Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I Quit SWTOR Thread"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Agreed, I'm a committed altoholic (all 8 slots filled) but BioWare really needs to start engaging with, rather than dictating to the community.

Did you see the community posts, they're carefully selected posts that in no way address the issues with the game. They always focus on really stupid things like armour color, Legacy items and other nonsense just to divert focus from the true problems.

I seen the E3 video.... there isnt alot coming out this year :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Vicxas wrote: »
    Agreed, I'm a committed altoholic (all 8 slots filled) but BioWare really needs to start engaging with, rather than dictating to the community.

Did you see the community posts, they're carefully selected posts that in no way address the issues with the game. They always focus on really stupid things like armour color, Legacy items and other nonsense just to divert focus from the true problems.

I seen the E3 video.... there isnt alot coming out this year :/

Yeah, I've been on the swtor forums since November '08, had over 5,000 posts before they wiped it (another stupid community destroying decision) and I've always been amused at how blatantly obvious they've been with picking posts to reply to.

While I'd say something like armour matching was an important visual feature, there was never a good reason given as to why it was removed in beta. Same with pre made warzones. We're just expected to sit back and accept that BioWare's internal testing team who've fumbled so much before miraculously won't do it this time.

No offense to DE and whoever is still there from the original development team but when you start dictating to players about what they want rather than listening to what they want you've already failed.

News we're getting an increased level cap for instance just reeks of WOW did it, therefore we must follow suit.

Thats this generation MMO's problems. If WoW must do it WE must do it.

Thats why i admire EVE so much. they just do they're own thing and consistently have over 300000 players online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Thats this generation MMO's problems. If WoW must do it WE must do it.

Thats why i admire EVE so much. they just do they're own thing and consistently have over 300000 players online.

EvE and WoW are to very different types of game tho and can't really be compared like for like. SWTOR is nothing more that a bad WoW clone with voiceovers that launched without the most basic MMO features that every MMO on the market has nevermind WoW.

Not arguing with you on that, A voiceover in a game does not make it better....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Eh I like the voices, I think it adds a good bit of depth to the game. Sure now I spacebar through conversations I've had before most of the time but its still a much more interactive process than loads of text.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

I quit a few days ago. Well i didnt so much quit as im not renewing my sub for a while. I might go back to it around christmas just to see how things turned out.

I actually was really enjoying the game but what i really didnt like about it was it didnt feel like a proper MMO. Sure the instances class quest sections were pretty neat i like that idea so 15 of you arent waiting around for the same boss to re-spawn., Loved the story sections too some of the best Quest Based story quests I've EVER played. Story telling was top notch.

But where it failed was in a few places for me. I know the forms over on TOR.com fourms people were foaming at the mouth for reasons why they think the game sucks, No Ranking PVP, No World PVP, Broken GTN, Not having a LFG system, Not having a cross server LFG, Trying to implement an LFG Tool. All of them Valid points.

But being honest what really killed it for me in the end was server pops. The server i was on had 12 people primetime on a sat night. I really REALLY dont like the way they used the shards to break up servers I hit level 40 a few days ago and the planet im on now is literally deserted theres like 3 people on the planet im on. Thats not an MMO in my eyes and for a while it was ok i lived with it, The games content kept me going the bounty hunter storyline was epic loved it. but then my guild fell apart and that was that.

I tried posting something like this above on the TOR forums but basically what ive realized is if you post ANYTHING on the fourms you get flamed from one of two camps the "just re-roll on a different server, stop hating on the game this game rocks" crowd or the "everything EA and bioware touch turn to bantha fodder this game sucks for reasons x,y,z" crowd so i dont even bother logging on anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

As someone said in another thread, they literally just fixed this last week. They've opened up free transfers from 90% of servers to the other 10%, which now have great populations.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

been playing since release and love the warzones in this game, i just got a gamecard for wow to see about leveling a hunter with my mate and his friend on a new server, boy did i get a shock.

I had no heirlooms at lv 15 when my goblin hunter was finally able to complete his storyline and get into some battlegrounds and i found myself getting one shotted by hunters rogues and mages with heirloom gear. Some difference between the warzones in swtor and battlegrounds in wow.

At least in swtor with a lv 10 u can get top damage in warzones and really make an impact on your team winning. A lv 10 can if played smart take down a lv 49 because everyones abilities are bolstered to lv 50. Where as in WoW a lv 11 vs a lv 19 is gonna get seven shades of crap thumped out of him or even a lv 11 vs a lv 11 with heirlooms is gonna get spanked/one shotted.

Returning to wow i have seen the major flaw they have with the brackets in pvp and how its all about the gear, at least in swtor is about unlocking your abilities and your skill playing with them. Both games could learn alot from each other. I would like to see wow bring in the bolster mechanic while also keeping the 10 - 19 bracket. Likewise swtor when it finally gets cross-server pvp wz's should make 10 - 19, 20 - 29 brackets like wow.

Anyways i abandoned the goblin hunter i made on the new realm and decided to use my own heirlooms and transfer the character to the other server later. I dont enjoy being one shotted. Still playing swtor too and prefer the way they bolster people so its more fair.

