Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Broadband Speed Issue

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sorry got home too late to post my normal speed. Anyway heres what Im at at the moment:
    3101197147.png

It gets worse as the evening goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

3101432759.png

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

3101526988.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

A Sky rep called again this evening... this time it was one of the honest ones who admitted that they know it's a widespread problem with Sky and nothing at fault on my side.

Here is a test from a few minutes ago.... a little bit different from the constant 17mbps I used to get...

3101553747.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hello all,

Sky have asked us if we'd post the following statement on their behalf to you all.
    We are aware that a number of our broadband customers are experiencing some degradation in service in specific areas at certain times . This is as a result of network issues which we are actively working to resolve. We would ask any affected customers to contact us on the Sky Help forum accessing the Ireland Broadband section where we can address the issue on an individual basis.

• Advertisement

Think the majority of posters on this thread have already contacted Sky customer support...multiple times. Regardless, hopefully they can find a speedy solution.

My profile speed has been lowered again and predictably.. no change, download speed is still dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 binaryhex

can we get out of our contracts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

binaryhex wrote: »
    can we get out of our contracts?

Contact ComReg about it.

joke it is, they not providing what i am paying for

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

joke it is, they not providing what i am paying for

Joke it may be , but remember its Eircom that are pulling the strings. And IMHO, Eircom will drag their heels for as long as possible where there are problems being experienced by customers of other providers. And, of course, Comreg will happily sit on the ditch:rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

No changes here for me, still the same slow speeds... I really!Lt can't be bothered to ring Sky again only to be told theres no issue... I just want to leave and get fibre!

am going at them wit a solicitor

Let me know how it goes, I'm unsure what more I can do now at this stage.

Hardly necessary? Have you told Sky you are leaving because their terms aren't been fulfilled?

I did... and they didn't seem to have a problem with the early release out of contract.

HighLine wrote: »
    Hardly necessary? Have you told Sky you are leaving because their terms aren't been fulfilled?

I did... and they didn't seem to have a problem with the early release out of contract.

More details please.
    Did you go through to cancellations or were you talking to the broadband people? I might ring up now and cancel.

More details please.
    Did you go through to cancellations or were you talking to the broadband people? I might ring up now and cancel.

Well for a start, for the last week+ I have been getting them to write on my account that my broadband is unusable each day.

I was speaking to the broadband staff today and stated I was going to terminate contract and that I would not be paying the last 2 months of my contract (as in the next 2 months) and was told that was "completely fine and understandable under the circumstances".

They are in breach of contract so they really can't argue otherwise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

Try to get Sky to reimburse you for the last two weeks of crap service. For example: my speeds in the evening are around 400kb/s instead of the normal 1.2mb/s, so I'm getting one-third of my speed. Seeing as this problem as been persisting for two weeks and non-trail Sky customers pay €40 a month, you should be entitled around €13.

€40 / 4 weeks = 10
    10 x 2 weeks = €20
    €20 / one-third = €6.67
    6.67 x 2 = €13.34

Well for a start, for the last week+ I have been getting them to write on my account that my broadband is unusable each day.

I was speaking to the broadband staff today and stated I was going to terminate contract and that I would not be paying the last 2 months of my contract (as in the next 2 months) and was told that was "completely fine and understandable under the circumstances".

They are in breach of contract so they really can't argue otherwise.
    I've been ringing for a while and I've had the issues for over 2 weeks, since Hallowe'en. My hub syncs at 10 down from 16 but the speeds I get on wired are only around 0.50Mb so they say there should be a Problem on the line, they rang back and said there wasn't any issue so I don't know what I can do now.
    I'd stay with Sky if they could provide proper speeds.

I've been ringing for a while and I've had the issues for over 2 weeks, since Hallowe'en. My hub syncs at 10 down from 16 but the speeds I get on wired are only around 0.50Mb so they say there should be a Problem on the line, they rang back and said there wasn't any issue so I don't know what I can do now.
    I'd stay with Sky if they could provide proper speeds.

I had a profile of 20 down and got consistent 17mbps download speed ever since I signed up last January. They have lowered my profile down to 10 now which has had no effect. Still getting speeds of between 1 and 2 mbps during the evening.

It's a shame because for 10 months, I had flawless service from Sky. I don't believe Sky have much control over this problem and that a certain other ISP is in no hurry to fix the situation.

I had a profile of 20 down and got consistent 17mbps download speed ever since I signed up last January. They have lowered my profile down to 10 now which has had no effect. Still getting speeds of between 1 and 2 mbps during the evening.

It's a shame because for 10 months, I had flawless service from Sky. I don't believe Sky have much control over this problem and that a certain other ISP is in no hurry to fix the situation.

I had perfect service at 16Mb since April. Now I barely get 1Mb, their Level 2 doesn't seem to be much help and I dont really want Eircom coming out to my house, I'd prefer if I could just leave without penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

Was experiencing a slow down during the week but speeds are steady over weekend. Has it been resolved?

Was experiencing a slow down during the week but speeds are steady over weekend. Has it been resolved?

mine is working perfect As of 9 last night

It's not peak times right now so speeds shouldn't be too bad. Wait until 6pm tomorrow and see how it is then. My download speed right now is 4.63mbps - still dismal.

I'm upstairs on my Nexus 7 and I just did a SpeedTest there now and I got 8 down and the upload wouldn't finish. It appears as though the issue has been sorted, shame in a sense as I was looking forward to the idea of 70/20 :P Here's hoping it stays like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Sorry bout the delay getting back.
    Sky sent me a new hub last week and still the same speeds.
    I them filtered the phone and the extension to the hub and then filtered the hub as well. During the day I get 8mb Monday to Friday but after 6 I am getting 2.
    They asked me to change the hub location and monitor it for 24 hours. I laughed as I was getting perfect conection during the day so it was bit the hub location. The advisor went of to tech support an came back informing me that they are looking into a congestion issue in the area. North county Dublin.
    I haven't heard anything since that call but I will be testing again this evening and a call made regarding the speed being returned to the 16 I was getting or the contract ending without charges.
    If no joy, I will be contacting comreg. Comreg had done this before for me with another operator over the exact same issue and only 3 weeks into the contract.

Sup08 wrote: »
    Sorry bout the delay getting back.
    Sky sent me a new hub last week and still the same speeds.
    I them filtered the phone and the extension to the hub and then filtered the hub as well. During the day I get 8mb Monday to Friday but after 6 I am getting 2.
    They asked me to change the hub location and monitor it for 24 hours. I laughed as I was getting perfect conection during the day so it was bit the hub location. The advisor went of to tech support an came back informing me that they are looking into a congestion issue in the area. North county Dublin.
    I haven't heard anything since that call but I will be testing again this evening and a call made regarding the speed being returned to the 16 I was getting or the contract ending without charges.
    If no joy, I will be contacting comreg. Comreg had done this before for me with another operator over the exact same issue and only 3 weeks into the contract.

Hi Sup08
    Same issue here ... I'm in North County Dublin ...
    I had bad speeds all week end - 3Mb only
    Will call them again tonight to follow up on my escalation

Fingers crossed ... looks ok for now , even though pings are high
    3109456085.png

• Advertisement

3109576903.png
    Was talking to a man from Sky today about getting the profile set back up to 16Mb and he said there was no way, went through the usual car references and stuff but alas I'm stuck with 10Mb now... He also said I should consider myself "One Lucky Ducky" for having a stable 16Mb for so long :(

Advertisement