Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS

Options
  • 11-06-2013 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

So Nintendo have released a trailer for a new Super Smash Bros. at last:

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY:

I'm having difficulty sitting still right now.

12/06/2013 - UPDATE:
    • Wii Fit Trainer Weighs In!

• Sakurai talks Smash Bros:

13/06/2013 - UPDATE:

Judging from the mix of Wii U and 3DS screenshots in the character profiles on SmashBros.com, it appears that Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are Wii U exclusive characters.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is Game & Watch in?

Is Tripping out?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Don't know yet and GOD I hope so.

There's just been the trailer so far, nothing about the mechanics or the roster beyond what's featured. The website should be live now, so they're probably going to be releasing daily updates like they did for Brawl.

EDIT:
    It's up: http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

That Megaman is so feckin' cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

GUYS!
    GUYS GUYS GUYS!!

DID YOU SEE WHO JUST GOT ANNOUNCED FOR THE NEW SMASH?!
    DID YOU!?!?!

CAN YOU REALLY BELIEVE IT??

IT'S ****ING WII FIT TRAINER!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

Nevflinn wrote: »
    GUYS!
    GUYS GUYS GUYS!!

DID YOU SEE WHO JUST GOT ANNOUNCED FOR THE NEW SMASH?!
    DID YOU!?!?!

CAN YOU REALLY BELIEVE IT??

IT'S ****ING WII FIT TRAINER!!!!!

I lol'd. I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Game of the year guaranteed

illust-modal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No sarcasm, I think she's actually an awesome choice. Completely unexpected character reveal and the gameplay shows she's a perfect fit for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Unless they go back to high skillcap and the almost perfect gameplay of melee, I'm not interested in Brawl 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

They'd be mad to keep tripping in the game and footstool jumps were kind of weird as well. I think its cool that they're looking to put more unusual characters in the game. I don't think anyone was expecting the wii fit trainer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I'm meh until decent gameplay mechanics are confirmed.

Not paying for another Brawl.

Since its being made by Namco bandai hopefully it will play better than brawl. It's not out for another year too, so we'll just have to wait and see.

New presentation from Sakurai with a good deal more info. He does a break down of Mega Man's moves at 03:49.

TOP SPIN GET!

It's said that Final Smashes are returning, and we get to see Wii Fit Trainer's, but no word on Mega Man's or Villager's yet.
    Sakurai, you cocktease.

That video has the interesting information that the 3DS and Wii U versions are going to have the same roster of characters, but the former will have levels based on portable titles, and the latter will be levels based on console titles.

That's a cool incentive to play both versions, but it's not cool enough to make me buy a Wii U, knowing I'm going to get the full game in a portable format on 3DS.

It'll be interesting to see how they divide other features between the two versions. Surely there'll be some benefit to owning both - that's been one of Nintendo's business models for years.

That video has the interesting information that the 3DS and Wii U versions are going to have the same roster of characters, but the former will have levels based on portable titles, and the latter will be levels based on console titles.

That's a cool incentive to play both versions, but it's not cool enough to make me buy a Wii U, knowing I'm going to get the full game in a portable format on 3DS.
    People have been pointing out that Nintendo says they will have the same number of characters. That leaves wiggle room for potentially both systems having different characters.

Also, more Trainer fanart please.

IDqRKZT.png

If they want people to get the ds version then they should have different characters. It wouldn't be enough to buy it just for different stages.

prenelf wrote: »
    If they want people to get the ds version then they should have different characters. It wouldn't be enough to buy it just for different stages.

I'm sure I'm not alone in owning the 3DS, and needing persuasion to buy the Wii U console & Smash version.

3DS has a two year head start and a great games library.

I'm sure I'm not alone in owning the 3DS, and needing persuasion to buy the Wii U console & Smash version.

3DS has a two year head start and a great games library.

I'm on the fence though. I would get a 3ds for this game, if the roster had some different characters.

Sairus wrote: »
    No sarcasm, I think she's actually an awesome choice. Completely unexpected character reveal and the gameplay shows she's a perfect fit for the game.

I completely agree without any hint of sarcasm.

Smash isn't about including the characters that fans expect, it's about really going out there, and getting people familiar with the more obscure characters in the Nintendo franchise.

Back when Smash 64 was released, I'm sure a lot of people were like "Captain Falcon? The face inside the F-Zero car? That's stupid! Give us a proper character!"

And then Captain Falcon went on to become on of the most beloved pop culture characters on the internet.

rh14NbU.gif

The series was also a lot of people's first introduction to the Earthbound and Fire Emblem series.
    Not knowing who Marth was didn't stop him from eventually my favourite character to play as in Melee.

I absolutely want more character reveals like the Trainer and the Villager.
    At least the Trainer's inclusion more or less deconfirms the inclusion of the Balance Board as a playable character.

That guy's an asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I only found out this week who Marth was lol. Just bought FE:A on 3DS!

Not knowing who Marth was didn't stop him from eventually my favourite character to play as in Melee.

Exactly, I really enjoyed playing as Roy even though I new nothing about the game he was from.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

HbwzFJy.png

prenelf wrote: »
    Exactly, I really enjoyed playing as Roy even though I new nothing about the game he was from.
    This is exactly the reason why Fire Emblem started being marketed outside of Japan. Even really obscure games like Custom Robo finally got exports just because their trophy appearances made gamers curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

My body was not ready for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

The Villager is going to be a Shining source of jokes for the community.

tumblr_mo942cAec31ql9d1ko1_400.gif

tumblr_mo9davd5Cl1s2fg26o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I only found out this week who Marth was lol. Just bought FE:A on 3DS!

Fairly obvious spoiler:
    That's not actually Marth.

oz92LIV.jpg

Os6x76m.png

People are loving axe murderer Villager.

I am going to make this topic my internet homepage

• Advertisement

I am going to make this topic my internet homepage

I'll add updates and reveals to the first post as they appear.

Advertisement