Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Revenue Shenanigans from Mick Wallace

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

djpbarry wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2012/0607/1224317444365.html

At a time when public opinion of property developers (or builders, as we used to call them) is at an all time low..

There's a big difference between a property developer and a builder, big difference.
    One speculates for a living and the other works for a living.

Property developers/speculators destroyed the industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The Last Word requested statements or quotes from everyone in the group, only got replies from 2, and they were prepared statements saying that it's up to the people of Wexford to decide that happens regarding his position. What a cop out, it's not like they can vote him out mid term.

enda said the same thing

Icepick wrote: »
    The chancers in Wexford have the democratic right to elect a thief to truly represent them, no?

The chancers in Dublin elected an incompetent chancer to represent them and 'lead' the country and we've seen what he did to the country...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I wonder if his company was still paying his salary while he made the decision to withhold, the VAT that was collected.

The fact that the people of Wexford will still deliver him as a poll topper after this news speaks volumes about what is fundamentally wrong with this country.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The Technical Group has finally issued a (wish-washy) statement.
    Independent Group Press Release
    7th June 2012

In response to media queries about Mick Wallace TD we would like to make it clear that we do not condone his behaviour, we believe he has done wrong and that he should be equally accountable as any other TD or ordinary Irish citizen.

Anyone who is not aligned to a party is automatically entitled to membership of the Technical Group under the rules of the Dail.

Finian McGrath, Shane Ross, Catherine Murphy, Ming Luke Flanagan, Thomas Pringle, Tom Fleming, Mattie McGrath, Maureen O’Sullivan and Stephen Donnelly.
    **Nb: Deputy John Halligan is currently out of the country and could not be contacted for comment**

• Advertisement

The fact that the people of Wexford will still deliver him as a poll topper after this news speaks volumes about what is fundamentally wrong with this country.

Sure, look at lowry, look at ahern at the time, healy-rea's etc etc.

Parish pump politics by the gombeen men, elected by gombeen men.

Wallace is no better or no worse than the rest of them.

We get what we deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I've said this on another thread ;
    Lowry has not admitted to or has been found guilty of anything(and I'm not saying that he is or isn't guilty),nor has Healy Rae(s),but this pr**k has admitted on national radio and tv that he is a tax cheat and yet we have "gombeens" on here who are willing to defend him.
    Wake up people,who are the real fools here ?
    Wallace genuinely couldn't care less about this country and he's off to Poznan to enjoy the soccer while we worry what school/army barracks/hospital beds need to be closed due to a missing €1.4m.

Vizzy wrote: »
    I've said this on another thread ;
    Lowry has not admitted to or has been found guilty of anything(and I'm not saying that he is or isn't guilty),nor has Healy Rae(s),but this pr**k has admitted on national radio and tv that he is a tax cheat and yet we have "gombeens" on here who are willing to defend him.
    Wake up people,who are the real fools here ?
    Wallace genuinely couldn't care less about this country and he's off to Poznan to enjoy the soccer while we worry what school/army barracks/hospital beds need to be closed due to a missing €1.4m.

Not defending him at all, maybe he's too honest for his own good.

If ahern and the rest of them had been as straight with us, the tribunals wouldn't have gone on for so long and wouldn't have cost an absolute fortune.

But sure if we need a scapegoat, wallace is your man!

gerry,
    I'm not accusing you of defending him and I'm certainly not going to defend any of the others(Lowry and co.).
    Personnally I think that this sort of parish pump politics is probably the one reason why our politicians are not taken seriously on the "national stage".
    I happened to be driving for most of today and listened to various comentaries/discussions on the Wallace saga.
    Whilst there was plenty of abhorrence and gnashing of teeth at his behaviour,the people from Wexford rallied to support him and I got the impression that if there were an election called tomorrow that he would certainly be elected.
    The comment that summed it up for me was"he did a great job with Wexford youths"
    FFS:mad:

can't find any mention of him owing money to revenue before the election

• Advertisement

gerry,
    I'm not accusing you of defending him and I'm certainly not going to defend any of the others(Lowry and co.).
    Personnally I think that this sort of parish pump politics is probably the one reason why our politicians are not taken seriously on the "national stage".
    I happened to be driving for most of today and listened to various comentaries/discussions on the Wallace saga.
    Whilst there was plenty of abhorrence and gnashing of teeth at his behaviour,the people from Wexford rallied to support him and I got the impression that if there were an election called tomorrow that he would certainly be elected.
    The comment that summed it up for me was"he did a great job with Wexford youths"
    FFS:mad:

Unfortunately that's the way it is in Ireland, sure wasn't XXX a great fellow, he got us the new road and didn't XXX get us the swimming pool.

