Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Here's my daily exercise regime

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

maximoose wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this?

MV5BMTU0NDMyNjQ0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTU3NjQ3MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR16,0,214,317_.jpg

Flicking through Netflix lastnight and came across it, sounds like it could be positively awful :pac:

That looks terrible. And in a properly terrible way. Just the intense look on the guys face on the cover tells me it'll be awful. It says that this movie is crap and I need to take a crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Here's my daily exercise regime

Hahaha that's brilliant!! gotta love the Muppets :p

Keeps me trim and gorgeous :D

:pac::pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Has anyone seen this?

I watched it a few years ago. Absolutely horrendous wouldn't come close to how sh*te it is :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Mornin' all. Just about to head to work, so I'll catch back up later.

Re: the fitness thing, @ Lyn - fair play. You've lost a whole person in weight, can't have been easy. It might not feel it sometimes, but it'll be worth it.

I still can't do as much as I'd like to but I have a genuine excuse. :D Having said that, I did just over an hour yesterday, just to do a bit. :cool:

And my tattooist was onto me yesterday. February 2nd is a definite, gonna get the Alien tatt finally finished and discuss the next design and book a date. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

jenizzle wrote: »
    I'm defo aiming to do a 10k race this year. At the moment, I can just about do 5k (maybe with the odd stop or two), it takes me an age, but I know I will do it if I just get the finger out and put some more effort in. This time last year I couldn't even run 50 metres, and I'm not even joking.

I was in the same boat when I started training for hell and back about 50 metres I was out of breath im now up to running 10k (ok I need to stop about three time for short breaksof 15 to 20 seconds) but im still managing to run the 10k in an 1 hour 1 minute never would have believed 8 weeks ago shows what ya can do when you really put your mind to things.

After Hell and Back this week which I know is still going to be hard as fook and the weather wont help one bit :( im planning on doing the one again in June then hopefully leading up to at least the half marathon if all goes to plan :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Waiting for the swelling and redness to calm down on my half sleeve. Had the first session two days ago. Does anyone else bruise like a bitch when getting quite a lot done at once? Had colour and all done in the first session. My first colour tattoo aswell! Tough going.

In other news, hello! I'm an awful lurker. I need to start joining in conversations a bit more, so I thought why not jump in here for a chat! :)

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Waiting for the swelling and redness to calm down on my half sleeve. Had the first session two days ago. Does anyone else bruise like a bitch when getting quite a lot done at once? Had colour and all done in the first session. My first colour tattoo aswell! Tough going.

In other news, hello! I'm an awful lurker. I need to start joining in conversations a bit more, so I thought why not jump in here for a chat! :)

Yeh bruising can be normal on my arms I've never really bruised to much, on my last one on my chest hasnt really brusied at all, but on my ribs for some reason they were red raw then bruised for a good few days after each sitting. You happy with how its looking?

And welcome :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Hi Ankhyu! :D

Don't worry about bruising, both my forearms bruised a LOT when I was inked on them, whereas my calves didn't bruise at all. :)

Breakfast! Om nom nom nom nom nom

• Advertisement

Hmm. Place called Pins n Needles in Phibsboro are looking for a piercing apprentice and doing walk-in interviews all day. If piercings didn't freak me out, I'd go for it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

That's just down the road from me. I know you can't judge the quality of a shop and it's artists by the outside, but it just looks......dingy

That's just down the road from me. I know you can't judge the quality of a shop and it's artists by the outside, but it just looks......dingy

They have another shop in town, and I got a tattoo there and they did a decent job, although I do need a touch up. Their work in the shop in town is honestly quite good, no fúck ups in anything they do, and their piercings there are decent too from what I've heard.

The artists in the shop in town said themselves that the one in Phibsboro is old and dingy. They basically said the building is a kip, and they want everyone to go into town 'cause they won't let that happen to the one in town. :pac:

I was being nice with dingy, kip is more accurate yeah :pac:

Seems to have a lot of undesirables lurking around it any time I'm passing

Where is their other place in town?

On Talbot Street. It's very small, but spotlessly clean, modern, absolutely loads of flash work and tatt mags around to have a look at, and while I would NOT recommend them for very intricate pieces (they seem to focus mainly on simple enough designs), they're pretty decent for smaller designs, IMO. The only issue I had was that I need a small touch up on the tattoo they did for me, but other than that, nothing was wrong and the staff were lovely.

A few friends got piercings done there and all came out very well.

I think it's where Snakebite used to be, IIRC, before they moved to Abbey Street.

