Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK, WTF is going on with all the spammers?

Options
  • 04-03-2003 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

More spam on the Newbie FAQ board. This time it's of the blatant p0rn-I'm-trying-to-get-paid-for-clickthru's-internet type. Quite rare around these parts.

Has boards been added to some spammer's hitlist or something (seriously)?

Is it time to introduce referrals for new members? :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

We'll see if we can figure out a deterrent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,333 ✭✭✭✭Victor

O_o! :eek: Only 38 posts today (my highest ever was about 105), 4 yesterday, none the day before and 67 in the last week. And virtually no spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by seamus
    Has boards been added to some spammer's hitlist or something (seriously)?
    AFAIK, this "guy" could be a bot tailored to VB boards.. I saw a couple of registraitions for celebguy_dv in a number of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Victor
    O_o! :eek: Only 38 posts today (my highest ever was about 105), 4 yesterday, none the day before and 67 in the last week. And virtually no spam.

SEE PEOPLE but a month (or two) ago we had equal post counts now look SEE SEE i tolds ya's he's a bigger spamm0r than me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

So after all this, was the pr0n of an acceptable quality?

Advertisement