Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you report posts?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

lkionm wrote: »
    Reported for flirting

Reported cock block.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

No need to report posts. There are one or two bucks on some threads here who think they are God so I presume they see all and hear all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Reported for flirting
    Fair cop. He is an awful dish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Ah here... Ill leave ye to it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Fair cop. He is an awful dish though.

Im only jealous, what I wouldnt do to clean up any of his oil spills.

• Advertisement

Im only jealous, what I wouldnt do to clean up any of his oil spills.
    He's only allowed wash them these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Overheal wrote: »
    OK I'll bite:

Why?
    reported for biting:pac:

wil wrote: »
    relax, it'll heal over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Yes I report spammy posts. How else would I have got Gordon on my lurve list?

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Yeah I report useless spam. Nobody likes seeing pages of gibberish, same Chinese letters copy pasted over and over, advertisements etc.
    I wonder is that the last bastion of humans, being able to tell the difference between spam and humour.
    Could be used instead of those ridiculous captchas.

Last night would have been a real test of counterspamtech,
    Mind you, seemed to be a test of a few humanbots too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

I wonder is that the last bastion of humans, being able to tell the difference between spam and humour.
    Could be used instead of those ridiculous captchas.

Last night would have been a real test of counterspamtech,
    Mind you, seemed to be a test of a few humanbots too.
    Last night was the result of me having a bottle of wine and posting on boards. Phones are hard with a bottle on wine in you.

Sorry madsl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Only a handful over a few years.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's the only way to get the silver stars. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

No, That feature is only for Ratbags.

RATS OUT!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    No, That feature is only for Ratbags.

RATS OUT!!!
    You're not 13. Once in a blue moon reporting someone being really abusive or dragging a thread off-topic and spoiling it by going on a wind-up rampage is hardly out of line. Big difference between that and reporting every innocuous little thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

You're not 13. Once in a blue moon reporting someone being really abusive or dragging a thread off-topic and spoiling it by going on a wind-up rampage is hardly out of line. Big difference between that and reporting every innocuous little thing.
    it's past midnight, it's happy hour where teenagers freely roam the domain until dawn. He might actually be 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

pharmaton wrote: »
    it's past midnight, it's happy hour where teenagers freely roam the domain until dawn. He might actually be 13.

Now, now. Give respect where respect is due.
    17 year old that got caught drinking and is grounded

Or actually some people do think like that. I never got why adults think like that when it comes to forums.

I could get it if was someone having a joint or something but it's a fecking forum.

peer pressure and the need to feel accepted as part of a larger group my best guess

pharmaton wrote: »
    How do we tell if there are teenagers onboard.?
    Is there a need to keep things age appropriate or could we assume there is some sort of watershed after 9pm when discussing more mature issues?

How do we tell if there are teenagers onboard.?
    Is there a need to keep things age appropriate or could we assume there is some sort of watershed after 9pm when discussing more mature issues?

it's not about need it's more like knowing when you're going diving what way the weather will be and what time the high tide is so you can go better prepared and possibly not drown or get the bends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Is it not just more work for mods if people are whining about other posters all the time?

Just reported the blackberry phablet?

I think that poster has a lisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭rustedtrumpet

Rats out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Maybe if it was racist or homophobic.

But people who go crying to a Mod because they're getting the arse handed to them in an online argument are beyond pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

If it is blatently racist,insulting, or something like that yea.
    Spammers I just post in the feedback thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Reported for reporting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Maybe if it was racist or homophobic.

But people who go crying to a Mod because they're getting the arse handed to them in an online argument are beyond pathetic.

Depends on context there though Frank tbh. Sometimes if I see posters ganging up on another poster who is clearly out of their depth, I really DO wonder why some posters care enough to bother handing them their ass. That, to me at least, is pathetic, and I'd pick one post and report it to give the Moderators a heads up to have a look at what's going on in the thread.

It's a discussion site, not a "look at me waving my e-penis about to feel all superior to you" site, and sometimes it really is cringeworthy to see the behaviour of grown adults who can't have a civil discussion or correct a person's opinion they feel is misinformed, in a civil manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Church bashing hate mongering posts mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Depends on context there though Frank tbh. Sometimes if I see posters ganging up on another poster who is clearly out of their depth, I really DO wonder why some posters care enough to bother handing them their ass. That, to me at least, is pathetic, and I'd pick one post and report it to give the Moderators a heads up to have a look at what's going on in the thread.

I don't like to see online bullying either - which is what I would consider what you describe.

I'm talking about the kind of person who enters into an argument proposing a particular position, is unable to defend said position and then goes running to a Mod.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Yes. As a moderator on another messageboard, I know how much easier it makes life if posts are reported. Just returning the favour.

Advertisement