Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 20 - League and cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Gelio wrote: »
    killia10.png

What a pull!

Edit: 20 stars by the way

Wonder how many of those 12s are almost 13's. Limited experience is nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

If you're selling, I know a lady who can guarantee 10 lvl 5s for the Irish cause, bags of cash too, so a bidding war won't be a problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Davyboy. wrote: »
    If you're selling, I know a lady who can guarantee 10 lvl 5s for the Irish cause, bags of cash too, so a bidding war won't be a problem ;)

He's 19 Davey, probably much better 17 year old options

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Davyboy. wrote: »

I'm happy to sell, but wex is right. He isn't a great candidate for ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Loving Div 1 this season. Every team is so close its hard to predict winners. Everyone capable of beating everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Today I have a tricky battle on my hand against Gideons. Kinda looked at it initially as "they're newly promoted... grrrrand sure, foot off the gas" but, um, out of the 8 times we've played before they've beaten me 5. Plus they're at home. Plus I should be one of their prime targets for wins. So... this morning I'm a bit anxious. Hopefully it'll be a good battle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

gone for broke in my game figured i cannot win in cup need badly to stay up in div 3 so far today its working 21-0 up at half time did i overkill though?

westman1 wrote: »
    gone for broke in my game figured i cannot win in cup need badly to stay up in div 3 so far today its working 21-0 up at half time did i overkill though?

21-0 does sounds like overkill. Unless he makes a 2nd half comeback. It's always painful when you waste a tnt, I'm a divil for being cautious and throwing everything at a game I'm doubtful about.
    TNTed today, but thankfully there's only 1 try in it, so it wasn't too much of a waste. Now hope I can hold on or grind out the bonus point.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

yes thats right top motherf88kers
    great season so far for the dannys, top and unbeaten in all games that matters. next 2 weeks are tough tho could potentially lose both

westman1 wrote: »

won 12-26 did the right thing i reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

AAAAAHHHHHHHH
    was 24-18 up away against last seasons league winner. He scored a try with literally seconds left on the clock. then converted to win 25-24..gutted

:(:(

Ah crap. Forgot to set tactics on Wednesday. Won match. Reeeeally can't afford the energy.

im rebuilding my team the players coming out on the tm from the ya its already obvious that with the cap removed theres better players. an english guy just showed a ya player just turned 17 with 4 13s and high enough skils elsewhere so with luck IT can be beat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

epic tussle tonight with Revan RFC, managed by the Jims. 21-21 with just over 5 minutes left!

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=11584445

i got marvel how much fun ha least its at his place and a wnwnm win tonight means my energy is still good

taking a risk today gonig normal against side i need to beat but need to gain energy for next week for a team i really need to beat

it worked out :D roll on next week

Damn. Lost again this week. 2 wins from 6 this season. In danger of relegation now :eek:

Need to pull finger out and figure out these new tactics quick!!

Somehow coming fourth in my league

Big time over performing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Forgot to set lineup for cup match tonight. Was planning on throwing it to conserve energy for the league and likely to lose to East Coast Tinders either way. Now that the stars are up I'm only about 3 stars down and playing at home, so might tune into the game this evening after all.

• Advertisement

so cups over for my only lost 46-0 tho marvel felt the need to normal me ah well i need the break anyway players are getting tired ha

die set got to win to make it to fouth place gone all out for it

Doing better this season, thankfully, though I've had the easy matches first. At least auto-relegation is looking somewhat further away this time.

lost but got bonus point +1

My league has just got thrown on its head. Some outrageous results this week.

A bot in our league has taken the pressure off avoiding relegation, but the race is now on for playoffs. Unfortunately I got crushed by FRF again.

FewFew wrote: »
    A bot in our league has taken the pressure off avoiding relegation, but the race is now on for playoffs. Unfortunately I got crushed by FRF again.

A lot of this is going to be down to how your fixtures fall. Mine look to be nice :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'm having a really weird season, beat two of the better teams in my league, lost to two of the weaker teams in my league, hanging in play-off spot, but it's a real shoot out for who gets there.

If I can strengthen my squad before the end of the season I should be in contention for play-offs, maybe even an entirely unwinnable final, but I've been pretty poor this seaosn. Not happy, hoping for things to come back together next season, another 3rd in my league I'd be over the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Substitutions are here!!

Must say I like the option of making a sub if "winning/losing by more than x" etc..

Between this and the zonal tactics, life is getting trickier for one-clickers!

Substitutions! It’s substitutions. The secret feature… is substitutions. We’re extremely excited to finally release, literally, the oldest suggestion in the book. This feature was outlined in the original Blackout Rugby blueprint way back in 2006, but was dropped in favour of getting the game out the door. But it’s here now, better late than never. So go check it out! There is a new “Subs” tab on your lineup editor, and the documentation is here. Thanks to the review board guys who helped with designing this feature, and to the team who helped with testing. You know who you are. More

There will be further updates to substitutions in the future such as child rules to allow moving players around on the field as part of a substitution - however, these are not available yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gidea

FewFew wrote: »

That pesky bot is still ahead of me :o

Advertisement