Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most cash you have ever carried around?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭soap1978

8000000 was buying my 5 house and now cant afford any off them, have to hand keys back and let the tax payers pay for then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

soap1978 wrote: »
    8000000 was buying my 5 house and now cant afford any off them, have to hand keys back and let the tax payers pay for then :D

Did you buy the estate?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Did you buy the estate?

1 bed aportment on the south side, like D4 like ....:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

I've got no more tears for you

I'm all cried out myself mate.

Cue Alison Moyet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭narwhalthe

About two grand. In my ass pocket walking down Moore Street haha. Actually a shop was being robbed with a knife on the street whilst walking by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Doom wrote: »

How much are you allowed to take out of the country in cash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

50-odd grand to the bank to do a lodgement, wrapped up in a black plastic bag in one of my old jobs. Nearly wet myself carrying it around.

Out of my own money, 22 grand. Now, I'd be lucky to have twenty euro in my purse. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

True story - Went out for lunch one Friday with my boss ( I had the princely sum of five pounds in my purse waiting for the end of the month pay cheque). Anyway the wind is blowing and four men got out of a car just ahead of where we were walking towards the restaurant - and twenty pound notes start blowing from one of the men's pockets. I picked up what I found and my boss handed me what he picked up and I ran up to the four men in front and handed them approximately 800 pounds. No thanks.

So 800 pounds was the most amount of money I ever carried. ( and one of those twenty pound notes would have made my weekend go a lot longer) !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

narwhalthe wrote: »
    About two grand. In my ass pocket walking down Moore Street haha. Actually a shop was being robbed with a knife on the street whilst walking by.

bull

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

€2 million, unfortunately not mine. Had to lodge a yearly funding cheque to the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Thrill wrote: »
    How much are you allowed to take out of the country in cash?

5k or there abouts in any one trip, revenue can impound anything more than this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭narwhalthe

bull

Nah not bull. Took it out to get a car at the weekend. Some phone shop was getting robbed as I came out of the pound shop with it. Nothing happened to me obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

23500 in cash to buy a car. I got the bus in Donegal to Dublin, got off at busarus and walked to St Stephens green where I was to meet the fella selling the car. I had the money in two envelopes in inside pockets of my jacket and I have never been so nervous in my life till I got rid if it and bought the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I needed to make a large cash withdrawal last year, so I phoned the bank to give them a few days notice. When I called to withdraw I was ushered into an office where a very embarrased manager explained they didn't have enough cash in the bank and could I wait until later in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 STI V5

45,000 PUNTS !! It was around a week before christmas and was asked to pick up a couple of sets of plans for a job off a builder that we done a lot of work for !! Nothing unusual about that :) .. Picked up a good few large envelopes from the dozy secretary and like everything else they were just flung onto the seat of me van with all the other crap !!! Next stop a bit of skiving into the square s.c for last minute christmas bits :D.. 40-45 mins later shopping sorted , headed up to the office where my FAT CAT BOSS started to open up the envelopes and pulled out a fair few wads of cash ...Yep his sets of plans was actually 45k in cash !!!! He nearly fu#kin fell off the chair when i told him i had taken a little detour into the square leaving his ( sets of plans ) alone me van :eek::eek: Served him right for being a sneaky bastid .. Needless to say he never opened his mouth about my little shopping trip he was just very happy to have his cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

as far as i can remember the most ive had on me personally was about 2000 but i was once in a car with someone that was depositing 97,000 into the bank from where he was working. i had it all on my knee in the car, it felt pretty crazy knowing you had that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

two and six

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

Largest cash amount probably €4000 but lots of diamonds walked around Dublin in my shirt pocket from workshop to workshop to Diamond manufacurers, possibly worth more than i ever will be even with a "Death in Service policy" in action LoL! (i aint working in a jewelers anymore btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I once drove around in a €250,000 car with about €40,000 in the glove box. Shíttin myself that I was gonna be car jacked.

I also once drove a nearly new Rolls Royce Phantom waayyy to fast and very nearly crashed it. Another moment when I nearly soiled myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

On my own I think it was around €35,000 which was a Saturday nights takings. We had to do lodgements every day so I was lodging it in the bank Sunday morning. I hated doing it - not because of the money but because it was a constant fight to get into the self-service area and the automated lodgement box. BOI would seriously want to get their facilities in order.

There was another time with about €76,000 but that was 3 nightclubs takings and I wasn't alone. Would-be robbers take note: I don't work in bars or do cash lodgements any more. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

About £17k ......made up of DMarks, FFrancs and Swiss Francs about 20 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

IR£2,500. Back in '97. Buying an '89 Nissan Sunny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Actual cash was £17,000

Most valuable cheque was for €210,000.

Didn't even get to do the pretend shower cleaning under my arms with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭rubytuesday86

2,500 only from the bank to the car after getting a loan. was bricking it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

3000 about 4 years ago. I felt like I was a millionaire.

Depends on how much I get paid each month but it's just a big wad of cash.. The biggest note is worth about 20euro so I have to take my money belt to carry it around my waist. Hate carrying it every single month because anyone can find out the day the foreign teachers get paid and they'd get over a years salary from one mugging.

The most I've ever had was like $6000 or something going to the bank.. You feel like a red hot target when average salaries are so low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

kowloon wrote: »
    €14,000 for a bike, it wasn't as big a wad of cash as I'd hoped. There's rarely any reason to carry much cash. I'm not sure I'd like to be carrying around more than a few hundred as I frequently lose things.

Raleigh Chopper?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭rameire

had control of 48,000,000 in euro coins back in 2001.

of my own cash, about 20,000.00

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The most was 1.6 million Punts, in bearer bonds. Wasn't mine unfortunately :(

The most I had on me in cash was about €11,000 when I was buying a motorbike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I had a €500 note once, and it was mine.

A useless note alltogether. Nowhere accepts them.

Advertisement