Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

im going to download twitter for this very reason..................

• Registered Users Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭squonk

It's gone now though, aint it?

New to twitter but it's still showing on my timeline. I only see direct tweets from her. Maybe it is gone....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

What a muppet, I see a few folks have tweeted about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Private Piles

We should msg her as well.....

http://www.facebook.com/senhealyeames?sk=wall

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

squonk wrote: »
    New to twitter but it's still showing on my timeline. I only see direct tweets from her. Maybe it is gone....

I am gonna have a pop at her now keep her busy deleting tweets:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

That's the ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

She took bloody strips off him though. Bloody sickened me. If this is the type of person in Seanad Eireann I truly despair. Things are bloody bad enough.

Rant over, but it was a bloody poor performance in public, by someone who should know better.

Any more details on how she exactly tore stripes off him? What exactly did she say?
    Pity you didn't get a video on your phone. It'd make for great YouTube footage. :-D

I would imagine the individual in question would then think it was a good idea to "ban" YouTube and phones.
    Sheriffz wrote: »
    I had a similar experience with another figure in Irish politics during the Ocean Race.

You should name and shame them.

People who think that they are some sort of celebrities and behave like asshats should be exposed at every possible occasion. Otherwise they will think this is acceptable behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

I got done before. If there is a guy selling tickets in the station and even if there are ticket machines at the station they do ya I think.

Fare enough. :pac:

I see what you did there... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

How does this work? If you mention her, shows up in her public feed? and she has the option of deleting the mention, but not your tweet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Sheriffz

People who think that they are some sort of celebrities and behave like asshats should be exposed at every possible occasion. Otherwise they will think this is acceptable behaviour.

It was during the launch of the Galway Hooker at the docks. Unfortunately, I can't disclose much information due to the company I work for. Didn't have a pass to attend, told said figure to obtain one but walked past.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

grizzly wrote: »
    How does this work? If you mention her, shows up in her public feed? and she has the option of deleting the mention, but not your tweet?

No. Doesn't show up in her public feed at all.

Only you and twitter can delete your tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Miri5

We should msg her as well.....

http://www.facebook.com/senhealyeames?sk=wall
    Just sent her a message there, interesting to see if there will be a response :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I sent her a tweet. I'm having a slow day. I'm tempted to report her for spam while I'm at it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

absolutely arrogant of this senator to abuse their position like that,what did she think she was going to do blag her way in the door?

I haven't gotten a reply to my tweet as yet anyway. Not expecting one to be honest. In general I find it distasteful and annoying that politicians like to jump on the technology bandwagon to publicise themselves and aren't shy about inflicting their press releases and other publicity material on their friends and followers, yet they run for cover or seem unable to find the reply button when something either critical of them or calling them out on something gets posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭lank

Sorry, I didn't know who ye were on about, so I googled Senator Athenry and got http://www.labour.ie/lorrainehiggins/ She's from Athenry, Galway East, makes more sense. Eames is from Galway west - just checkin'?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

lank wrote: »
    Sorry, I didn't know who ye were on about, so I googled Senator Athenry and got http://www.labour.ie/lorrainehiggins/ She's from Athenry, Galway East, makes more sense. Eames is from Galway west - just checkin'?? :confused:

Eames is from Oranmore.

Lorraine Higgins would never pull a stunt like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Fair play, Cap'n.

This kind of crap should be highlighted and shouted down (especially through the wonders of social media) wherever it's found.

Shame 'em into submission!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The OP pretty much acknowledged that it was FHE earlier in the thread. Lorraine Higgins is hardly "well known". Also, Lorraine Higgins doesn't have a rep for being a self obsessed thundering so and so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭scotchy

TV3 news now following her on Twitter:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

But HOW COULD this functionary not recognise one of the supreme political talents of the modern era....he'd probably fine Churchill himself he would. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is this the same senator who felt she was entitled to a seat in the general election February 2011?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The Advertiser have been running this (without a link, naughty) on their Facebook so it should be reaching a suitably braying mob.

Also Broadsheet have it.

Some healthy linking and tagging could go a long way to producing some curious google results...

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

We should track our tweets with the use of a hash tag.

How about? #freewheelin or something. Every tweet you send to her should have the same tag so we can all see what each of us are saying to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Oranmore people go to Athenry to get the train because it's easier than trying to get into Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

Just lobbed off my first tweet to her. Do a search on twitter for #freewheelin to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Caillte wrote: »

How about? #freewheelin or something. Every tweet you send to her should have the same tag so we can all see what each of us are saying to her.

#gravytrain would be better.

• Advertisement

Maybe #healyeamesfaredodger might be better and more specific!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement