Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lovestruck Canadian searches Irish Woman of his dreams!

Options
  • 19-09-2012 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 71,763 ✭✭✭✭

Having a particular penchant for Irish women myself, this story caught my eye on the Independent website:-

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/lovestruck-canadian-puts-life-on-hold-to-search-for-irish-woman-he-met-for-just-two-minutes-3234097.html

A LOVESTRUCK Canadian man has put his life on hold to look for a woman he met for just two minutes last summer.
    Dentist Sandy Crocker (28), from the Pacific coast province of British Columbia, flew more than 8,000 miles to track down the Irish woman.
    He is determined to find her and is criss-crossing Ireland searching for a woman in her mid to late- 20s with freckles and reddish brown hair.
    His unusual odyssey began last summer when the avid surfer and rugby player popped into An Teach Bia cafe in Ennistymon, Co Clare, on his way to visit the Cliffs of Moher.
    After the chance encounter on July 9, he realised that the woman had captured his heart.
    "She was eating and I didn't want to interrupt her meal so I waited until she was leaving and I asked her for directions to the Cliffs of Moher," he said.
    "I was leaving Ireland a day later so, at first, I didn't see the point in pursuing things -- but after she left I decided I had to.
    "Maybe it's a shot in dark but if it is meant to be, if it's fate, then who knows what might happen?"
    He is prepared for the worst if she turns out to be married or otherwise involved, or simply not interested, he added.
    He will be travelling around Clare for the next few days before heading to Cork. If he hasn't found his mystery woman by then, he plans to return to Co Clare before going to Belfast.
    In the meantime, he is hoping the woman will learn of his search and contact him via dating site www.pof.com under the username Travel-bug-4u.

Guy was on 'The John Murray Show' just now...his description of her was slightly toe-curling, but best of luck to him!

Is she a boardsie?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Stalker goes public.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Those automatic search links from the Independent are more toe curling to be honest.

Good luck to him. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Canada, ey? They say I'm slow, eyyyyy?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

They are just as bad as Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Sure it's romantic when it's a Canadian guy doing it ... but when i go philandering it's creepy !!!!

Idk, double standard independent.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

What the **** is this magic love spell that Irish Women can cast over foreign men. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

They are just as bad as Americans.

swooooooooooooooooosh

that was the noise of your sweeping statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Weirdo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

best of luck to him, shot in the dark though, I think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Gee Bag wrote: »
    Weirdo!
    Yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

best of luck to him, shot in the dark though, I think!!

Sounds like a normal sat night for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

He is determined to find her and is criss-crossing Ireland searching for a woman in her mid to late- 20s with freckles and reddish brown hair.

Well that narrows it down a bit :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

What if she's taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

What if she's taken?

He WILL find her and he WILL kill her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

What if she's taken?

That will be very, very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

The next big search for her will be led by the Guards. This sounds way too weird for me to not immediately think the guy is a bit nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Sure it's romantic when it's a Canadian guy doing it ... but when i go philandering it's creepy !!!!

Idk, double standard independent.ie

Avid surfer + rugby player + dentist (lots of income) means he's almost immune from being creepy. Probably a fairly charismatic lad too so that will go in his favour

If he was an avid computer games player with part time job in a PC repair shop with fecking stargazing as a hobby or something he couldn't look at a beour twice without the guards being called

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Quick, someone call Cecelia Ahern & Meg Ryan, there's a book & movie in this story !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

What if she's taken?

He will call Liam Neeson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

Canadians are still Americans at the end of the day no matter how much they try to deny it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

craigslist.org has plenty of these notice

http://dublin.craigslist.org/mis/3241876122.html

Girl who's photo I took - m4w - 38 (Cliffs of Moher)

I took a photo of you in front of the cliff. I wish I talked to you a little more. Email me if you see this. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

I hope she doesn't have a bunny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

He's sick in the head! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,834 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Headline should read -

"Guy in lucrative footloose profession goes off on indulgent media friendly jolly"

Although as the description does sound like my wife I'd be happy to fulfill his dream, send a Stamped Addressed Envelope to PO Box 69......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

The poor lad is obviously simple. You'd think his friends would have talked some sense into him when he said he was setting off to find the woman of his dreams ie. some randomer he said two words to in a shop last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

What if she was also a tourist and not Irish at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

What if she was also a tourist and not Irish at all?

Because he spoke to her when he asked for directions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

He's sick in the head! :rolleyes:

How is he sick in the head, that doesnt make any sense!?

I think its very romantic actually, she obviously made an impression on him and if he has the money to come back to Ireland so soon after going home then why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Feeona wrote: »
    He WILL find her and he WILL kill her!

and we will help him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

and we will help him
    its fat annie from gorey

Advertisement