Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping Fit

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Mike87 wrote: »
    I dont think roids are that bad. I lift with a few people that take them. Theres a documentary called bigger, faster, stronger. You should check it out. Its well worth a watch even if only for the entertainment value.

I saw that documentary on Youtube. It is very interesting I must admit. Have you seen the guy Greg Valentino? He's got the biggest arms in the world. He's some freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I've recently disabled the auto-refresh tab add-on for Firefox - now I press F5 or click the mouse.

I can feel the benefits already.

You need to be careful. Ya don't want to over do it. You might pull a muscle you crazy fitness freak!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Dean09 wrote: »
    You need to be careful. Ya don't want to over do it. You might pull a muscle you crazy fitness freak!
    Well my next goal is to disable the mouse wheel - although, it may be some time before I'm ready for that level of exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Well my next goal is to disable the mouse wheel

Woah, relax there Tonya Harding.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Keeping fit is easy. Getting fit is the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Mike87

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I saw that documentary on Youtube. It is very interesting I must admit. Have you seen the guy Greg Valentino? He's got the biggest arms in the world. He's some freak.

Yeh I saw that, that was crazy. Its the kinda thing you see a picture of on the internet and instantly think "did they really expect me to fall for that bad photoshop job and and think its real" :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I find there is nothing quiet like a good long pedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

not yet wrote: »
    I find there is nothing quiet like a good long pedal.

That's a paddling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭RumDrinker

What do boardsies do to keep fit?
    I run, sometimes cycle, watch my diet and don't eat any sweets, soft drinks or take any sugar. Planing on doing some weights soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭WhimSock

RumDrinker wrote: »
    I run, sometimes cycle, watch my diet and don't eat any sweets, soft drinks or take any sugar. Planing on doing some weights soon.

What do you take your rum with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Friday and sat night session keep me going, and i go to the gym 4 times a week, mixing cardio and weights..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Try to run 3 times a week for an hour. Did absolutely no training for 3 months during the winter, put on about half a stone and I can't believe how hard it is to get it back off. Thought that just getting back into the old routine would work but the body seems to have acclimatized to the new weight and I need to do much more to make in-roads.

Planning to take up cycling soon too like the rest of the country. Just need to get the monies together to get a decent bike.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I run and cycle mostly, though a back and hip injury at the moment is making running quite difficult. :(

Should probably add some swimming and strength work there too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Cycling! Lots and lots of cycling. To and from work, to get groceries, and actual dedicated exercise cycling. Should probably to other stuff but at least I really enjoy the exercise I do. I feel free on a bike.

I occasionally hike too.

My job is fairly active too, which I'm thankful for.

The idea of a gym horrifies me. Like an exercise factory. Shudder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Well my next goal is to disable the mouse wheel - although, it may be some time before I'm ready for that level of exercise.

Woah slow down there Usain Bolt. You should start out with a 6 week couch to mouse wheel program :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I walk I cycle I do pressups and sit ups.

I will be hitting the pool in the next month and I want to give yoga another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Do a lot of cycling and I've some weights and pull-up bars at home. I seriously need to start stretching or I'll need help tying my shoelaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭RumDrinker

WhimSock wrote: »
    What do you take your rum with?
    Straight.

Although, I am now sitting in my garden and I just thought "Feck it, lets kick off a BBQ and get a few cans of Dutch Gold".

Yes. Sounds like a plan. I'll do the weights next time. Laters!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Nothing.

Bored enough with life as it is,can't see the point of sweating and being in physical pain to actually extend my time here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I used to do sprinting so I do some weightlifitng (olympic and bodybuilding style). I also do some light running.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,698 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I walk a lot and play soccer. I must say though there is a bit of a gap between the media reports on obesity in Ireland and the actual reality. Now I only get into town 3 times a week but its at a very busy time so you get the full specturm of people and I have to see I see very few fat people, all the guys are slim, very fit and toned and the women are very glamorous. I dont know where all these fat people are hiding but I certainly dont see many of them!

Maybe the OP is right and people are going to the other extreme and getting too fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I dont know where all these fat people are hiding

We are at home, eating inordinately large portions of food and staring out the window with our beady little eyes at all the slim people. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Gym 5 days a week and 2 hours of basketball training twice a week.

Still not fit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I tie my shoe laces and then at lunch time I will open them and tie them again, while it looks like I might be over doing it somewhat and could burn out, I am trying to cut down on the lunch time session,

what I am going to try is have a pair of slip ons and wear these at lunch time, this will force me to cut out the lunch time session.

its not easy trying to look like big daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I have heavy bones so i can't exercise without getting very tired very quick, sometimes i get so over heated that im forced to eat a tub of ice cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Train my guns down the pub

Lift my pint with my left, lift and sip, lift and sip

For my next pint I repeat with my right

My squat routine is when I drop loose change on the floor

Gives a good workout

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

walk up and down hills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Right now, I've started to get a bit lazy and I've fallen out of my weight training and running. Have to start up again but fvck in hell, it's hard work to get back to where I was a year ago at the peak of my fitness!

I don't usually go to the gym regularly as it's a pain in the ass to get there sometimes but I'm doing well in picking up my sprinting. Hopefully now I'll keep it up enough to break through that crap intensense period until it's doable and enjoyable. Once you've done that, you can't go without doing something active everyday.

Have to get back to my sport again as well because it's a much more enjoyable way of exercising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Gym 5 days a week and 2 hours of basketball training twice a week.

Still not fit though.

Either you have an extremely unforgiving idea of what constitutes being fit, or you're doing it wrong.

Advertisement