Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arup Graduate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 clarkej5

cherrytaz,

you'll be happy to know when replying to me I was told only one person was offered a position with the highways group, so that must be yourself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 FutureMovement

Hi All,

Sorry if i'm kinda hijacking the thread. Though I wanted enquire...

If anyone has applied for the technical traineeship scheme route. If, so how long has it taken before they got back to you in regards to having a possible interview (applied when the application opened last year 2010 - though I continually keep getting e-mails from them saying that my application under review, asking if I am still interested). Would they not let you know if you are unsuccesful? Are they still taking on technical traineeships this year? If anyone has - how is the interview structured? What does it entail - interview questions? tests? exercises?

I am quite keen to explore this route with Arup.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 er.ap

Hey guys,

I got interview call for Electrical Engineering - building services graduate position. Can anyone please guide me for the same; what shall I prepare ?

Regards
    Alex

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ravn

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could offer some advice/tips for interviewing for a graduate building services position with ARUP in the UK? Have an interview with them lined up for next week. Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 er.ap

Hi

Share ur email id. I can drop u details. I recently attended it :)
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dalou

Hi!

I also have an interview coming for El. Eng - Building Services.. Anyone could share some info on the process (especially the technical design part) or general advice? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

Hey guys
    Sorry to revive an old thread

How long did people have to wait last year for Arup to get back to them for interviews after the application deadline? its been 5 or 6 weeks now at this stage and still no word from them.

Also any ideas how many Structural Grads they took on last year?

Just want to know as I have started applying for a few jobs in England, but Arup would be my top choice and I'd try hold out on going to England for it if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dunphus

cozzie55 wrote: »
    Hey guys
    Sorry to revive an old thread

How long did people have to wait last year for Arup to get back to them for interviews after the application deadline? its been 5 or 6 weeks now at this stage and still no word from them.

Also any ideas how many Structural Grads they took on last year?

Just want to know as I have started applying for a few jobs in England, but Arup would be my top choice and I'd try hold out on going to England for it if possible.

It's still possible to apply so it will be a while yet I'd say. Interviews are around June each year I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nevile

er.ap wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

Hey Could you plz drop in the details. Got an interview for the same next week.

Thanx in advance

nevile wrote: »
    Hey Could you plz drop in the details. Got an interview for the same next week.

Thanx in advance

hey neville
    What position did you get an interview for? also is this for the recent grad programme advertised in the last couple of months? Just interested cause i applied aswell but still haven't heard anything yet.

• Advertisement

cozzie55 wrote: »
    hey neville
    What position did you get an interview for? also is this for the recent grad programme advertised in the last couple of months? Just interested cause i applied aswell but still haven't heard anything yet.

I applied for Graduate electrical Engineer. And Yeah for the recently advertised post. When did you make the application?

I applied for Graduate electrical Engineer. And Yeah for the recently advertised post. When did you make the application?

Well congrats on getting the interview, only the best get called for interview for arup
    I applied for the structures and bridge department but no one has been called yet for them. Its good to know they must be getting around to doing interviews soon if you have been called

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Xrox

Hey all,

Got called for Arup UK Electrical Engineering - Building Design for an interview/assessment at the end of the month (dates to be confirmed due to examtime table) and would appreciate any and all constructive advice anyone can give me. interview questions, what to read up on etc.

Feel free to PM if you'd perfer or post here

Xrox wrote: »
    Hey all,

Got called for Arup UK Electrical Engineering - Building Design for an interview/assessment at the end of the month (dates to be confirmed due to examtime table) and would appreciate any and all constructive advice anyone can give me. interview questions, what to read up on etc.

Feel free to PM if you'd perfer or post here

Hey i was asked to send a response stating my availability this month. I did and they tld wud contact once dated have been decided. After that no reply.. Its been 2 weeks...

Hey Nev,

They emailled me asking me over for may the 22nd to do the assessment/interview but i have a college exam that day so i sent them back my exam time table and they emailled me back saying thanks for confirming my interest and theyll be in contact to rearrage.

