Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street lighting in the city

Options
  • 18-03-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed that street lighting in the city is very poor, I've noticed that all the lamps seem to be in qorking order but they're not that bright at all. I've really started noticing this yesterday and today.

Last night I was parked up from the Coach Station up towards the Radisson and I couldnt distinguish anyone of the pedestrians from the person I was waiting to collect, from about 50 feet.

Tonight I nearly hit someone on the Sean Mulvoy road, they were making a daring dash across the road, I didnt see them until very late (when my headlights hit them) and came to a very sudden stop, she had stopped crossing anyway.

Just wondering if anyone has noticed this too? My eyesight has always been solid enough - I dont think its a factor. Is it possible the city are using low powered bulbs to save on the electricity bills? I think it's dangerous.

Note: I had a very quick look back at threads in the forum and didnt see any on this topic, apologies if I'm mistaken.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement