Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

DaLad wrote: »
    Did you download your free Xbox Live games for being a Gold member?

I haven't done that come to think of it. What is it this month? Another half arsed arcade game...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Did you download your free Xbox Live games for being a Gold member?

My gold expired the month before they started that! Was waiting to see what the games were before renewing it but I owned or had no interest in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They've had Assassin's Creed 2, Crackdown and think the current one is Dead Rising 2. I assume they swap them out, but I don't have a 360 so can't confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mister Man wrote: »
    I haven't done that come to think of it. What is it this month? Another half arsed arcade game...?

These 2 bad boys right now:

GFG.png

which you can download from HERE!

Then earlier this month was Crackdown, which you have missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

17 Command and Conquer games €14.99 Origin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Skerries wrote: »

Damn that's tempting. Already own a few of them but having them DD with the DLC would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Umm.. okay then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

border123 wrote: »
    The above information was useful and i got this forum from Google.com

Er... what?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Danger781 wrote: »
    Umm.. okay then
    Tinie wrote: »
    Er... what?

I'd suggest you don't give that boke the stock reply of "Did you try googling it" whenever he has a question. As it's brought him here in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

with the renewed interest in the PS Vita, you can pick up Virtua Tennis 4 on Amazon.co.uk for £6.43 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Virtua-Tennis-4-PS-Vita/dp/B00690M0FI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377167620&sr=8-1&keywords=virtua+tennis+4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

How does the multiplayer work in these games, especially the older ones. I remember with fondness rage the many, many times me and my mates tried to get C&C/Red Alert 2 going on a LAN over IPX.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    How does the multiplayer work in these games, especially the older ones. I remember with fondness rage the many, many times me and my mates tried to get C&C/Red Alert 2 going on a LAN over IPX.

From the ones I've played its easy enough to set up normal WAN games, haven't tried LAN, but you can just setup private games. The ones I've played still have a pretty decent online presence too still.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

The Witcher series are on sale on GOG.com at the moment, I'd recommend!
    http://www.gog.com/promo/witcher_franchise_promo_220813-

EDIT: Also on steam but its cheaper on GOG.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Damn that's tempting. Already own a few of them but having them DD with the DLC would be nice.

That often goes on an even greater discount. Just be patient. I think I got them all for €7 or €8. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

simon360 wrote: »
    The Witcher series are on sale on GOG.com at the moment, I'd recommend!
    http://www.gog.com/promo/witcher_franchise_promo_220813-

EDIT: Also on steam but its cheaper on GOG.com.
    I think (not sure but) do you not get a steam key with the witcher from gog? Or is it the other way around, buy on steam and get access to downloads from gog?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Jernal wrote: »
    That often goes on an even greater discount. Just be patient. I think I got them all for €7 or €8. :)

I'm still missing some of the main games as well, especially the earliest ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I think (not sure but) do you not get a steam key with the witcher from gog? Or is it the other way around, buy on steam and get access to downloads from gog?

GOG uses DRM free games so no you don't get a Steam Key.

Steam has the two Witcher games for €7 on sale atm though if you wanted it on Steam

btw Humble Bundle have released 2 more games and one of them is C&C Red Alert 3 and also Populous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Steam has the two Witcher games for €7 on sale atm though if you wanted it on Steam

btw Humble Bundle have released 2 more games and one of them is C&C Red Alert 3 and also Populous

€7 each or total? If that's total then there's a negligeble difference between the GOG offer and Steam itself, given the conversion rates. Bought Witcher 2 during the Steam sales and only picked up the original Witcher on GOG now.

€7 each or total? If that's total then there's a negligeble difference between the GOG offer and Steam itself, given the conversion rates. Bought Witcher 2 during the Steam sales and only picked up the original Witcher on GOG now.

Dont forget you get a GOG backup if you buy either of the witcher games on steam: www.gog.com/witcher/backup

• Advertisement

€1.99 for Witcher 1 and €4.99 for Witcher 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

€1.99 for Witcher 1 and €4.99 for Witcher 2

GOG just price matched it so, sh*t, why didn't I check Steam first :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I'm still missing some of the main games as well, especially the earliest ones.

The first 3 (Tiberian Dawn, Tiberian Sun and Red Alert) were released as freeware a few years ago. You can legally download them for free here.

For those that dont know, the going rate for Rayman Origins and a pre order of Rayman legends on steam, is 7tf2 keys, so about €11. See here: http://www.tf2outpost.com/search/142164783

2 great platforming games for a tenner is a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I have a laptop for steam myself, but maybe this should be renamed to PC gaming bargains, it's so overwhelmed by them. :P

Oh, here's a console bargain: Amazon dropped the price of pre-orders for GTA V:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0062KICQ6/ref=nosim

Occono wrote: »
    I have a laptop for steam myself, but maybe this should be renamed to PC gaming bargains, it's so overwhelmed by them. :P

Oh, here's a console bargain: Amazon dropped the price of pre-orders for GTA V:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0062KICQ6/ref=nosim

Nice! It will more than likely be €45 in Tesco on release night, if not even cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lyrical

Hey guys ,

Just wondering should I take the plunge and buy the Sonic hits collection on Steam for €28 or should I wait I can't seem to find any cheaper deal same deal is on Greenmangaming for over €100 :eek:. I was going to splash out during the steam sale but was disappointed they reduced all the prices of the individual games by 75% but not the package price worked out under 2 euro dearer to buy all the games individually at the time.

(P.S thanks to all the posters who take the time to post the deals joined steam less than 2 months ago and I have 50 plus games in my library :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Nice! It will more than likely be €45 in Tesco on release night, if not even cheaper!

Yup, most new releases are 45 from Tesco. Also worth chancing your arm the day before release to see if you can get it early. Get someone to run out back to have a look for one and you might get lucky. Last few years I've got Fifa early from Tesco by doing that.

Also, not mentioned here, EA/Origin Humble added two new games - CnC Red Alert:Upraising & Populous.

Mister Man wrote: »
    Yup, most new releases are 45 from Tesco. Also worth chancing your arm the day before release to see if you can get it early. Get someone to run out back to have a look for one and you might get lucky. Last few years I've got Fifa early from Tesco by doing that.

Also, not mentioned here, EA/Origin Humble added two new games - CnC Red Alert:Upraising & Populous.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Well Tescos in Limerick have never done that from what I've seen. :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement