Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Predictions Thread 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 NinjaNinja

Surds haven't come up the past two years in Higher Maths. There's a high likelihood of encountering them this time round.

TL;DR: Expect square roots, people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EatRowSleep

With serious cramming starting know, im just thinking about what could come up. This is all i haave;

English: Sport (Olympics) or Social Media (due to their involvment in london riots last year) in essays or media or functional.

anybody anymore? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Hey :)
    Well I had my mocks at the end of Jan and to be honest, they were hard.
    I didnt fail anything but I was extremely dissapointed with my history result.
    My teacher reckons I was marked badly as i got 61% and in the Pres i got an A.
    Also, a girl out of my business class got 26%, went through the exam with our teacher and should have gotten 66%. Im unsure about the JC now, I find it hard to motivate myself to study when I realised how the examiners can get it so wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Hey :)
    Well I had my mocks at the end of Jan and to be honest, they were hard.
    I didnt fail anything but I was extremely dissapointed with my history result.
    My teacher reckons I was marked badly as i got 61% and in the Pres i got an A.
    Also, a girl out of my business class got 26%, went through the exam with our teacher and should have gotten 66%. Im unsure about the JC now, I find it hard to motivate myself to study when I realised how the examiners can get it so wrong!
    To be honest, I'm the very same, the mocks are supposed to tell you where you need to work, not where the examiner decided to just randomly take marks off.

It's so frustrating. I know I did poorly on the studied sections in English, yet got high marks in them. And did what I thought was a good Personal Writing and got marked really low.

It's just a bit demoralising and seems to confuse students. I know people will say "Oh, you always think you did better on some sections than you actually did, blah blah blah, but it's frustrating when you *know* you did c**p on something and get the opposite mark.

I'm going on class ranking for my results.

I get exactly what you mean!
    I know I did a really good People In history Question for history, one of them was class I had all the relevant information done and all years dates etc and yet i got 10 out of 20 and the Examiner said I needed the dates when they were there? I think that the examiners just want to finish there work ASAP and that really annoys me.
    I have completely lost motivation for the JC now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭iliketwixbars

I get exactly what you mean!
    I know I did a really good People In history Question for history, one of them was class I had all the relevant information done and all years dates etc and yet i got 10 out of 20 and the Examiner said I needed the dates when they were there? I think that the examiners just want to finish there work ASAP and that really annoys me.
    I have completely lost motivation for the JC now

Don't worry about **** marking in the pre. The junior cert correctors have much stricter guidelines: their marking is regularly checked by other correctors and they have to attend various conferences about the marking. My teacher also said that some scripts can be corrected up to three times Much more accurate and fair then the pres could ever hope to be. Don't let the pre's stop your motivation, its the junior cert that actually matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Pidge96

You'll lose half your marks for not using one of the given topics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Any history and geography predictions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Please feel free to post your predictions here.

Remember though, these are predictions, there is no certainty they will be correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭TadhgSk

My History teacher today told us he thinks the Reformation is going to come up for the source question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭IceCreamGirl

does anyone have any predictions on geography and english? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Hannahbanana97

Fiscal Treaty for cspe/business and then they were taking aerial photos in boyle co. Roscommon, so that could come in the geog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Lor1963

Olympics could come up in Irish and Carmina Burana hasn't been there the last few times music set A was up,so it's pretty likely to come up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Few sums in maths , be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ko3p

few theorems they said, be grand they said

Theorem:

The measures of the three angles in a triangle add up to 180 (last asked in 2008)

An exterior angle of a triangle equals the sum of the two interior opposite angles in measure (last asked in 2010, 2006)

Opposite sides and opposite angles of a parallelogram are respectively equal in measure (2009,2006)

A line through the centre of a circle, perpendicular to a chord, bisects the chord (2005, 2008)

If two triangles are equiangular, then the lengths of the corresponding sides are in proportion (2004, 2009)

Pythagoras' theorem (2006,2010)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭paddzdaman

I reckon that anyone not doing project maths that a histogram will come up since its the last year it can come up ( adjustments being made to it with project maths). Also a quadratic function the tingy with the box in algebra where given a side of it e.g. x-3 ( not the best english but cant think of what its called :D

In english for functional writing or media studies something about olympics could come up.

In geography rivers, fishing, urban functions and farming will come up i reckon :D

A love poem hasnt came up in english in a while!
    Whats everyones loves poems?
    Mine is The thickness of ice by Liz Loxley :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xfabgalx

The exam papers were made before all the fiscal treaty came to surface so be careful just remember when they were made?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Will anythin come up for the agricultural revolution????? I dont want to go near it. Also ENGLISH PAPER 2 PREDICTIONS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Bridcork

Hi Everyone,
    I was asked today would i be able to help one of my friends out for Irish. Seeing as there is very little time left I said that i didn't know. It would be great if one of ye could post the Prose and the Poetry that ye have covered in Irish. Any predictions welcome as well. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

For History Q5 I was thinking Reformation but then it came up in the Mocks so now I'm not so sure. It may be Revolutionary Movements I think. As long as its not Age Of Exploration, it's ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

Leinsterr wrote: »
    Will anythin come up for the agricultural revolution????? I dont want to go near it. Also ENGLISH PAPER 2 PREDICTIONS

I don't think any agricultural, transport or industrial revolutions will come up in any long questions as Q5 last year was Rural Ireland & Industrial Britain. But I'd say something like "a mine worker or a factory worker" will come up in People In History.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭paddzdaman

For History Q5 I was thinking Reformation but then it came up in the Mocks so now I'm not so sure. It may be Revolutionary Movements I think. As long as its not Age Of Exploration, it's ok.

I reckon that age of explorations might come up as a part A in question 6, probley reformation in Q5 hopefully :D

age of exploration came out in the mocks so i dont think it will come out in the junior cert

does anything think book reviews would come out? (for english)

does anything think book reviews would come out? (for english)

Could be book,movie,CD.Have a layout for one and you'll be grand.

a movie review came out for the mocks so do you think a review could come out again for the JC?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Pidge96

Irish History won't come up it was all over the 2011 paper
    Geography's very topical so any notable weather events that happened this year might come up, don't ask me which ones :P Earthquakes were all over the news in 2011 and what came up?

• Advertisement

a movie review came out for the mocks so do you think a review could come out again for the JC?

Maybe,I have one prepared :D

Advertisement