Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wishlist?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Revival of Zombie wishlist thread. I'm allowed, unless Bedlam bans my ass. :D

Well I wished for one of these two years ago;
    Wibbs wrote: »
    The later (1960/70's)issued incarnation of same;
    rx2409.jpg
    Heuer chrono before Tag took over. V nice watch and movement. Rated to to pull 15+g and still keep time.
    And got it just before xmas. Minus the red 3 H and its not a later Sinn redial like that example. Very good price too. :) Even at the current going rate(1500 to 2k, unless you get lucky ;)) they're a crazily undervalued vintage military chrono.

So have any of ye picked up one on your wishlist since?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

two on my wishlist at the moment, both seikos
    - a September 1978 6309
    - a 007

Thankfully neither are crazy expensive

Fuller list of other stuff i'd love to find one evening when i arrived home

Omega Speedmaster Day Date Watch - 3520.50.00
    Montblanc TIMEWALKER CHRONOGRAPH AUTOMATIC
    Stowa Flieger Automatik date
    SINN Model 6000
    SINN Model 144 GMT Ti
    Omega Speedmaster Co-Axial Chronometer
    H3 Traser Classic Automatic Watch
    The MIH Watch
    Praesto Modern Fliegeruhr
    Seiko Diver's 200m - SRP043
    hamilton Khaki Pilot

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

And got it just before xmas. Minus the red 3 H and its not a later Sinn redial like that example. Very good price too. :) Even at the current going rate(1500 to 2k, unless you get lucky ;)) they're a crazily undervalued vintage military chrono.

So have any of ye picked up one on your wishlist since?

Congratulations that's a really nice watch.

I managed to get the Breitling Super Avenger Blacksteel off my wishlist. I know 3000 pieces is not very limited edition and the Blacksteel is a bit overdone by Breitling at this stage but I love it and it's my favourite watch out of the entire Breitling line up.

DSC00021.jpg?t=1297002534

It's a big watch.

DSC00049.jpg?t=1297002664

My new camera can actually take lume shots!

DSC00129.jpg?t=1297002674

I'll post an updated wishlist tomorrow, definitely adding an IWC Big Pilot and IWC Portuguese to the wishlist after trying them on and seeing them in the metal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nice. And I usually dislike Breitling's with a vengance. :o:D it doesnt look like one though. I love the white against black with red highlights. That's a nice looking timepiece MS. Well may you wear.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

This has recently made my wishlist
    2014-T4004---1.jpg

traser Classic Automatic Pro T4004

...only to find out that production stopped about two years ago ....

• Advertisement

I'll be saving for a bit of a long time and looking for one for even longer but I'd love this;
    146855.jpg
    Blancpain aircommand. Orgasm time for me. :)

But more practically;
    146856.jpg
    Lip compressor diver Nautic. Late 60's. First electronic divers watch, made famous by Jacques Cousteau. The same case on a vintage Blancpain or IWC and you're into 5 figures. And for the other watches that oul Cousteau used? At least 4 figures. For the Lip? Probably 300 bucks, maybe 600 for a really good one. My humble tip for a bargain, a hidden classic sure to go up in value? There ya go folks :)

Thanks Wibbs

That ikepod is really nice, price is a little steep though!

Realistic (ever changing) wishlist:
    Breitling Super Avenger Blacksteel:D
    Tried on both these IWC's at the weekend and they are fantastic.
    IWC Big Pilot
    1192.jpg
    IWC Portuguese with rose gold numerals
    iwc-portuguese-automatic-7-days-chronograph-power-reserve-iw500114-watch.jpg

Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 17 rs2
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean
    Rolex Daytona Stainless Steel Black Face
    Seamaster Aqua Terra Co-Axial GMT Chronograph
    omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-co-axial-gmt-chronograph-watch1.jpg

Win the lotto type wishlist:
    Greubel Forsey Quadruple Tourbillon
    GreubelForsey-Quadruple-Tourbillon.jpg

Seiko Credor Spring Drive Sonnerie
    329617d1287190063-orient-mystery-bags-seiko_credor_spring_drive_sonnerie_watches-jpg

IWC Portuguese Moonphase
    nEO_IMG_iwc_portuguese_automatic_perpetual_calendar_5023_2.jpg

Conchord C1
    Lange 31

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

But more practically;
    146856.jpg
    Lip compressor diver Nautic. Late 60's. First electronic divers watch, made famous by Jacques Cousteau. The same case on a vintage Blancpain or IWC and you're into 5 figures. And for the other watches that oul Cousteau used? At least 4 figures. For the Lip? Probably 300 bucks, maybe 600 for a really good one. My humble tip for a bargain, a hidden classic sure to go up in value? There ya go folks :)

There's also a Stowa version of this; I saw one recently belonging to a member of TZ-UK. Absolutely lovely.
    http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=153218&p=1570939&hilit=stowa#p1570939

• Advertisement

Nice. I gather they're all the same movements and are rebadged Lips. There's a Bulova electric too I think. I'd love the Longines with the super compressor case. About the only auto wind I'd contemplate*, but I'd need to get real lucky.

*I dont like em as a general rule. I can usually feel the rotor moving. Bit freaky to me. Yes I am a weirdo. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Sorry for dragging up this old thread but I felt this was worth it. My new grail. I have a terrible goo on me for Heuer's (pre Tag) at the moment but this one from todays collection is stunning IMO :)

http://www.tagheuer.com/int-en/home#/int-en-luxury-watches-slr-300-slr-calibre-1887-limited-edition-automatic-chronograph-41-mm-leather-bracelet-car2112-fc6267

B779F09A21D1463AAC623C74509F1BC4-0000345144-0003082629-00775L-8980B9C5F38E4E238FE11390FC968FB9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

These are a few really tickling my fancy at the moment.. none are too pricey though.

Nomos Orion. Really want a Glashutte made watch.
    or_or_01.jpg

Another German, the Sinn 356 UTC.
    356-utc-strap-1.jpg

Both within reach at the moment I suppose, but I don't want to blow the savings at the minute.

In terms of aspirational stuff, a vintage 'feet-first' Rolex Sub 5513 would really do it for me.

Rolex_5513_1_small.jpg

Of course, this is all subject to change any minute! A vintage Sub will always be in the back of my mind though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

I have a couple in mind but can't really justify them - Omega Speedy Moonwatch is one (this one I could just about explain to myself as ticking a box I don't have at the moment) and Omega Planet Ocean is the other (absolutely can't justify or rather would have to seel my Seiko MM300, which I will not do).

Also find it difficult not to be thinking about a decent used Rolex 14060M...again...couldn't justify it.

My final thought is to liquidate everything bar an Omega AT 2500 and Grand Seiko quartz for a JLC Reverso...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭Darwin

In the realm of affordable watches, I would like another chrono. Something like this:

timemachine-voor-35-timemachine.png

or this:

johannes-black-voor-34-johannes_black_front.png

or possibly another Tissot T-Race - I really love the bling factor of the Nicky Hayden 2012 edition:

fullsize2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'm considering selling 4 or 5 watches and adding some cash to get a nice chrono.

Here's a few that have caught my eye:
    $T2eC16dHJIIE9qTYLiO2BQfutw(TNw~~60_3.JPG

$T2eC16hHJHwE9n8ikLnzBQgpMDkMLQ~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJD!E90vmFvMFBPhqdIeCmg~~60_35.JPG

I'm not generally a fan of Tag Heuer, but I do like this one:
    TAG-CV2A10-1.jpg

I'm sure a few of you have seen this already but this is amazing. If you watch the first video the hour numeral changes at the 1.04 mark.

Harry Winston Opus Eleven

df1f907840384093befbd4dbeea72e5a-450x440.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭Homer

Hmmm... Dear Santa :p

meistersinger03black_1925_detail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Homer,

Hope this isnt high up there on the list of newbie dumbass questions but how does one tell the time in minutes on that watch, I guess that you can only do it blocks of a number of minutes?

Homer wrote: »
    Hmmm... Dear Santa :p

Santa says there's a RECESSION on, don't you know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Homer,

Hope this isnt high up there on the list of newbie dumbass questions but how does one tell the time in minutes on that watch, I guess that you can only do it blocks of a number of minutes?
    Part of the point of the watch is that you wear it when you don't need to know the exact time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

NickWray wrote: »
    These are a few really tickling my fancy at the moment.. none are too pricey though.

Nomos Orion. Really want a Glashutte made watch.

Another German, the Sinn 356 UTC.

Both within reach at the moment I suppose, but I don't want to blow the savings at the minute.

In terms of aspirational stuff, a vintage 'feet-first' Rolex Sub 5513 would really do it for me.

Of course, this is all subject to change any minute! A vintage Sub will always be in the back of my mind though.
    Very similar tastes we have, NickWray! I had my eye on a Nomos Zurich (the regular dial or the blaugold... beautiful) recently. Re vintage Sub, I pushed the button on one yesterday; 16800 from 1981 (my birthyear), all original parts, matte dial, tritium lume etc. It's safe to say i'll be off the purchasing radar for quite a while now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Nice one! Look forward to seeing a few pics when you get it!

Kind of looks like Wall-E from that angle

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Major Dad

Anyone got an opinion on the Tissot Seastar Blue automatic ? Was shopping in Arnotts on Saturday and stopped to look in their watch section. Two Tissots caught my eye...the orange PRS 330 Tony Parker and the Seastar Men's Blue automatic chrono C01 sports watch. Know there's quite a difference in cost but have a little nest egg !!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

a few i have my eye on, there are loads of others, but these three are the ones that come to mind right now

Black dialled daytona

1280367342d.jpg

Tudor Pelagos

original.jpeg

Patek Philippe Calatrava

Patek5096_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

a13224ae.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

NickWray wrote: »
    Nice one! Look forward to seeing a few pics when you get it!
    Here it is! Transitional 16800 with matte dial.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

4198451_max.jpg

http://www.watchshop.com/mens-seiko-solar-solar-powered-watch-sne097p1-p99938161.html

I just came across this tonight. I really like its simple stylish looks. I'll have to consider this as a future purchase. What are the solar movements like? Do they keep time as effectively as a regular movement?

• Advertisement

What are the solar movements like? Do they keep time as effectively as a regular movement?

I got a second hand Seiko solar diver a few weeks ago, and while I love the looks, it's not been too reliable. Because I'm not in direct sunlight most of the time, it has stopped on me more than once. I've a good bit of natural light at work which I hoped would be enough, but it seems not.

I rotate my watches anyway, so just leave it on the windowsill for a couple of days to get it charged up again, but it's a bit of a pain in the tits that I can't rely on it 100%.

I don't know if that's the same mechanism as the one you're looking at, so this may all be irrelevant.

Advertisement