Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The NOPE Thread *Not for the Squeamish*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Saudi Drift Crash ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They hit the eject button too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I saw that yesterday and I was thinking, do they not wear seatbelts?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Its apparently what happens if you leave your hand in water for a very long time, like for hours and hours, that will happen to your skin.

Something tells me that was one of those "Put someones hand in a bucket of water while they sleep and they will wet the bed" pranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

Saudi Drift Crash ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They hit the eject button too late.

they'd have been grand otherwise :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

bnt wrote: »
    The infamous "Saudi Drift" (Hagwalah)

fúck there was an arm on the road also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

dyer wrote: »
    botfly anyone?

Is it normal that after viewing this I went to YouTube to find more?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Went threw a fair bit of this thread not all of it YET ha

Still cant believe people are still ****ing mentioning A Serbian Film.

Will yous ever **** off with the over the top dramatic ****e. ITS A FILM :pac:

Jesus hate see how yous react to real life horrors.

Anyway not sure if this is already been posted but i take it everyones heard the story in the news lately about the guy on some form of Lsd who chewed off most of another fellas face??

http://gawker.com/5913979/do-these-unbelievably-horrifying-photos-show-the-miami-cannibals-victim

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

what was the car they rolled, Camry?
    CMpunked wrote: »
    Something tells me that was one of those "Put someones hand in a bucket of water while they sleep and they will wet the bed" pranks.

it really looks like more damage than just leaving you hand in water, how long would you need to leave in there for the skin to start dissolving off?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Is it just me or is there something incredibly satisfying about those botfly videos? Like watching a huge spot being squeezed :D

• Advertisement

I'm sure you've all heard about the man in Florida who was high on LSD and ate a homeless man's face? Well the pictures of what remains of the man's face are circulating at the moment. They're extremely gruesome. It's like his face has been skinned alive. His chin and goatee are still there, and you can see one of his eyeballs but otherwise everything else is gone, including his nose, and it's just exposed flesh. I'm not going to link to them here but if you go to gawker.com you'll see them.

I'm sure you've all heard about the man in Florida who was high on LSD and ate a homeless man's face? Well the pictures of what remains of the man's face are circulating at the moment. They're extremely gruesome. It's like his face has been skinned alive. His chin and goatee are still there, and you can see one of his eyeballs but otherwise everything else is gone, including his nose, and it's just exposed flesh. I'm not going to link to them here but if you go to gawker.com you'll see them.

You do know i posted and mentioned this about two posts above right ? :pac:

You do know i posted and mentioned this about two posts above right ? :pac:

Oh. Well now I just feel silly :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Its apparently what happens if you leave your hand in water for a very long time, like for hours and hours, that will happen to your skin.
    I'm not convinced. It looks exactly like a burn and the guy is getting the dressing changed.
    bnt wrote: »
    they say "think twice before watching the video". It's bad enough in real time, so the YouTube video producer repeats the crash in slow motion.

Meh. didn't even blink to be honest. Nothing NOPE about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Pretty disturbing video, didnt hear what happened afterwards.

Its available on youtube and one of the clips on youtube is of it being reported on the news so thats why I assume it will be ok here.

Edited out as not sure it is appropriate. "Indian waterfall accident" is its name available on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Three died in that accident.

I'm okay with the squeemish stuff, but not death, that's disturbing, lets hope this thread doesn't turn into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Three died in that accident.

I'm okay with the squeemish stuff, but not death, that's disturbing, lets hope this thread doesn't turn into that.

There comes a time in every thread's life when it must cease to exist.
    As hard is it can be to accept, we must try.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

NoQuarter wrote: »
    Pretty disturbing video, didnt hear what happened afterwards.

there's nothing NOPE about it or disgusting/ icky but to just stand there filming instead of trying to do something is pretty reprehensible IMO.
    Form a human chain, get a branch/rope or even just stop filming, there's really no need for it.

there's nothing NOPE about it or disgusting/ icky but to just stand there filming instead of trying to do something is pretty reprehensible IMO.
    Form a human chain, get a branch/rope or even just stop filming, there's really no need for it.

Agree 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

I couldnt agree more, when I saw it first yesterday I was waiting for them to throw a rope over. Ive edited the video out of taste. As I said, I only put it up because I saw it on a news clip on youtube but im not sure its appropriate for here.

• Advertisement

Theres probley feck all they could of done in that situation with the power of the water. Trying to step out and form any kinda rescue would more then likely of added to the death tole.

These things tend to always get filmed if someone has any kinda camara. You see them get swept away then thats the end of it i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

There comes a time in every thread's life when it must cease to exist.
    As hard is it can be to accept, we must try.

It's not something I'd tag to this thread particularly, I'm sure that video would have/will crop up elsewhere on boards too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Imagine this on Iarnród Eireann!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

There is no evidence that the cannibal in question was on any drugs, let alone LSD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

I think we can all agree that all forms of death are nope so maybe we could leave them out??

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    There is no evidence that the cannibal in question was on any drugs, let alone LSD

I'm just going by the couple of reports I read on the day the story broke, I hadn't read any follow-up stories.

5BUvu.png

Guill wrote: »
    I think we can all agree that all forms of death are nope so maybe we could leave them out??

Id avoid most the internet if thats the case so...

Id avoid most the internet if thats the case so...

Bull****.

Also, we can have a perfectly disturbing thread without seeing people die.

• Advertisement

Guill wrote: »
    I think we can all agree that all forms of death are nope

Nope, I disagree :D

Re ball cutter fish: watched the documentary recently, it's crazy.

Advertisement