All politics in Ireland is local and that's how we are where we are, a bit of rezoning here, a bit there, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours, wink wink, nudge nudge!!

IT WILL NEVER CHANGE.

Dead right and if you have a bit of a shady past,all the better.!

No wonder Merkel told Inda to go home empty handed last Friday.

Dead right and if you have a bit of a shady past,all the better.!

No wonder Merkel told Inda to go home empty handed last Friday.

Good boy enda, now run along, there's a good boy!!!!

We're the laughing stock of europe! The 'thick paddies'.

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Good boy enda, now run along, there's a good boy!!!!

We're the laughing stock of europe! The 'thick paddies'.

Speak for yourself, Gerryo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Paddy De Plasterer

This man collected VAT off people, he trousered it and did not pay the Revenue.Therefore he a liar, a tax defaulter and a cheat. Yet he is a member of PARLIAMENT. SOMETHING SURELY VERY WRONG IN THE STATE OF DENMARK. He owes over 2 million which he says he cant pay. So it is US he actually owes. Hope CAB & Gardai get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

what is 2 million owed compared to the 45 million that Charlie Haughey trousered off the books

lucozader wrote: »
    what is 2 million owed compared to the 45 million that Charlie Haughey trousered off the books

Or the almost €3 billion Sean Quinn owes us?

Not too many calling for Quinn to be jailed, CAB to be called etc etc.

I wonder why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Seriously, is this the defense? Charlie haughey did it so it's fine?

He should have resigned himself if he had any shred of morals or standards.

This fecker owns a goddamned vineyard in Italy, and all the money he gave the wexford youths was effectivly STOLEN from us. It's fraud on all levels. He didn't pay his suppliers, he didn't pay his tax bill, he didn't pay his employees pension contributions. He took all that money in, and frikken spent it on more and more and more property.

It is illegal to trade as an insolvent business. My father lost his business of 17 years due to a plonker like this not paying him for a big contract he had completed. It ruins families. This is far from a victimless crime.

He claims the maximum unvouched expenses as a TD and takes our taxes to fund himself. Disgraceful.

He has some brass neck still going into that dail and not resigning. He is a national embarressment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

The Technical Group has finally issued a (wish-washy) statement.
    Independent Group Press Release
    7th June 2012

In response to media queries about Mick Wallace TD we would like to make it clear that we do not condone his behaviour, we believe he has done wrong and that he should be equally accountable as any other TD or ordinary Irish citizen.

Anyone who is not aligned to a party is automatically entitled to membership of the Technical Group under the rules of the Dail.

Finian McGrath, Shane Ross, Catherine Murphy, Ming Luke Flanagan, Thomas Pringle, Tom Fleming, Mattie McGrath, Maureen O’Sullivan and Stephen Donnelly.
    **Nb: Deputy John Halligan is currently out of the country and could not be contacted for comment**

I'd love to hear from them what specific provision of Dáil standing orders makes them believe they can't exclude Wallace from their group. As far as I can see from my reading of the relevant parts (pp. 50-51), there's nothing at all to stop them doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Ah well at least he's prioritising family creditors

http://www.newsscoops.org/?p=686

what a pr*ck...

And he still has the use of it, that's the worst thing.

And then he gives two fingers to the state when it comes looking for VAT its owed.