Yeh bruising can be normal on my arms I've never really bruised to much, on my last one on my chest hasnt really brusied at all, but on my ribs for some reason they were red raw then bruised for a good few days after each sitting. You happy with how its looking?

And welcome :D.

Yeah delighted with it so far, can't wait to show it off :)

And thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Yeah delighted with it so far, can't wait to show it off :)

And thank you!

Slap up a pic into the "Show you mine" thread once the bruising has gone down, if you like! :)

Slap up a pic into the "Show you mine" thread once the bruising has gone down, if you like! :)

Oh that's the plan :D Have two of my others up there already

Speaking of which Damo still waiting to see what you got added to your Zelda piece at the convention ;).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Has anyone seen this?

MV5BMTU0NDMyNjQ0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTU3NjQ3MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR16,0,214,317_.jpg

Flicking through Netflix lastnight and came across it, sounds like it could be positively awful :pac:

Its not a bad watch to be honest.If youre like me into any type of horror movies you`ll find it alright!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Here anywhere in Phibsboro has undesireables hanging around it at any time.

Im even nervous walking down there at lunchtime taking my phone out to make a call.

Hellrazer wrote: »

Im even nervous walking down there at lunchtime taking my phone out to make a call.

I got my phone stolen out of my hands a few months ago walking through town. Now I go into a shop if I need to call or text someone, or change a song I don't wanna listen to at that moment. It's fookin' annoying but necessary now :mad:

jenizzle wrote: »
    I got my phone stolen out of my hands a few months ago walking through town. Now I go into a shop if I need to call or text someone, or change a song I don't wanna listen to at that moment. It's fookin' annoying but necessary now :mad:

I got mugged at needle point on my way to work a little over a year ago in town. Still doesn't bother me, tbh. My phone's a heap of shíte 'cause I never use expensive phones as I'm clumsy and drop them, so nobody wants my phone. :pac: I won't take my mp3 or purse out in public, though.

Ive had a few attempted muggings all a good few years ago now, some with weapons some not but Ive never given them anything.

Its not that im a savage fighter and well able to look after myself, or that intimidating looking im just too damn stubborn to give some toe rag something I worked hard to pay for.

Ive had a few attempted muggings all a good few years ago now, some with weapons some not but Ive never given them anything.

Its not that im a savage fighter and well able to look after myself, or that intimidating looking im just too damn stubborn to give some toe rag something I worked hard to pay for.

I remember you telling me that and I was in shock that you wouldn't hand over something if they had a weapon. :pac: I've been mugged a few times in my life. Three times that I can remember. One, I was 14 and it was at knife-point. I kicked him in the nuts and ran. One, I was 16 and I was properly cornered at knife point, I handed him my entire handbag and he let me go. Joke was on him, my money and phone were in my jean pockets, my bag only had perfume and make up in it. :pac: Third time was at needle point, I emptied my purse into his hands. There was feck all money in it though. I was lucky, because 2 minutes previously, I was considering going to the bank link and taking out several hundred because I was going away for the weekend straight after work,but had decided against taking it out til my lunch break. :pac:

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I got mugged at needle point on my way to work a little over a year ago in town. Still doesn't bother me, tbh. My phone's a heap of shíte 'cause I never use expensive phones as I'm clumsy and drop them, so nobody wants my phone. :pac: I won't take my mp3 or purse out in public, though.

Tbh, I was more annoyed as even though the phone at the time was a smartphone (a strange Nokia on a linux-based operating system), it was unsellable to the average punter as it was nigh-on impossible for them to use so he probably dumped it not long after thieving it. I was mid-text at the time (so it was unlocked, all content would've been accessible :( ), didn't even cop yer man, and he was in full sprint before he got to me. I'm thankful that he didn't corner me, and it wasn't too physically invasive. Dunno what I'd do if there was a needle or knife involved.

Hellrazer wrote: »

Haha it's not that bad! There's a few junkie beggars alright but I've never seen them bother anyone

Just noticed tonight Pins N Needles are moving across the road to a not so dingy looking building.

I threatened someone at needle point tonight.

Knitting that is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I've lost the charger for my video camera along with the disk containing the video editting software. Bleh. I wanted to do some cookery blogs. :( Might see if the Camera Cabin sells replacements...
    In other news, Weird Al Yankovic is an awesome rapper. *They see me rollin'... they laughin'... and rollin' their eyes because I'm too white an' nerdy!"

• Advertisement

Weird Al is a musical genius!

I got dressed for my workout earlier but then got sad and didn't do it so have been a ninja turtle all day.

Getting spoiled now with coconut hot chocolate. The house smells delicious :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement