Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antisocial scum...

Options
  • 01-11-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

A few days ago I was watching a movie at the cinema. Unfortunately it so happened I was sharing the row with a group of what I could only describe as juvenile scum. Before the movie began they harassed the people around them, fought with the cinema attendant (using distinctively foul language) when asked to move one seat so that a group could get seats in a packed theatre, be a general disturbance throughout the film and when the film was over, they didn't leave before chucking their trash onto some unsuspecting unfortunate cinema goer below.

Although I managed to phase them out during the film and enjoyed the film, later it made me wonder what goes on in the head of these pricks when they partake in such behaviour? Why can't they not behave like responsible citizens and not be such an absolute waste of air and space. And mostly why do we as a society put up with such waste of DNA.

What can be done, if anything can be done, to fix these disordered youth into living a responsible and respectable life?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Oh, a scumbags in cinema thread. This will end well.

Naturally...*gets popcorn* bah dum tish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

Welcome to Cineworld, full of inconsiderate, brainless twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Ag science in UCD spring to mind and their getting their education payed for by the taxpayer!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

What you go see?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Ag science in UCD spring to mind and their getting their education payed for by the taxpayer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Go to a film with a complicated storyline. They won't be there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I think we should embrace them all and hug out the badness.

(Woah that pot brownie is stroooong!)

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Problems at home. Generally down to the parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

. And mostly why do we as a society put up with such waste of DNA.
    because the alternative was tried in the 30s/40s and it got an awful press

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    What you go see?

Skyfall, reason why the cinema was packed. Or else would have moved far away from those twats. They looked about 12-14yrs old.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

steddyeddy wrote: »

Why? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Skyfall, reason why the cinema was packed. Or else would have moved far away from those twats. They looked about 12-14yrs old.
    They're young, I imagine they found their behaviour amusing. Probably delighted with themselves at the cinema without their parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I don't know why the people working at the cinema let them stay at the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

steddyeddy wrote: »

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

"Shut the fcuk up or I will rip your face off, ya little cnut" usually works, but you have to say it to the loudest or "alpha male" of the group. Then the rest just give him stick and it usually settles down.

I have done this a couple of times and it worked, but be prepared to give a dig if they react.

Or else sit there and say nothing and get your head wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Stand up, walk out and demand your money back from the cinema unless they throw the pr1cks out. That the cinema tolerate stuff like that only gives them more reason to act the bollix and it's up to them to stamp it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

smoke grenade and assault rifle the bowsies I tell ya

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

benwavner wrote: »
    "Shut the fcuk up or I will rip your face off, ya little cnut" usually works, but you have to say it to the loudest or "alpha male" of the group. Then the rest just give him stick and it usually settles down.

I have done this a couple of times and it worked, but be prepared to give a dig if they react.

I don't believe you have done that. I've never seen anyone do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The cinema... how quaint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

A few days ago I was watching a movie at the cinema. Unfortunately it so happened I was sharing the row with a group of what I could only describe as juvenile scum. Before the movie began they harassed the people around them, fought with the cinema attendant (using distinctively foul language) when asked to move one seat so that a group could get seats in a packed theatre, be a general disturbance throughout the film and when the film was over, they didn't leave before chucking their trash onto some unsuspecting unfortunate cinema goer below.

Although I managed to phase them out during the film and enjoyed the film, later it made me wonder what goes on in the head of these pricks when they partake in such behaviour? Why can't they not behave like responsible citizens and not be such an absolute waste of air and space. And mostly why do we as a society put up with such waste of DNA.
    I believe because the opposite is their top agenda. They're not civilised normal people, they're fúcking scum.
    What can be done, if anything can be done, to fix these disordered youth into living a responsible and respectable life?

Good luck with that. They're not out for the approval from the civilized or listening to adult opinions. They live for themselves, their own entertainment and their peers. In conclusion, they don't give a fúck about anybody except themselves and the attention they get / approval and praise from their peers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

This is why I don't go to chain cinemas.

Go to the IFI or The Screen, I've only ever had one incident with noisy patrons.

Some woman, about 25 or so, wouldn't stop yakking. I told her to shut up, she said "Did she just tell me to shut up?", all indignant, then clammed up for the rest of the movie. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

phasers wrote: »
    Some woman, about 25 or so, wouldn't stop yakking. I told her to shut up, she said "Did she just tell me to shut up?", all indignant, then clammed up for the rest of the movie. Good times.
    If she wanted to talk over a movie she should have done it at home, not where people have paid in to watch it. Dozey bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

12-14 they were children for god sake - thats what kids do

Are ye being a little dramatic?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

You wouldn't download an Antisocial Scumbag...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

OP, you should call Joe Duffy and tell him "dat da chillers ruined da fill-um for me Joe so day did an all an anyways". Be warned though, you may need to be available for a few days to tell the same story on air again and again and again......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

benwavner wrote: »

Usually when they think you are physically threatening them they will either shut up or push ot to see if you will give them a smack or not.
    When they get to the point of whether you give them a smack, you will normally get one who says "go on them, I'll sue ya" the correct response to this is that you have no intention of hitting them, but will kick the sh1t out of their father, this has worked for me in the past :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    I don't believe you have done that. I've never seen anyone do that.

How often do you go to the cinema?

I've done it hundreds of times, all with varying results, from it working and people apologizing as they hadn't realized they were so loud, all the way to having a row outside the cinema in a local shop.

Usually people when they see you telling someone to shut up, will join in also and that's when it is most effective.

A quiet night when there is not many there and you tell people to give it a rest with the chatting and that usually has no effect as you will be the only one complaining.

Chair kicking bugs me even more than talking. I am so careful not to kick someone's chair as I know how distracting and highly annoying it is, so I have no idea how people can be so up their own arse as to kick a chair non-stop and even sometimes go so far as to hang their feet over the seat in front of them, that is right beside a seat were someone is sitting, don't they know that you will see this with the corner of your eye and so effect your viewing?

I don't know, inconsideration needs to be kicked out of some people, it's so ingrained.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

john47832 wrote: »

No. It really really isnt what kids do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

john47832 wrote: »

Well if they're behaving as such scum at that age, imagine what they'll be like when they grow up in 10yrs time?

Or maybe I just come from a time when kids were taught how to behave properly in public spaces by their parents...

Advertisement