Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Following [Fox - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Liked it too... plenty of clichés but some nice twists, plus James Purefoy was great.

Will definitely keep watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

alcatraz, terra nova, the chicago code......nuff said.

I still havent forgiven Fox for cancelling Firefly

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Let it go, Liz. Let.... it..... go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I was surprised to see Valerie Curry and Kevin Bacon cast in this, would have thought that was a recipe for disaster!

Ridiculous concept, but Purefoy and Bacon are both entertaining to watch. The ending scenes were good.
    It was a well paced episode as well, the flashbacks were snappy, didn't interrupt play much.

Hopefully it doesn't get bogged down in a "Follower of the Week" format. Otherwise, Purefoy is just a more dangerous variation of Rick Castle or Neal Caffrey etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Seemed a lot like Law abiding citizen to me ,still enjoyed it though. Will definitely keep watching .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Well that's one hour of my life I'm never getting back..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

WealthyB wrote: »
    Well that's one hour of my life I'm never getting back..

As indeed is the hour you spent previous to that post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Basq wrote: »
    Decent ratings for the opener (3.1/7 in the much coveted 18-49 group, or 10.38M viewers).

Got adjusted up to a 3.2, second highest rated new show behind Revolution. But premieres usually premiere big and drop week to week. Lets see the numbers for episode 3-5 first before calling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Lets see the numbers for episode 3-5 first before calling it.

Alternatively we could watch and enjoy (or not) the show and if it gets cancelled, so be it, instead of worrying about whether enough Americans in some poxy demographic are watching it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

hmm serial killer films or tv, the serial killer is always leaving clues that only his pursuer will get.

i dunno if the makes them actually more plausible then shows where a clue leaps from nowhere, or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked it. Wasn't the greatest, but I'll keep watching.

Was surprised when Maggie Grace's fate was shown since her name was just before James Purefoy in the opening credits. Unless she pops up in flashbacks/Bacon's version of Harry. Please say nothing if you know.

What was said over the end credits? I watched on Sky and the Sky voiceover came on over the end credits and when she shut up, there was a voice whispering something like "You can stop the killer but you can't stop the killing" Wondering if that was from the credits or from the promo vid that was playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Liked it, will definately keep watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Seemed a lot like Law abiding citizen to me ,still enjoyed it though. Will definitely keep watching .

THATS the movie i was thinking of....

I liked it, but
    when he went off to the old Lighthouse B and B to search for the killer by himself i was thinking "ah come on now, you never never go into the old scary building at night by yourself with no gun, thats a RULE"

It is all a bit implausible but thats part of the fun, plus its good to see that Kevin Bacon still keeps a bit of his swagger...

I also agree with a previous about it turning into a "Killer of the week" show

• Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

giftgrub wrote: »
    THATS the movie i was thinking of....

I liked it, but
    when he went off to the old Lighthouse B and B to search for the killer by himself i was thinking "ah come on now, you never never go into the old scary building at night by yourself with no gun, thats a RULE"

With regards your spoiler, I don't think he survived the original Friday the 13th long enough to learn that rule. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Thought it was decent enough, ludicrous of course, a few jumpy bits, and tense enough.

Going to keep watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Was ok. Lots of over acting though. That female FBI agent was awful. Will give it a shot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,345 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Was ok. Lots of over acting though. That female FBI agent was awful. Will give it a shot though.

she was in Alcatraz before it got cancelled, nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Have to say thought that was bloody awful, every FBI agent was annoying as hell, bacon was over acting and the premise was just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭squonk

I have a soft spot for Kevin Bacon so I watched the pilot on that basis. It's not too bad. Definitely worth sticking with for another few episodes. I'm getting the same feeling about this show as I did with a Christian Slater show called the Forgotten from a few years back. I just feel that the show mightn't be long for this world. I think the Forgotten lasted a season and they wrapped quickly over the last two episodes. Let's see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Caught this on Atlantic last night. Was fairly ok, not as bad as some earlier here made it out to be.
    Way over acting by some, but overall it was a slasher horror movie with a twist. Serial killer with "followers" ...i liked it, and will keep watching. Great shock ending to 1st episode that I never saw coming anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Enjoyable. Certainly plenty of drama in the first episode. Looking forward to next one.....wondering how much Homeland with their every-week-dramatic-endings have influenced the new crop of TV series?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Enjoyable. Certainly plenty of drama in the first episode. Looking forward to next one.....wondering how much Homeland with their every-week-dramatic-endings have influenced the new crop of TV series?

You seem to have been watching a very different Homeland to everyone else.

24 would be a far more sensible anchor point to compare this show to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If kevin bacon was black and playing a character named Alex Cross I might have enjoyed this a bit more, really reminded me of some of those books and some others, it really felt like some generic crime thriller you picked up in duty free going on holidays. Enough to it to keep me watching though :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I must say I enjoyed this very much. I think Kevin bacon is a handy actor , and I liked the early Alex cross books.
    I am wondering though if this is a good idea for a miniseries / single season and then to leave it there like park avenue ( which didnt have a choice ) and American horror story ( which has the sense to change direction Each season)
    I reckon this will be a good show for the first half of the season but by midway will take a turn as the writers try and develop an angle for a second season.

Some shows have one very strong season in them. Not all shows have the sense to realise it though.

Tldr : park avenue all over again.good concept but will be dragged on for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

James Purefoy is the only thing really keeping me interested, Kevin Bacon was fine but his charachter seems fairly run of the mill. Most of the secondary charachters were annoying as hell and I can see it being full of ridiculous plot holes. I did enjoy the various flashbacks and I thought the last 5/10 minutes were really good. Also
    any show in which maggy grace get moirdered can''t be all bad

• Registered Users Posts: 55,028 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I watched the first episode. Bit cheesy and far fetched, but it did keep me watching and has held my interest. I shall watch on!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Decent second episode..

.. although some of the music choices is fuggin' awful.

The angsty rock tune when Emma killed her mother was bloody atrocious!

Still, definitely keeping me interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Johnny31

Looks good.. Enjoyed the first episode, good concept

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Apparently it's very easy to be a serial killer because everyone just stands around waiting to get killed. Utterly moronic.

In what world could someone set someone else on fire in full view of everyone and just saunter off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,004 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

mrkite77 wrote: »
    Apparently it's very easy to be a serial killer because everyone just stands around waiting to get killed. Utterly moronic.

In what world could someone set someone else on fire in full view of everyone and just saunter off?

In the real world, most people would probably applaud and look around for the hidden camera thinking it was a stunt.

Advertisement