Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Kinect accessories Dublin Center, where to get?

Options
  • 09-02-2013 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

As I said, your gripe in this instance is with your ISP. You can't complain about a company because the other company that is supposed to be supplying a reliable service for ample remuneration isn't working. That'd be like complaining to MS if you couldn't avail of your Gold membership benefits because your ISP had problems. You'd have a point if you couldn't connect over Christmas because the XBL servers are down, but that never happens because they have a vested interest in fixing any issues on their end as quickly as possible.

I'm not complaining about any of them, I'm simply saying when there's a service interruption - regardless of who caused it - it means playing your games, even offline, isn't possible until the service is restored. Quite amazing to think and see there's people out there who would justify such nonsense.

Its a ridiculous system & given how flakey SEN can be I wouldn't envy PS4 owners if Sony implement something similar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'm not complaining about any of them, I'm simply saying when there's a service interruption - regardless of who caused it - it means playing your games, even offline, isn't possible until the service is restored. Quite amazing to think and see there's people out there who would justify such nonsense.

Its a ridiculous system & given how flakey SEN can be I wouldn't envy PS4 owners if Sony implement something similar.

You're missing my point. I'm not trying to justify anything. My point is that this already happens. I could not use my gold functionality to play BF3 online, which is what that game is made for, for the whole of Christmas due to a service interruption on the ISP's end. Online gaming is where the biggest games make their money. Nobody buys COD, BF3, FIFA to exclusively play offline.

You are already buying games for a specific purpose that you can't use due to service interruption. Sure you could play the 6 hour campaign, but that's not why you bought the game. In fact, I still haven't played the BF3 campaign, 1.5 years down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Got a Kinect as a gift. Doesn't work that well.

Was thinking of getting a stand to position it above the TV or maybe even on the wall behind the TV that would give me an extra foot distance.

Was contemplating getting one of those 'zoom' things you can put over it too.

My play distance is only about 2 meters away from the t.v.

Could be closer to 3 meters if I mounted the kinect on the wall and moved the sofa away. (don't fancy having to move the sofa everytime because it would be a pain to do and would make me not want to play the Kinect)

Any ideas where to get some of these accessories in Dublin City center now the HMV stores have closed down?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Skiddies

That's the bad thing about Kinect, you need a huge room to use it properly. You could try asking in Gamestop for what you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Doesn't work that well.

That sums Kinect up pretty well, even in optimal conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I think Smyths sell them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Gamestop.ie have them for about €24.
    http://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20360/Games/11603

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

COYVB wrote: »
    That sums Kinect up pretty well, even in optimal conditions

i think you are wrong here

i find that it works well if you have the open space for it.
    and the voice controls work almost flawlessly.

Advertisement