• Advertisement

gizmo555 wrote: »
    I'd love to hear from them what specific provision of Dáil standing orders makes them believe they can't exclude Wallace from their group. As far as I can see from my reading of the relevant parts (pp. 50-51), there's nothing at all to stop them doing so.

where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Picture the scene.
    Next week Mick will get his name in the paper on the defaulters list.
    That's about all that will happen.
    Mick will come home after the group games.
    Ireland will have done well. We won't care.
    Then some unfortunate individual who evades tax will be nabbed by the Revenue/DPP and in a show of fiscal example by the judiciary to all us, he/she will feel the full rigour of this poxy excuse of a country and get sent down for 6 years.
    And Wallace will head for Kiev for the quarter final.

where?

pages 50 and 51 of the PDF linked to (that's going on the numbers printed at the bottom of the pages - in terms of how Adobe Reader numbers them, it's pages 123 & 125).

gizmo555 wrote: »
    pages 50 and 51 of the PDF linked to (that's going on the numbers printed at the bottom of the pages - in terms of how Adobe Reader numbers them, it's pages 123 & 125).

where does it say that members of group can sanction or expel other members of a group

• Registered Users Posts: 33,167 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If Mick Wallace is the 'new breed' of politician we were told about after the last general election, then I say bring back the old ones.

The new ones look just as devious and corrupt as the old ones.

And as much as things change, they stay the same.

where does it say that members of group can sanction or expel other members of a group

Where does it say what the independent TDs' statement claims, i.e., that Wallace is "automatically entitled to membership"? I'll answer that for you, it doesn't.

It also makes provision for the resignation of group members. Rather than expelling Wallace, as far as I can see, there is nothing to stop these deputies resigning from the existing group en masse and immediately setting up a new group without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Paddy De Plasterer

pwurple wrote: »
    Seriously, is this the defense? Charlie haughey did it so it's fine?

He should have resigned himself if he had any shred of morals or standards.

This fecker owns a goddamned vineyard in Italy, and all the money he gave the wexford youths was effectivly STOLEN from us. It's fraud on all levels. He didn't pay his suppliers, he didn't pay his tax bill, he didn't pay his employees pension contributions. He took all that money in, and frikken spent it on more and more and more property.

It is illegal to trade as an insolvent business. My father lost his business of 17 years due to a plonker like this not paying him for a big contract he had completed. It ruins families. This is far from a victimless crime.

He claims the maximum unvouched expenses as a TD and takes our taxes to fund himself. Disgraceful.

He has some brass neck still going into that dail and not resigning. He is a national embarressment.

of course and he has the neck to appear on RTE sort of coming out and tellin the truth as he sees it. And he has brass neck talking about morality issues also. And he advises people not to pay the household charge. Shame on people of Wexford for putting him at head of poll. We are a laughing stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

well after listening to Ming Flanagan on Prime Time .. I hope he falls in to a feckin' bog hole and can't get out.

Apparently Wallace is one of the nicest people Ming has ever met !!! who give a monkey's.

Ming also maintains that only the people of Wexford should have a say in Wallace's fitness to hold office.

Ivor Callaly swindled a couple of thousand in expenses and was universally lambasted by all an sundry in both houses of Kildare street.

Mick Wallace has fraudulently swindled over a million from the state and this shower of self righteous clowns in the technical group feel that as he admitted that he was a bold boy that should be the end of it. Scumbags is what they are if that is what the honestly believe, however, more than likely they are just plain cowards, afraid of the damage this might do to their little cozy group of odd balls in the dail.

Another thing to remember, this VAT that Wallace failed to pass on, would have been collected by buyers of these apartments who would have had to mortgage that VAT amount over 20/30/40 years paying interest and suffering the consequences of negative equity etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

What do politicians have to do for something to be a resigning issue in this country. Can you imagine if Wallace was a British MP. It would be a major major scandal and he would be gone in disgrace. Then prosecuted.

Here there will be a furore for a few days, a few disparaging pieces in the Sunday papers and then it will be all swept under the carpet. We will all move on and Mick will still be a TD collecting his salary while the taxpayer sees to his debts.

A sea change is needed in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

whippet wrote: »
    Mick Wallace has fraudulently swindled over a million from the state and this shower of self righteous clowns in the technical group feel that as he admitted that he was a bold boy that should be the end of it.
    But he didn't swindle it really though, did he?
    I mean, his company didn't actually have the €1.4m to start with due to trading difficulties.
    Yes, he didn't declare it, that's not to say he had it but just didn't bother paying it.

Advertisement