Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the strangest thing you've ever had to drink?

Options
  • 27-05-2013 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭

I was making coffee earlier (I'm so cultured) and I was thinking back to when I was Vietnam and I had "Weasel Coffee". It's like normal coffee only a Weasel "processes" the beans first.

My mate came across it and made me try it, naturally I wasn't keen on drinking boiled weasel sh!te but it came with plenty condensed milk and sugar so I obliged. It was actually quite nice :eek: Was like 4 times normal price so no way I was getting it again :pac:

So my fellow boardsies what's the strangest thing ye've ever had to drink?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I was making coffee earlier (I'm so cultured) and I was thinking back to when I was Vietnam and I had "Weasel Coffee". It's like normal coffee only a Weasel "processes" the beans first.

My mate came across it and made me try it, naturally I wasn't keen on drinking boiled weasel sh!te but it came with plenty condensed milk and sugar so I obliged. It was actually quite nice :eek: Was like 4 times normal price so no way I was getting it again :pac:

Couldn't believe it when she ordered it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Catphish

Liquid ayasss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

Wtf is coffee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Kava in Vanuatu, it tastes like petrol and then makes your tongue completely numb. It was not pleasant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Hare's blood.

Served after a course of grilled hare in a restaurant in Argentina. I think it was mixed with some manner of fruit juice (or else hare's blood tastes delicious by itself).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Pilotdude5 wrote: »
    Wtf is coffee?

Coffee is a brewed beverage with a distinct aroma and flavor, prepared from the roasted seeds of the Coffea plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I was pissed one night, and decided to make a cup of coffee.
    It tasted really bad, the reason became clear in the morning when I spotted the spoon in the jar of Bisto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Made fizzy milk in one of them sodastream things once. It was fckin vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Shot of rice wine with the blood of a snake. Was rank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Sachet of soup and a sachet of hot chocolate, In the pot then boiled..Absolutely fooking vile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

And it's kopi luwak that you drank. As a coffee lover I've been thinking about ordering some beans. Would love to try it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭circadian

I've drank and eaten some crazy stuff but for me.. Thai White Spirit.

I think turps would have been safer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Garlic Schnapps on a session in Duisburg. Lost a bet, had to drink three of them, awful stuff but my sweat stank of garlic for 2 days afterwards. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Codliver oil.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Drank Kava in Fiji, I didn't think it was too bad, makes your face go numb, but you aren't drunk or anything and it wears off quick enough.

Also drank a bottle of vodka from Chernobyl when i was about 16/17. My friends family had had a Chernobyl kid with them one summer and were told to throw any gifts they give you out. They didn't get rid of the vodka and i drank it at a house party one night.

Unfortunately I didn't gain any special powers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mary28

Fermented horse milk. Apparently Mongolians would drink a litre of the stuff before going out for the night. Supposed to be little or no hangover. 'twas manky anyway, tasted of sour milk not surprisingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Semen. Not to be recommended. Drink and eat more pineapple, lads. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Funnily enough I consumed plenty pineapples over there too....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

A friend of mine used to mix coke and milk. She thought it was delicious *vomit*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Ah Luwak coffee, was on a farm in Indonesia where they made it. Pick up their droppings, wash off the sh*t and roast the beans. Not a bad coffee but not worth the price they charge.

This would be one of the stranger drinks I've had.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

You drunk semen? That must have been a whole lot of semen :P. Apt username :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

rockstar bubbleburst energy drink is one example

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

jester77 wrote: »
    This would be one of the stranger drinks I've had.

I was never brave enough to try it myself what's it like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I spent my 30th birthday in a Hilton cocktail bar and had cocktails that you drink, then the glass is set on fire, blown out and you inhale the smoke. I think we drank our way through most of the cocktail menu. Bizarre stuff, can't remember many of the details of that night other than falling down the stairs on the way to the toilet and falling asleep/passing out in my bed with a lit ciggy in my hand.

Woke up before the ciggy did much damage to the bed and still have damage to my back from falling down the stairs. I'm sure I looked really classy falling down the stairs in a bar:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭AndyMc

Vodka with red aftershock. It not exactly wild it just not something you would really think of.

It tasted like cardboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Human blood ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Nothing more ming than picking up the wrong can in the early hours of a house party and find it's been used as a communal ashtray for fag and spliff ends soaking in the remnants of tepid, flat lager.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Merkin wrote: »
    Nothing more ming than picking up the wrong can in the early hours of a house party and find it's been used as a communal ashtray for fag and spliff ends soaking in the remnants of tepid, flat lager.....

I've also had yak butter tea in the Himalayas and it tasted rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

My piss

• Advertisement
Advertisement