She did however state in the first email that they wanted to know my availability for may if i was unable to attend the 22nd.

Hey i was asked to send a response stating my availability this month. I did and they tld wud contact once dated have been decided. After that no reply.. Its been 2 weeks...

Have you had any further contact from them??

Xrox wrote: »
    Have you had any further contact from them??

Even I had the same situation. I got a call asking me about my availability on May 22nd. I too had exams. I told her that i will be available from the first week of June. Told that she'd get in touch once an additional assessment date is fixed. I mailed her my timetable. After that no news till date!

I thought since they wanted us over by the end of May it was for a start in june. Ha ha it'll turn out they have already filled the postions now or something. Unless its summer long recruitment and the job is for September/August.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 engsmeng

Hey,

Ive just been called for interview on Thursday, but im embarrassed to say i had forgotten about my application in the large number of applications ive made as a soon to be grad.

Anybody have any tips on what they are looking for in the interview, and any basic information such as how long the grad program is, whats the salary like and were most grads are based?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thats all dependant on the ARUP department and which country have you applied for. I have applied for UK so salary will be different but let me know what one your going for and any info i have ill pass it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 engsmeng

I applied to the Grad Program in Ireland, i don't thing i applied to a specific department but said my area of expertise is in Energy.

Ah see me and Nev have gone for the UK one i think. The package there is something like 30-32,000 sterling thats including pension etc i think its 26,000 gross. They dont pay the best but they are a big multinational and seem to be good to work for (from what i've read).

I thought ireland only done Civil but i guess i missed that one (as i'd be energy aswell mainly renewable electrical energy management). They seem more interested in if you buy into their way of doing things than if you got a 2.1 or a first. So be enthuasiactic about sustainablility if you'd like the job.

Pass on any info you get as in questions they ask etc and ill do likewise as i think the majority of their interview is standard for the company worldwide with a focus on your discipline.

Hey How was your interview with Arup?

engsmeng wrote: »
    I applied to the Grad Program in Ireland, i don't thing i applied to a specific department but said my area of expertise is in Energy.

Hey How was your interview with Arup?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 plumer03

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could offer some tips for interviewing for a graduate civil structures position with ARUP in the UK? Have an interview with them lined up for next week. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 5 akrockheartz19

er.ap wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

Hey,
    I recently got an offer for an interview for a post of Graduate electrical Engineer...could u help me with the interview? what kind of questions do they ask?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Hey,
    I recently got an offer for an interview for a post of Graduate electrical Engineer...could u help me with the interview? what kind of questions do they ask?

The information you have provided is very vague.
    If you provide done details about the company and the role you may get a helpful answer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

2011 wrote: »
    The information you have provided is very vague.
    If you provide done details about the company and the role you may get a helpful answer.

Given that this thread is about Arup Graduates I assume its an Graduate electrical Engineer with Arup.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

godtabh wrote: »
    Given that this thread is about Arup Graduates I assume its an Graduate electrical Engineer with Arup.

Assumptions are not always correct. At the start of this thread it was about a graduate position with Arup Highways section. Now akrockheartz19 is asking about an electrical engineering graduate position. Assuming this position is with Arup there are many different types electrical engineer. The type of questions likely to be asked can vary significantly depending on the type of electrical engineering that akrockheartz19 is being interviewed for. So if the question is more specific the answere maybe more helpful :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 akrockheartz19

2011 wrote: »
    Assumptions are not always correct. At the start of this thread it was about a graduate position with Arup Highways section. Now akrockheartz19 is asking about an electrical engineering graduate position. Assuming this position is with Arup there are many different types electrical engineer. The type of questions likely to be asked can vary significantly depending on the type of electrical engineering that akrockheartz19 is being interviewed for. So if the question is more specific the answere maybe more helpful :)

Sorry guys if I was not clear. The thread was about Arup so didn't specify much. Anyway,

I submitted my resume to Arup hong kong for graduate program for Electrical Engineer. I have been invited for a written test and an interview. I am kind of freaking out at what they will ask. So any information will be really helpful

Advertisement