Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boojum

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I just like all the sour cream. ALL THE SOUR CREAM.

The sweetcorn salsa is great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Sweetcorn and salsa roja for me kthxbai!

Also, I'm having troubling deciding if I prefer mexican or coriander and lime rice!

So we're basically all camped in there slobbing it into ourselves not talking to anybody else and we're all meeting up on the net to talk about it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

So we're basically all camped in there slobbing it into ourselves not talking to anybody else and we're all meeting up on the net to talk about it later.
    15662595-businessman-eating-while-using-a-laptop-computer.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Get a burrito bowl instead of a wrapped one. Ya get way more burrito-y goodness :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

dregin wrote: »
    Get a burrito bowl instead of a wrapped one. Ya get way more burrito-y goodness :D

Stupid question time! Is that everything that's in a burrito but just without the bread bit? Bread and me don't get on too well...

churchview wrote: »
    Stupid question time! Is that everything that's in a burrito but just without the bread bit? Bread and me don't get on too well...
    That's it exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Can these be reheated I wonder? I guess the lettuce wouldn't take too well to the microwave? It's just they can be too big sometimes. Be great to have half in the evening and finish it when I get home.

Can these be reheated I wonder? I guess the lettuce wouldn't take too well to the microwave? It's just they can be too big sometimes. Be great to have half in the evening and finish it when I get home.

1) There is no lettuce
    2) They wouldn't recommend it being reheated, but it *should* be grand.

churchview wrote: »

Exactly.

I've a few central and south american friends who get cravings for rice and beans and sometimes go to places like Pablo Picante and Boojum to get their fix. massive portions for the money and a good meal when you think of it. Rice, beans, meat, veggies and sauce. nomnomnomnom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

You've never encountered the Irish love for carvery then? Moar is moar.

Or student cooking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Seaneh wrote: »
    1) There is no lettuce
    2) They wouldn't recommend it being reheated, but it *should* be grand.

Eh, i had lettuce in mine last Friday!

Eh, i had lettuce in mine last Friday!

You sure?
    What did you have?

They have lettuce for their salads, but if you wanted it in a burrito you'd have to ask for it.

They usually offer me lettuce and guac in a veggie burrito to beef it up as much as possible.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    They usually offer me lettuce and guac in a veggie burrito to beef it up as much as possible.

They offer me beef in mine.
    Same reason.

Yeah they asked us if we wanted lettuce as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Seaneh wrote: »
    You sure?
    What did you have?

They have lettuce for their salads, but if you wanted it in a burrito you'd have to ask for it.

No it may have been fish! :confused:

I had a beef buritto, no rice, with beans, lettuce, peppers,onions, salsa verde, cheese and sour cream.

No it may have been fish! :confused:

I had a beef buritto, no rice, with beans, lettuce, peppers,onions, salsa verde, cheese and sour cream.

you freestyled it I see.

Fecking rebel.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,774 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Is there garlic in the food? Crazy though it sounds, Mr O'Bumble is intolerant of garlic ... tis amazing how much it gets in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Popped in after work yesterday evening to try it out and was well impressed. Went for the shredded beef burrito and it was damn tasty! Really good quality "clean" food.
    The staff are dead sound, go through the different options with you and let you taste the sauces and that first to see if you'll like it.

Casual set up, in and out within 15-20mins, great service and lovely upbeat staff. Will def be back to try out the rest of the menu.

We got 2 burritos and 2 drinks for €15 and were stuffed after it! Great value.

• Advertisement

Is there garlic in the food? Crazy though it sounds, Mr O'Bumble is intolerant of garlic ... tis amazing how much it gets in to.

Probably depends on the sauce. I guess it's in the Roja anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Probably depends on the sauce. I guess it's in the Roja anyway.

Don't forget the guacamole and sometimes refried beans have garlic salt or flavouring. The black beans would be a better bet, but I'd ask first.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,774 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

inisboffin wrote: »
    Don't forget the guacamole and sometimes refried beans have garlic salt or flavouring. The black beans would be a better bet, but I'd ask first.

Yeah, that's the challenge. Garlic salt seems to get into all sorts of places.

Even things like he's playing in a pub, and the man puts out a tray of chips and cocktail sausages ... often flavoured with you-know-what.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WreckinBar

From what the manager was saying to me on the opening day, they prepare everything fresh each morning. So they'd know exactly what goes into each!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Anyone wanna pick one up for me? I'll take a chicken burrito, savory Mexican rice, black beans, mild salsa and a drizzling of the roja. I'm in the harbour hotel but I'm sure they wont mind :P

Mrs o B, i really feel for your mr, garlic is such an integral ingredient in life it must be incredibly difficult to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rolox

I really cant wait to try Boojum... so tired of La Salsa at this point and through the feedback provided on this thread I'm sure that it will be fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Was there today and had a Fajita with shredded beef. About 8 euro with a drink.
    Not the best I ever had but definitely very nice and I'll go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Going tomorrow for father's day :D.

I think the guacamole and fresh salsa are big factors. I could eat warm tortilla chips and fresh salsa for days.

I could see grabbing a negro modelo and some chips and guac more often than grabbing a burrito.

Actually, anyone try one of their margaritas yet?

newkie wrote: »
    I could see grabbing a negro modelo and some chips and guac more often than grabbing a burrito.

Do they have the Negra? I haven't had it in bloody years!

And yeah, I can see myself and a few friends sitting in there with a big bowl chips with queso, guac and salsa and a few bottles of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale of a friday evening :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Along the same lines as Mrs OBumbles garlic question, is it possible to 'make your own'? I'm a total non-believer in the humble onion and therefore don't want it within a mile of my food. Possible?

Advertisement