Going to hop on tonight and see how much my server has changed. All i need now is a cross sever LFG and ill settle in for the long haul. Love this game too much.

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote: »
    As someone said in another thread, they literally just fixed this last week. They've opened up free transfers from 90% of servers to the other 10%, which now have great populations.

Awesome good to hear about the character transfers I knew they'd bring them in eventually, people have no patience I figure given time let the devs work on the game good news though a step in the right direction. Im on the peragus mining facility Raph (or was) and its still dead

http://www.torstatus.net/peragus-mining-facility/history/7d#!/peragus-mining-facility/history/7d

Granted i havent logged in for about 3 weeks but i still have about a month left on my sub i'll log back in and check it out. See if i can finish off my BH questline. Gonna take a 6 month break i reckon and come back at christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Its dead because its an origin server for transfers, you'll want to be moving on to Nightmare lands, which is much healthier looking

Yup was on Nightmare lands last night and it was jammed. There was over 300 on imperial fleet and 50 -60 in all the starter areas, felt like how the game should be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

20 minute queues to Freedom Naad at times.

I'm loving the game now, warzones are great fun and I can always get them (except Huttball, I hate Huttball), though Republic seem to have the beating of us usually), and even if I'm not raiding with the guild I can usually get 8 man ops easy if I want to.

Might finish getting my Sentinel to 50 soon too :D

Yup was on Nightmare lands last night and it was jammed. There was over 300 on imperial fleet and 50 -60 in all the starter areas, felt like how the game should be :)

Awesome im transferring my bony bounty hunter backside to nightmare lands as soon as i get home. this may actually keep me playing I'll see can i scrounge up 35 euro before my sub ends next month as the low server pops really was my only real problem with the game.

Same with me, but it was awesome to see everywhere full! This will hopefully save the game!

I think with the group system in 1.3 everything should be sorted because it's still a bit of a pain at times. Hopefully then when they reduce the server count they'll bring in cross server grouping and we'll all be jolly!

Looking quite positive from where im sitting but apparently my character has in game mail so i cant transfer him from work but i'll wait till i get home and see what the story is.

I will admit the mood on the forums over on TOR.com seems to have lightened up somewhat too there was a time there for a long while where is was nothing but pure hate. I truly dont doubt that the server transfers and 1.3 will breath new life into TOR.

Ingame mail won't stop your character transfer, the mail just doesn't transfer over with you.

though it only takes about 2 minutes anyway

'AL wrote:
    [EN;79326727']Looking quite positive from where im sitting but apparently my character has in game mail so i cant transfer him from work but i'll wait till i get home and see what the story is.

I will admit the mood on the forums over on TOR.com seems to have lightened up somewhat too there was a time there for a long while where is was nothing but pure hate. I truly dont doubt that the server transfers and 1.3 will breath new life into TOR.

Yeah the mood has lightened incredibly. The server xfer has been their best masterstroke so far. Could have actually saved the game.

• Advertisement

Yeah the mood has lightened incredibly. The server xfer has been their best masterstroke so far. Could have actually saved the game.

Agree totally people really seemed to have chilled out that and/or the haters subs have run out and they've all left to hate on the next big thing. So i saved the items from my mail and moved over to the new server have to admit the process was quick and fluid didn't realize how simple it was.

Nice to be logged into a heavy Server again will probably end up staying now yaay bioware for listening to customers

Well we're not there yet, but its a massive improvement!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Well we're not there yet, but its a massive improvement!

for me the xfers and group finder is all I was missing, im a slowish player so ive already more end game content than im likely to consume for a long time to come, what else would you like to change?

LanceStorm wrote: »
    for me the xfers and group finder is all I was missing, im a slowish player so ive already more end game content than im likely to consume for a long time to come, what else would you like to change?

Make warzones and the group finder cross server. This mass influx of players onto the servers won't last forever.

And more new operations too. I'm not bothered about Flashpoints, there are already loads and they aren't nearly as much fun/challenging as 8/16 man ops.

I Tweeted SWTOR last night for an update on the cross server group finder. And was told that its not gonna happen with this version of the group finder.

So itll be a while me thinks

one hour (or more) queues into Freedom Nadd last night. Quite annoying. It's nice to see the server so busy but I was hoping Bioware would allow them to rapidly increase the population now they're going down this whole 'super server' route. I can't see how it would be a problem seeing as everything is done in instances anyway.

Yeah its a bit silly but i guess we're never happy :)

Got to be honest the server merges and 1.3 saved my sub i can tell you that im def staying around however i spent my sub money i had saved it expires the end of this month :mad: :mad: so i reckon i'll have to stop playing for a month till i get paid next month then re-sub

I have a feeling im going to go cold turkey .... seeing sith troopers and droids walking on my ceiling so i will :D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Anyone else find the title of this thread and the continued bumping of it to be silghtly obnoxious?

Everyone that has left the game, fine cya goodluck. But why are we that stayed with SWTOR still bumping this negitive titled thread to the top of the forum?

Can we all agree to just abandon this thread so we can have positive threads about the game resting at the top of the swtor forums? And yes i do realise that i have just bumped it:eek:

• Advertisement

We could just rename it to general discussion? *Shrug*

Advertisement