Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 counties in 32 days...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

There are only 26 counties in Ireland so you're wasting nearly a week there.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Solo gig or band?
    Mostly covers? (i see you do your own stuff)
    Fee or paid in pints?

I may be able to help with gigs in Derry, Donegal and Tyrone.

PM me if you don't want to post in thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Craigavon isn't actually much of a town either, more of a council area. Lurgan or Portadown are the two towns there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

If you can to my county you can stay in my house and play for me if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Depending on when you do this, you can couch it at my place, I'll even film it for you. Would be interested in filming the whole thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Avoid Donegal altogether and Go to Derry City instead :P Donegal Town shur. Just avoid LK like the plague

Donegal Town is just a wannabee Westport, LK is fine.

Derry City would be unmissable given the city of culture thing.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

Solo gig or band?
    Mostly covers? (i see you do your own stuff)
    Fee or paid in pints?

I may be able to help with gigs in Derry, Donegal and Tyrone.

PM me if you don't want to post in thread.
    Mostly originals. I'm half doing it to promote myself, half doing it to see the country. I'm not arsed playing a bunch of songs I don't enjoy playing to please people who probably wont listen anyway.
    Ideally fee, but pints will do me if ye don't mind me selling EPs! Once I can cove the cost of petrol to get to the next town and a meal I'd be delighted.
    I'll send you a PM to get more details.
    Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    If you can to my county you can stay in my house and play for me if you like
    Where and when?
    Depending on when you do this, you can couch it at my place, I'll even film it for you. Would be interested in filming the whole thing!
    Filming me sleeping would be quite boring I fear. Haha, sounds like plan, would you send me a pm so I can keep track?

Keep this thread updated and you might get more offers of beds.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Keep this thread updated and you might get more offers of beds.

I plan to! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Like a lot of people I looked at the list and thought - jees there's a much nicer town in that county to go to. But I think thats the beauty of the list - take the road less travelled - go to the town where all the locals say to you "What de f**k are you doing here we all go to place 10 miles up the road".

That's a proper road trip - enjoy.

• Advertisement

wow sierra wrote: »
    Like a lot of people I looked at the list and thought - jees there's a much nicer town in that county to go to. But I think thats the beauty of the list - take the road less travelled - go to the town where all the locals say to you "What de f**k are you doing here we all go to place 10 miles up the road".

That's a proper road trip - enjoy.

Haha, I really had to guess most places, and I tried to separate the destinations out as much as possible. I'm totally happy with walking into a tiny pub where everyone turns around and goes "who the **** is this young buck?". I'm also hoping on coming out of it with a few cool stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Munster46

You've left out Limerick , are you scared to come here? :P

Munster46 wrote: »
    You've left out Limerick , are you scared to come here? :P

Adare is in Limerick :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Munster46

Fail , I never saw adare...

Haha, I just wanted to avoid big cities if I could. There's usually a warmer welcome in a smaller town.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

A small part of Drogheda is in Meath so make sure you play in the right side of town! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Title sounds like a Sinn Fein election slogan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

So you're doing an Irish and British tour, sounds good ! :P

..................(I hear the sound of keyboards in Dundalk and Crossmaglen)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I'll offer ye a place to crash in Navan! Serenading optional! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Quazzie wrote: »
    There are only 26 counties in Ireland so you're wasting nearly a week there.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'll come to your gig in Cork if you get one, no place to stay alas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

aido179 wrote: »
    Galway Westport Sligo Roscommon Carrick-On-Shannon Enniskillen Omagh Letterkenny Coleraine Belfast Downpatrick Caraigavon Monaghan Cavan Longford Athlone Tullamore Portlaoise Newbridge Navan Drogheda Dublin City Bray Carlow Wexford Kilkenny Clonmel Waterford Cork Tralee Adare Ennis

http://imgur.com/RAerN7t

Consider doing Boyle (Co. Roscommon) between Sligo and Carrick-on-Shannon dates, or do Roscommon between the Longford and Athlone dates. It'll save you a few bob on petrol.

I'll come to your gig in Cork if you get one, no place to stay alas.
    I'll send you a PM closer to the date to remind you!
    Red Kev wrote: »
    Consider doing Boyle (Co. Roscommon) between Sligo and Carrick-on-Shannon dates, or do Roscommon between the Longford and Athlone dates. It'll save you a few bob on petrol.
    solid advice. thanks
    Mince Pie wrote: »
    I'll offer ye a place to crash in Navan! Serenading optional! :)

I might be sending you a PM in the future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

definitely do Naas in Co. Kildare, you can do Blessington in Co. Wicklow just down the road.

also go for New Ross in Co. Wexford, less of a diversion off the Carlow, Kilkenny, Waterford route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

definitely do Naas in Co. Kildare, you can do Blessington in Co. Wicklow just down the road.
    Yes, definitly avoid Newbridge, Naas or Maynooth perhaps. I think they have some sort of festival for the Gathering coming up in the next few weeks that might be worth busking at?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ballyshannon for Leitrim ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Carrick on Shannon is Leitrim.

Letterkenny is in Donegal..

Thank you for all you're support and encouragement so far. But I think I may need some advice / help

To make this as awesome as possible, I need a high quality camera to document it. I've put ads up here and here and here, in hopes of swapping for a camera. Can you help me out?

Ah, c'mon sham! Did ye forget what county yer from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

aido179 wrote: »
    Thank you for all you're support and encouragement so far. But I think I may need some advice / help

To make this as awesome as possible, I need a high quality camera to document it. I've put ads up here and here and here, in hopes of swapping for a camera. Can you help me out?

I reckon you take Joe's offer to film the whole thing, this is how great documentaries are born.

Advertisement