Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butter habits.

Options
  • 29-08-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭

When it come to the tub or slab of butter are you a scraper or a digger.
    I myself tend to keep it fairly clean and tidy.
    The reason this came to my attention is, I was having "the tea" in a house recently and I could'nt get over the state of the tub of butter.
    It was manky, it was full of crumbs, bits of peas, spud, jam, ketchup and a few other unidentified articles, not to mention the scrapings around the edges and the knife standing to attention in the centre of the tub.
    So, how's your butter tub?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

My toilet bowl is cleaner than the butter tub.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

You should be made to sign the lid after use. To vouch for its crumbless integrity.
    That way in the case of a crustated skankulated butter situation the culprit can be identified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I don't really care what the tub/slab looks like as long as my toast is buttered to the edges!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

A hellish mixture of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I don't know. The last time i opened a tub of butter is a long time ago. I'd rather go without it than eat that shíte. Real Butter all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Scraper.

I like to keep a nice clean line down the centre of the tub, I alternate sides when it starts to look asymmetrical.

If I scrape off too much it just goes on the food anyway.

I never really noticed how OCD that sounds until now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

aujopimur wrote: »
    The reason this came to my attention is, I was having "the tea" in a house recently and I could'nt get over the state of the tub of butter.
    It was manky, it was full of crumbs, bits of peas, spud, jam, ketchup and a few other unidentified articles,

Just be thankful you were not having tea round at Marlon Brandos place.

Neat and tidy.
    As are my candle-light suppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

smash wrote: »
    I don't really care what the tub/slab looks like as long as my toast is buttered to the edges!

I like a good clean tub tbh but it really drives me mad when people don't butter to the four corners of the toast :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

kfallon wrote: »
    I like a good clean tub tbh but it really drives me mad when people don't butter to the four corners of the toast :mad:

lifes hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

I get a bit grossed out in company when somebody licks their knife and then puts it into the tub for a slather. I don't mind if there's a few crumbs around the edge of the tub, not when there are unidentifiable foods changing colour on top of the butter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Soups123

I'm a scrapper at home but when I'm in someone elses house i'm a digger, I dig down to the next layer or two and use that, I hate using the top layer if it aint out of my fridge.

If I know someone is a scrapper and anal about it I'll dig and scrape back in the left over just to be an ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

God...horrid memories of a previous relationship coming up again: this butter tub obsession (symmetrical, symmetrical!!!) was one of this person's ticks...I need to leave this thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I switch between real butter and the healthiest spread you can get almost schizophreniclly. Always keep it clean though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I remember when I was only a chap, I used to use my fork to 'plough' the top surface of the butter. Perfect straight ploughing right along. I used to be so proud, until I got caught. The wooden spoon ended my butter ploughing days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Soups123

Butterface wrote: »
    I get a bit grossed out in company when somebody licks their knife and then puts it into the tub for a slather. I don't mind if there's a few crumbs around the edge of the tub, not when there are unidentifiable foods changing colour on top of the butter!!
    I would have thought you'd just dip the head in

Rigol wrote: »
    lifes hard

Not as hard as people just buttering the whole slice of toast it would seem

I remember when I was only a chap, I used to use my fork to 'plough' the top surface of the butter. Perfect straight ploughing right along. I used to be so proud, until I got caught. The wooden spoon ended my butter ploughing days.

Ah the wooden spoon.....the 'naughty step' of the 80's :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

God...horrid memories of a previous relationship coming up again: this butter tub obsession (symmetrical, symmetrical!!!) was one of this person's ticks...I need to leave this thread...

I bet you're one of those people who hangs the toilet roll back-to-front on the holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

It was manky, it was full of crumbs, bits of peas, spud, jam, ketchup and a few other unidentified articles, not to mention the scrapings around the edges and the knife standing to attention in the centre of the tub.

that sounds disgusting. But I have seen that before in butterfishes - the crumbs are not too bad but all the other gunk is absolutely vile - are there a lot of men in your house. I don't use butter tho - I use olive oil - and the bottle is very clean, all drips washed off.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I don't do butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Soups123 wrote: »
    I would have thought you'd just dip the head in

All over my face indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

kfallon wrote: »

I drive my girlfriend mad with this. When I butter something, I just slap a bit on, don't even smooth it out (I like when it's lumpy and when parts of the toast have no butter)

She says it's just because I'm lazy and butters her own toast right out to the edge.

snubbleste wrote: »
    I don't do butter.

25809547.jpg

I'm a scraper.
    I like butter waaaay too much, which is evident by my wobbly thighs! I sometimes like toast with my butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

I scrape and like to keep it nice and clean. My girlfriend digs and makes a complete balls of the butter and the dish every time. I can't see this relationship going much further.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I drive my girlfriend mad with this. When I butter something, I just slap a bit on, don't even smooth it out (I like when it's lumpy and when parts of the toast have no butter)

She says it's just because I'm lazy and butters her own toast right out to the edge.

Cherish her

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I have to scrape, because sometimes its too hard so I scrape some off and mash it around the tub with the knife.

Must be on warm toast, if the toast it cold you may take it back

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Tub? Oh, you mean spreads, don't you?
    I don't use those, I cannot stand the taste and texture. I use butter, which comes as a stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Shenshen wrote: »
    Tub? Oh, you mean spreads, don't you?
    I don't use those, I cannot stand the taste and texture. I use butter, which comes as a stick.

a block actually, not a stick.

Advertisement