Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Knowledge Quiz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭wesleysniper38

Judas of Galilee ?

What Judas Priest single was alleged to recant chants from the devil when played backwards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Judas of Galilee ?

What Judas Priest single was alleged to recant chants from the devil when played backwards ?

Don't know about chants from the devil but "Better By You, Better Than Me" was alleged to have encouraged two boys to commit suicide. It was of course a load of stcejbo lacirehps.

(If I'm right) Who collaborated with Rob Halford on the excellent album 2wo?

Don't know about chants from the devil but "Better By You, Better Than Me" was alleged to have encouraged two boys to commit suicide. It was of course a load of stcejbo lacirehps.

(If I'm right) Who collaborated with Rob Halford on the excellent album 2wo?

You're right about that. I wouldn't dare try playing it backwards! I thought 2wo was the band and Voyeurs was the album..?

In any event, I've no idea :(

You're right about that. I wouldn't dare try playing it backwards! I thought 2wo was the band and Voyeurs was the album..?

In any event, I've no idea :(

Whoops my mistake, Voyeurs is the album. I wasn't asking for the names of the entire band. Any one of 'em will do.

Whoops my mistake, Voyeurs is the album. I wasn't asking for the names of the entire band. Any one of 'em will do.

John Lowery?

Who did Michael Lowery succeed as minister for communications in 1994?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

That exceptional politician who graced so many roles so well over the years, Brian Cowen.

What was the name of the perennial winner of the fattest pig contest in the books written by P.G. Wodehouse.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

That exceptional politician who graced so many roles so well over the years, Brian Cowen.

What was the name of the perennial winner of the fattest pig contest in the books written by P.G. Wodehouse.

The Empress.

Which Orwell book featured Napoleon the pig?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Animal Farm.

What was George Orwell's real name?

Animal Farm.

What was George Orwell's real name?

Eric Blair.

Who was the main character in 1984?

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Eric Blair.

Who was the main character in 1984?

Big Brother.

In what fictional State was 1984 set?

• Advertisement

Big Brother.

In what fictional State was 1984 set?

Nope. Try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Winston Smith

When did British politician Winston Churchill die?

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Winston Smith

When did British politician Winston Churchill die?

What is the familial connection between Winston Churchill and Diana Spenser?

What is the familial connection between Winston Churchill and Diana Spenser?

Thats an interesting one... Its from a distant connection with a man called Charles Spencer the 3rd Earl of Sutherland. I think Churchill was descended from his 2nd son and Diana was descended from the last living son.

Better again.. what two former (modern day) US Presidents were also believed to be descendants of same Earl ?

Thats an interesting one... Its from a distant connection with a man called Charles Spencer the 3rd Earl of Sutherland. I think Churchill was descended from his 2nd son and Diana was descended from the last living son.

Better again.. what two former (modern day) US Presidents were also believed to be descendants of same Earl ?

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that President George Bush was related to the Spencer family so I'm going to go for him and George W Bush
    Will post question if correct, if not will just keep naming presidents :D

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that President George Bush was related to the Spencer family so I'm going to go for him and George W Bush
    Will post question if correct, if not will just keep naming presidents :D

Quite right, also allegedly descended from this linkage were: Franklin D Roosevelt, George Washington, Charles Darwin and John Wayne!

Quite right, also allegedly descended from this linkage were: Franklin D Roosevelt, George Washington, Charles Darwin and John Wayne!

"Get offa your horse and drink your mead" :p

A California schoolgirl recently "proved" that all American presidents bar one were descended from King John (he of Magna Carta).
    Which nineteenth century president was the odd one out?

Van Buren (cant remember his first name)..... because he had Dutch roots, not British.

The same King John was also alleged to be the nemesis/villian to which fictional hero ?

Van Buren (cant remember his first name)..... because he had Dutch roots, not British.

The same King John was also alleged to be the nemesis/villian to which fictional hero ?

Robin Hood.

Who did John's father, Henry II, make Lord of Ireland?

Well done. Robin Hood

Who sculpted the statue of Robin Hood in Nottingham?

• Advertisement

Robin Hood.

Who did John's father, Henry II, make Lord of Ireland?

He made the aforementioned John the Lord at 10 years old... but I dont believe the title was ever officially taken up..?

He made the aforementioned John the Lord at 10 years old... but I dont believe the title was ever officially taken up..?

Correct. John was never 'crowned' which was Henry's intention, but he was Lord.

Question?

The remains of Richard III were discovered in a Leicester car park after lying there undiscovered for over 500 years.
    In what battle did he meet his end and who replaced him as King of England ?

The remains of Richard III were discovered in a Leicester car park after lying there undiscovered for over 500 years.
    In what battle did he meet his end and who replaced him as King of England ?

Bosworth Field/Henry (VII)Tudor.

Name the 6 wives of Henry VIII in chronological order.

Catherine of Aragon
    Ann Boleyn
    Jane Seymour
    Anne of Cleeves
    Catherine Howard
    Catherine Parr.. Is that correct chronologically?

Which of Henry VIII wives did he find unattractive and never consummated the marriage.. (yet she outlived the rest of his wives)?

Which of Henry VIII wives did he find unattractive and never consummated the marriage.. (yet she outlived the rest of his wives)?

The Flanders Mare- Anne of Cleves.

Which of Henry's wives married 4 times?

His last wife Katherine Parr Henry was her third husband and when he died she married Thomas Seymour.

Who was Henry's older brother who was the 1st in line for King ?

His last wife Katherine Parr Henry was her third husband and when he died she married Thomas Seymour.

Who was Henry's older brother who was the 1st in line for King ?

Arthur.

Name the parent's of Katherine of Aragon.

• Advertisement

Arthur.

Name the parent's of Katherine of Aragon.

Ferdinand & Isabella (I was so tempted to say Mr & Mrs Aragon)

Who coined the name "Utopia" to describe an ideal state?

Advertisement