Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG P936 Optimus True HD LTE black sim free - €250.99

Options
  • 08-01-2013 12:05am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Bild0-328487A410-113_600.JPG
    Buy here - €259 + €11.99 P&P [Was €599]

Amazon.co.uk price €498
    Without SIM-Lock, Without Branding, Android 2.3
    1,5 GHz Prozessor, 1,92 GB Speicher, erw. um 32 GB (microSD)
    11,4 cm (4,5 Zoll) True HD IPS Display, 720 x 1280 Pixel
    8,0 Megapixel Kamera, 1,0 Megapixel Frontkamera, Fotolicht
    WLAN 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR, UMTS, LTE, DLNA
    Gsmarena specs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,967 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Some price difference but I never heard of cyberport. Are they reliable?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Headshot wrote: »
    Some price difference but I never heard of cyberport. Are they reliable?

Yes, you may not have heard because they aren't usually the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I have no idea of the company, but WITHOUT BRANDING? why am I thinking cheap china knock off ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

sunny2004 wrote: »
    I have no idea of the company, but WITHOUT BRANDING? why am I thinking cheap china knock off ?

It means no operator branding, example o2, vodafone etc. Some phones can come unlocked, but are network versions with branding and software on them. Some places will try sell them as sim free when they really aren't. Thats all that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Still on Gingerbread? HD screen with just a 1800 battery...not sure if its a good deal even at the cheaper price. A Jiayu G2S can be got for just over 150, better deal imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Davy wrote: »
    It means no operator branding, example o2, vodafone etc. Some phones can come unlocked, but are network versions with branding and software on them. Some places will try sell them as sim free when they really aren't. Thats all that means.

Cheers for clearing that up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

I would be more concerned/interested in what appears to be one of those Korean super-phones we never hear about. Looked it up and can't help but be impressed. What's most appealing is the insanely reasonable price! :D

http://www.cyberport.de/smartphone-und-foto/smartphones/A405-004/mobistel-cynus-t2-dual-sim-weiss.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

This looks like the phone the Google Nexus 4 is based on. Same screen and basic phone design and shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

What's the story with these copies regarding updates, rooting, etc.?
    Thanks Davy for sharing mate.

I don't want to drag the thread off topic, but regarding the chinese phones, I bought the Jiayu G3 from Mixeshop before Christmas. For the price, its an amazing phone and the screen is unbelievable. Its huge tho. I will probably go for the G2S next. These phones can be bought for well under 200 and there is no phone on the 'usual' markets that can touch them in regards to spec. Usually come with Dual sim too which is a bonus.

Again, apologies for dragging thread off topic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

bidiots wrote: »
    I don't want to drag the thread off topic, but regarding the chinese phones, I bought the Jiayu G3 from Mixeshop before Christmas. For the price, its an amazing phone and the screen is unbelievable. Its huge tho. I will probably go for the G2S next. These phones can be bought for well under 200 and there is no phone on the 'usual' markets that can touch them in regards to spec. Usually come with Dual sim too which is a bonus.

Again, apologies for dragging thread off topic

Any hassle with customs buying from mixeshop?

Em, its really and mp3 player and not a phone anyway, if you know what I mean...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Em, its really and mp3 player and not a phone anyway, if you know what I mean...
    Er, no?
    Price is €239 now. Pity it's just a bit too big for me. Still in the market for 4 inch screens myself.

EDIT: At gsmarena they are saying ICS has been pushed to this phone on Germany and Portugal, so that's the OS part sorted anyway.

Still on Gingerbread? HD screen with just a 1800 battery...not sure if its a good deal even at the cheaper price. A Jiayu G2S can be got for just over 150, better deal imo
    The Jiayu forums say there's a heap of trouble with the first batches of the G2S (well, from what I can make out of Google Translate anyway), so best to hold off for now. I does look like a peach of a phone though if the QC gets ironed out.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    The Jiayu forums say there's a heap of trouble with the first batches of the G2S (well, from what I can make out of Google Translate anyway), so best to hold off for now. I does look like a peach of a phone though if the QC gets ironed out.

The early batch of the G3's had similar issues but the one I bought was bang on. Should be a class phone for the money in fairness. Have you a link to the forum in question?

The early batch of the G3's had similar issues but the one I bought was bang on. Should be a class phone for the money in fairness. Have you a link to the forum in question?
    From what I read the G2 was very high quality, so for the price the G2S should be good.
    http://bbs.ejiayu.com/forum-47-1.html
    "about the first batch G2S phone jump screen solutions" is the topic where people are saying there's a problem.

Advertisement