Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Fat People be Heckled like smokers?

Options
  • 16-12-2012 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

So, for the past couple of years it has become socially acceptable to heckler smokers for there bad habit.

Why is it still taboo to not heckle fat people ? More of them die than smokers so it would seem.

I was out to eat a while ago and there was a smoker at the table and an obese person. I thought it was funny that one of my mates was giving out to the smoker telling them, "don't you see that you are killing yourself?", but my mate said nothing to the fat person...

Anyways..

How do you feel? Will it be another decade before it becomes ok to heckle fat people or will it never be ok?

*MODS INSERT A POLL PLEASE. Yes or No. Thanks*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Fat people are a burden on society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

People heckle smokers??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Needs a poll . I vote yes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

They already are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Lets all pick on everyone whose different from us.

That'll work out well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yup, fat people never get heckled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

youi wrote: »
    So, for the past couple of years it has become socially acceptable to heckler smokers for there bad habit.

Why is it still taboo to not heckle fat people ? More of them die than smokers so it would seem.

I was out to eat a while ago and there was a smoker at the table and an obese person. I thought it was funny that one of my mates was giving out to the smoker telling them, "don't you see that you are killing yourself?", but my mate said nothing to the fat person...

Anyways..

How do you feel? Will it be another decade before it becomes ok to heckle fat people or will it never be ok?

*MODS INSERT A POLL PLEASE. Yes or No. Thanks*

think you'll find 100% of fat people die.. And 100% of smokers.. and 100% Non-smokers even..

...that is everyone except Shane MacGowan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Yes they should. I'm sick of inhaling their fatness and putting on weight because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

How about heckling nobody, or is that too much to ask ?

Everybody has their hang ups and the hecklers probably have theri own issues they could probably sort out instead of being ignorant bolloxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

A morbidly obese woman where I work had 1200 euro spent on a special office chair for her humungus arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Maybe we should follow this fascism to its logical conclusion and send all smokers and fat people to the gas chambers. We could build a master race of non smoking thin people.

I have heard of a smoker being heckled by the way.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Madam_X wrote: »
    Yes they should. I'm sick of inhaling their fatness and putting on weight because of it.

:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I thought it was funny that one of my mates was giving out to the smoker telling them, "don't you see that you are killing yourself?",

Oh one of them....

When I was a barman we used to serve food out in the beer garden on sunny days.

And the non smokers would be complaining to me about the smokers outside :rolleyes:

I bet your friend waves their hands about and does the fake cough too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

socially acceptable to heckler smokers

Skinny good looking wimminz are outside the pub smoking, while you're inside heckling them. Interesting.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Where are these smokers being heckled?

I think what you're really asking is when will it be socially acceptable to abuse smaller/weaker people publically. If you want to bully people, you can do that now, just be prepared for the consequences of doing it to the wrong person who then caves your face in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

We should also heckle the skinny for not eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

If you are a fat smoker you will get heckled on the double. I'm a skinny non smoker so I'm safe thank god, this heckling sounds dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

And what about fat smokers? Should we bully them twice as much, oh omnipotent OP?

Where are these smokers being heckled?

I think what you're really asking is when will it be socially acceptable to abuse smaller/weaker people publically. If you want to bully people, you can do that now, just be prepared for the consequences of doing it to the wrong person who then caves your face in.
    Be warned: The OP is currently preparing a devastating "lol bet you're all fat" rebuttal... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

HondaSami wrote: »
    I'm a skinny non smoker

Pics etc....

• Advertisement

Passive smoking affects other peoples health and its not okay to heckle someone for smoking (unless they're deliberately blowing it in your face). Someone else overeating has no effect on you, so you don't get to bully them to make yourself feel better.

Candie wrote: »
    Passive smoking affects other peoples health and its not okay to heckle someone for smoking (unless they're deliberately blowing it in your face). Someone else overeating has no effect on you, so you don't get to bully them to make yourself feel better.
    But what about the "fat people tax" I see on my payslip every month?

Madam_X wrote: »
    But what about the "fat people tax" I see on my payslip every month?

You mean you're not perfect?
    How very dare you!
    Let the heckling commence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

How do you know the fat guy you are heckling isn't a powerlifter?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

How about instead of heckling smokers and fat people for something that they are struggling with, we help and encourage them to change?

I think you'll find that most people who are fat or are smokers, don't actually want to be

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Fat people are like the police, there's never one around when you need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chauncey

Lago wrote: »
    How about instead of heckling smokers and fat people for something that they are struggling with, we help and encourage them to change?

I think you'll find that most people who are fat or are smokers, don't actually want to be

How about letting nosy gimps shove their encouragement up their respective arses and let people enjoy an aul smoke or a bit of cake in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Sure lets stand at the top of a hill and heckle some wheelchair people, if they are fat, smoke, deaf, blind in one eye, a midget and some sort of Spanish, then all the better!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I'm not exactly skinny but I'm no whale either. I also smoke.

If I was heckled for either, I'd find it hilarious, probably die laughing. Damn clogged arteries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

A morbidly obese woman where I work had 1200 euro spent on a special office chair for her humungus arse.

And I bet she's just thrilled that this is such a fascinating topic of conversation that HR told the whole office, and then that you found it so exciting you had to tell the internet.

I'd love to approach management in that place with something confidential.

Advertisement