Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for Speed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That looks shit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

If anything it'll be a change from Fast and Furious and havin to look at Paul Walkers silly surfer head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Looks pretty dire all right. Take away the BB/Aaron Paul angle and this wouldn't be getting an iota of the attention it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

When will Hollywood learn that video games and films do not mix?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Daemos wrote: »
    When will Hollywood learn that video games and films do not mix?

Ah now, Silent Hill was a great adaptation of the game! Not for the masses, but still a great adaptation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭chucksandstorm

looks awful. Not a great start to his post Breaking Bad career

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wtf is that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Wtf is that all about?
    the requirement for rapidity

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Usually you can enjoy a movie like that just for the cars but knowing that they aren't even using the real cars but basically micra's in body kits........kind of kills it for me.

Ignorance is bliss.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's the nasty cgi cars that I think suck donkey balls in the trailer, same mistake the latter Transporter movies made, not to mention that glob awful Cruise/Diaz film a couple of years ago, same crap, cgi cars exploding all over the place, convincing no one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's the nasty cgi cars that I think suck donkey balls in the trailer, same mistake the latter Transporter movies made, not to mention that glob awful Cruise/Diaz film a couple of years ago, same crap, cgi cars exploding all over the place, convincing no one.

The worst one is where they speed up footage to make it look like the cars are going faster than they actually are. The later Transporters were truly awful for this. It looks terrible and fools nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    Looks pretty dire all right. Take away the BB/Aaron Paul angle and this wouldn't be getting an iota of the attention it is.
    Too true.
    I'm starting to see a trend here.
    What was the terrible looking film that came out recently and has a minor part by Bryan Cranston?

*Edit; here it is; http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2511428/?ref_=sr_1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Too true.
    I'm starting to see a trend here.
    What was the terrible looking film that came out recently and has a minor part by Bryan Cranston?

*Edit; here it is; http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2511428/?ref_=sr_1

Minor part? From the way I heard it being discussed on the radio I thought he was the lead.

When the trailer played in the cinema at the weekend quite a few people were asking why the hell would Aaron Paul sign up for something like this. They must have came up with a dozen reason yet they missed the most obvious one....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

When the trailer played in the cinema at the weekend quite a few people were asking why the hell would Aaron Paul sign up for something like this. They must have came up with a dozen reason yet they missed the most obvious one....

I'd agree money was probably a factor all right, but surely he would have been inundated with scripts, yet this is what he chooses as his big mainstream break through?? Who's advising him?

Hopefully he hasn't got a case of thinking his sh!t don't stank, cause he can only dine out on Breaking Bad for so long. Really good actor, and hopefully he makes the cross over, but he's doing himself no favours headlining in mickey like this.

I'd agree money was probably a factor all right, but surely he would have been inundated with scripts, yet this is what he chooses as his big mainstream break through?? Who's advising him?

Hopefully he hasn't got a case of thinking his sh!t don't stank, cause he can only dine out on Breaking Bad for so long. Really good actor, and hopefully he makes the cross over, but he's doing himself no favours headlining in mickey like this.

To be fair this could actually turn out to be pretty decent and Paul has done a few interesting low budget films and has a few in the pipeline. Like most actors, you gotta take the glossy big budget films to help make the smaller ones. Or maybe like Brendan Fraser he just wants to make big blockbuster's and sees smaller independent films as a way to kill time between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Who hasn't been in a terrible film??? Even films considered by some to be masterpieces are pure tripe to others (I'm looking at you Donnie Darko).

This will be along the same vein as TF&TF, leave your brain at the door entertainment. And maybe Aaron Paul wanted to do something completely different to BB, and this was the first oppertunity he got to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

he did Smashed a smaller film which got good reviews and he's in ridley scotts next film, if you going to do a big fumb film for money, do a big dumb film for money

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

To be fair to Aaron Paul.. he's already filmed a starring role in a film adaptation of a much-loved Nick Hornby book (A Long Way Down) before taking on "Requirement For Rapidity" (kudos expectationlost.. prefer that name!) so nothing wrong in taking on a dumb action movie after that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Basq wrote: »
    To be fair to Aaron Paul.. he's already filmed a starring role in a film adaptation of a much-loved Nick Hornby book (A Long Way Down) before taking on "Requirement For Rapidity" (kudos expectationlost.. prefer that name!) so nothing wrong in taking on a dumb action movie after that.

As Ari Gold used to say, do one for the studio, then do one for you. It's the perfect balance of keeping yourself in the public eye, keeping the studios happy and fullfilling your artistic needs as an actor. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I... What... I don't even...

Otacon wrote: »

I... What... I don't even...

Looks like decent enough, easy to watch Friday night trash.

I'm treating Need for Speed the film as a sequel to Breaking Bad. After the events of the Breaking Bad, Jesse decided to get out of the meth game and into high end street racing. Sadly like everything that Jesse gets involved in, things go tits up pretty quickly and he finds himself in prison.

Now two years later, he's out of prison and taking revenge on Uday Hussein's double as a now bankrupt Bruce Wayne acts out his love of the DJ in Vanishing Point.

Looks like decent enough, easy to watch Friday night trash.

It isn't.

Just back from a 'fan screening' in Leicester Square. It is one of the worst written movies I have seen in years. The dialogue is awful and the plot utterly predictable - which is odd as it simultaneously makes little sense.

The car action is admittedly superb but cannot make up for the rest of this mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I think he was on Top Gear tonite, as he was on Graham Norton on Fri nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Nero707

It just looks super meh to me, trying to cash in on the game series and BB's popularity. I think it's probably just going to end up as a poor man's The Fast and The Furious

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

They're missing a beat if the film doesn't contain the following lines of dialogue:

I've got a need.
    [Puts on racing glove]
    A need for speed.

Nero707 wrote: »
    It just looks super meh to me, trying to cash in on the game series and BB's popularity. I think it's probably just going to end up as a poor man's The Fast and The Furious

I really don't see how it's cashing in on Breaking Bad beyond starring Aaron Paul. It's like saying that the film is trying to cash in on the recent Batman craze given the presence if Michael Keaton or that's it's cashing in on hip hops wide appeal because Kid Cudi is in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

They're missing a beat if the film doesn't contain the following lines of dialogue:

I've got a need.
    [Puts on racing glove]
    A need for speed.
    Reminds me of:
    It+is+certainly+necessary.+Fast+and+Furious+6+original+script_adb729_4609084.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Its funny you mentioned cgi cars, as Aaron said on top gear tonight that they did not use cgi effects and actually destroyed $300,000 kit cars that looked like the real deal.
    Otacon wrote: »
    It isn't.

Just back from a 'fan screening' in Leicester Square. It is one of the worst written movies I have seen in years. The dialogue is awful and the plot utterly predictable - which is odd as it simultaneously makes little sense.

The car action is admittedly superb but cannot make up for the rest of this mess.

Seen as you saw the film, do you reckon there was much cgi effects used?

• Advertisement

waveform wrote: »
    Seen as you saw the film, do you reckon there was much cgi effects used?

I didn't see any. Now they may have used CGI to get rid of wires or other things you are not meant to see but I honestly didn't notice anything.

The car action and races were the best thing about the movie.

Advertisement