Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Dusk Till Dawn [El Rey Channel] [** Spoilers **]

Options
  • 12-01-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,144 ✭✭✭✭

http://tvline.com/2014/01/12/from-dusk-till-dawn-series-premiere-date-matador-spy-drama/

The El Rey Network announced Sunday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour that its first original scripted drama, From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series, will premiere on Tuesday, March 11 at 9/8c.
    Network founder and filmmaker Robert Rodriguez will direct the first, second and fourth of Season 1′s 10 total episodes, while Emmy winner Greg Nicotero (The Walking Dead) will oversee make-up effects. Nikita executive producer Carlos Coto will serve as showrunner.
    Described by Rodriguez as “a complete retelling of the original story” featured in his and Quentin Tarantino’s 1996 movie of the same name, the series’ cast includes D.J. Cotrona (Detroit 1-8-7) and Zane Holtz (Make It or Break It) as brothers Seth and “Richie” Gecko, Robert Patrick (The X-Files) as former pastor Jacob Fuller, Wilmer Valderrama (That ’70s Show) and Don Johnson (Nash Bridges) as Texas Rangers, Eiza González (Lola: Érase Una Vez) as Santánico Pandemonium, Jesse Garcia (Sons of Anarchy), Adrianne Palicki (Friday Night Lights), Jake Busey (Good Vibes) and Lane Garrison (Prison Break).

From-Dusk-Till-Dawn-TV-Series-Poster.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://tvline.com/2014/01/12/from-dusk-till-dawn-series-premiere-date-matador-spy-drama/

The El Rey Network announced Sunday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour that its first original scripted drama, From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series, will premiere on Tuesday, March 11 at 9/8c.
    Network founder and filmmaker Robert Rodriguez will direct the first, second and fourth of Season 1′s 10 total episodes, while Emmy winner Greg Nicotero (The Walking Dead) will oversee make-up effects. Nikita executive producer Carlos Coto will serve as showrunner.
    Described by Rodriguez as “a complete retelling of the original story” featured in his and Quentin Tarantino’s 1996 movie of the same name, the series’ cast includes D.J. Cotrona (Detroit 1-8-7) and Zane Holtz (Make It or Break It) as brothers Seth and “Richie” Gecko, Robert Patrick (The X-Files) as former pastor Jacob Fuller, Wilmer Valderrama (That ’70s Show) and Don Johnson (Nash Bridges) as Texas Rangers, Eiza González (Lola: Érase Una Vez) as Santánico Pandemonium, Jesse Garcia (Sons of Anarchy), Adrianne Palicki (Friday Night Lights), Jake Busey (Good Vibes) and Lane Garrison (Prison Break).

From-Dusk-Till-Dawn-TV-Series-Poster.jpg

^ what a great and diverse cast!....i know everyone on the list....and carlos coto as showrunner?....excellent!, he was a lead writer on Nikita also....he also wrote some of the best episodes from Nikita.

hopefully quentin will add his hand at some point, i always loved FDTD...but it felt like two movies in one....the mental vampire lair stuff and the beginning was like a road movie.

Yer first man pulled off a pretty good Clooney with "you be cool"....but the two boys are VERY young looking!, plus lots of hot babes running around.....deffo worth a shot as the film was great!

+ if they re-create thid iconic scene....i'am sold!

SOLD!.....this looks really good, reminds me of Banshee...the tone is much darker then say the humorous moments in the movie, think they'll play the series straighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Haha, I saw a fast food joint in that trailer called "Big Kahuna Burger". Nice nod to QT.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

TV version of From Dusk Till Dawn arrives on Netflix 12th March with new episodes added weekly.

Source

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

starts tonight

Skerries wrote: »
    starts tonight

yup...deffo tuning in!....this could be Banshee with vampires! :D

Man i hope they recreate this scene........!!!!

It started last night, first episode is already up on Netflix. And surely if anything Banshee would be From Dusk Till Dawn without vampires.

Off to a good start
    So far a near shot for shot remake of the movie up to just after the shoot out in the gas station.

Off to a good start
    So far a near shot for shot remake of the movie up to just after the shoot out in the gas station.

so that might take us to episode 2....and the show starts with fresh material from episode 3 maybe :confused:

• Advertisement

jenjenten wrote: »
    so that might take us to episode 2....and the show starts with fresh material from episode 3 maybe :confused:

That's what it look like, episode 2 looks like
    They are on the way to the titty twister. Harvey and the RV have yet to arrive.

There are small changes in the pilot that set it up as a series.

That's what it look like, episode 2 looks like
    They are on the way to the titty twister. Harvey and the RV have yet to arrive.

There are small changes in the pilot that set it up as a series.

personally i dont think we'll see the
    titty twister
    stuff until much later in the 10 episode run, i think this show will focus alot on the town etc.

we will get to that spot...but in episode 6 or 8 imo.

first episode is now out.......

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I reluctantly watched this last night and was pleasantly surprised. So far, so good.

Really enjoyed the first episode, it did a nice job of setting up the characters and the world and it's nice that they're taking their time. There seems to be no rush to cram in the vampires and I can see the series ending with the big reveal. The journey to Mexico could be really interesting, something as small as setting an episode solely on the family Winnebago could be real fun.

One thing that did slightly annoy me was how the two leads tried so hard to imitate the Tarantino and Clooney. There were times where you could close your eyes and almost swear that Clooney was onscreen.

I hope that each series or every two series tell a self contained story. I don't want to be watching Seth and Richie 5 years from now but do think that there's a big world that could be explored. When I saw Robert Patrick was cast I assumed that he'd be playing the same role as he did in the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

I really enjoyed this last night. I thought the acting was great, Don Johnson played a great part.
    I actually enjoyed how true D.J stayed to Clooneys Seth Geckos character. I really didn't want completely new personas for the guys to be honest.

Also enjoyed how they are diverging slightly from the movie in little ways so far.
    When Carlos told Seth to listen to Ritchie because he see's things that Seth doesn't.
    Very Interesting, he might not be as loco as we think!

I have seen the movie but its been a few years, so while i remembered some dialogue/scenes....its mostly from the Titty Twister that i remember the most.

The first half of the movie is hazy, so i am judging this on its own merits....and i thought it was pretty darn good! :D

The standout here is Zane Holt/Richie....a much better actor then Tarantino, he plays the crazy way better then Tarantino did. I do see the similiar portrayals from DJ Controne/Clooney here....but i think once they move past the film stuff these actors will cut their own rug.

There does seem to be a supernatural element, Richie can see vampires and it looks like Santiago Pandamonium is trying to protect Richie.

Early days, it deffo held my interest and made me want to see how it progresses, i liked the opening credits with After Dark :)

If you've seen the movie there is nothing new in the pilot, the first two episodes in fact, based on interviews fresh material starts from episode 3.

If you havent seen the movie all the better...the Gekko brothers are fun to watch, i think the casting is bang on here. As stated Don Johnson was standout but i doubt we'll see him again outside of flashbacks.

I think they will deviate from the movie, it appears they have/are going to add more layers to this, is Richie nuts or is there more to his madness.....?

Like i said i'm hoping for Banshee with vampires, recomend :)

Episode 2 is now out.......

jenjenten wrote: »
    Episode 2 is now out.......

Really Richard, is never have guessed that the second episode a weekly TV series would be available to watch a week after the first one aired. I imagine that we'd all have missed it were it not for your reminder. After all it's not like there's a big banner advertising it when you sign into Netflix, nor is there ample coverage of it all over TV and media websites. I hoped that following your ban and rereg that you'd have learnt a lesson but you're back to your old ways. How long before you're trolling the Community thread and informing everyone that the ratings mean it's definitely cancelled this year.

Watching episode 2 and some of the acting is woeful. The preacher's kids are both dreadful and the scene with the two hostages from last week features one of the poorest displays of acting I've seen.

• Advertisement

Hmmm....i am starting to think we're not seeing vampires at all...but human snakes!
    That blood sucking scene, sans dodgy CGI was not your typical fangs, it was done exactly like how a snake operates it fangs!
    Deffo diverging heavily now from the movie....but jaysus the pace is slow!, the two boys havent even boarded the RV yet!
    If this paces hold we might not get to El Ry until episode 6, and the Titty Twister in episode 10!

Zane Holtz/Richie again the standout....even more cray cray this week!, so is he the Cartel Killer?....and Carlos, what he upto?
    Agree with Darko about the kids acting, pretty woeful....i bet the preacher killed his wife!. Sti;; holding my interest but they need to move it along!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's a bit annoying that this is up on all the pirate sites days before it hits Netflix. I'm guessing Netflix is releasing in the US first and holding back on release in Europe, I thought they didn't do that kind of crap? I thought they knew how the internet worked.

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's a bit annoying that this is up on all the pirate sites days before it hits Netflix. I'm guessing Netflix is releasing in the US first and holding back on release in Europe, I thought they didn't do that kind of crap? I thought they knew how the internet worked.

It gets shown on 9pm/1am Tuesday night on the EL Rey Network in the States and is put on Netflix UK/Ireland 1pm the next afternoon 12 hours after it is shown on US TV that is pretty good to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,823 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And I think US Netflix don't even get it since they'd be taking viewers away from El Rey. So really it seems Netflix users here get the better deal.

Slow moving so far. It's been a while since I saw the movie so I barely remember anything before the action kicks off.
    But they are developing Richie's weirdness more. Interesting that Carlos knows Richie has visions. At first thought it was just the way he was, but now that we know Carlos ain't exactly human, there's something else at work.

Speaking of Carlos, they'll have to explain how the sun affects him. Just seemed inconsistent. His hand was smoking, so I assume the rest was in the shade enough, while when he was talking to the family, he was under the trees.

Do have to laugh at Robert Patrick, who was in the second movie, now taking Harvey Keitel's role and Fez taking one of Cheech Marin's roles.

ScumLord wrote: »

It's not on the US Netflix and appears on the Irish one the afternoon after it airs on TV in the US so it's hard to complain. I doubt many people are so impatient that they can't wait till 1pm on the Wednesday to watch it legally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Really Richard, is never have guessed that the second episode a weekly TV series would be available to watch a week after the first one aired. I imagine that we'd all have missed it were it not for your reminder. After all it's not like there's a big banner advertising it when you sign into Netflix, nor is there ample coverage of it all over TV and media websites. I hoped that following your ban and rereg that you'd have learnt a lesson but you're back to your old ways. How long before you're trolling the Community thread and informing everyone that the ratings mean it's definitely cancelled this year.

Take a chill pill and relax Darko.

Back to his old ways? He was letting people know episode 2 was out.

Drama Queens everywhere.

Take a chill pill and relax Darko.

Back to his old ways? He was letting people know episode 2 was out.

Drama Queens everywhere.

We hoped that he might learn from his ban but old habits die hard. There's no need to bump a thread every week telling us that an episode is out.

Episode 3 now out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just came on here to find out when episode 3 is out, good timing :o

Advertisement