Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom ESOP payout 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There shouldn't be any more ESOP payouts. It's just glorified asset stripping. Eircom has slipped to €3.7B debt since privatisation and is charging among the highest line rental in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tunner

watty wrote: »
    There shouldn't be any more ESOP payouts. It's just glorified asset stripping. Eircom has slipped to €3.7B debt since privatisation and is charging among the highest line rental in the world.

Yes I read the article too and that prompted me to log onto ESOP. As regards line rental and call costs, they have always been expensive. They sell Tier 1 minutes with a 99.9% success rate

I was just wondering if anyone had heard a figure mentioned as I'm out of that company a while now.

Tunner

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I understand it is somewhere in the region of €1,800 - €2,500 per man, nowhere near the big payouts of €8 to €10k enjoyed years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

watty wrote: »
    I think they'll be giving out the vodafone shares they hold. They also have cash - about 100m or so I think. The question is whether they'll reinvest in eircom (to reduce the debt) or just distribute to the members (about 10k for members with a full allocation)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 agatha_53

Did anyone see indo today. If Denis o brien takes over eircom all our shares are wiped out:mad:

• Advertisement

agatha_53 wrote: »
    Did anyone see indo today. If Denis o brien takes over eircom all our shares are wiped out:mad:

No I didn't see it. How can that happen? Is it part of his offer?

35% of nothing is nothing. Of course it can happen, if you don't keep to the terms of your bond the creditors can take control of the company. They may decide to do it in partnership with DOB.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/digicel-bid-for-control-of-eircom-just-days-away-2923060.html

Except that even if Eircom were completely worthless, ESOP still has Vodafone shares.
    Yip, as I said above, + about 100m in cash from redeemed preference shares not distributed to the members.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

DOB has horrible Debts on his Caribbean Mobile.

Does anyone know how much a Vodafone share is worth? Trying to figure out whether it would be better to get a share very or sell. Looking for a figure for about 500 Vodafone shares.....

• Advertisement

Last trade I saw was 1.72 sterling
    That gives a value of about £860
    Converting to euro at http://www.irishtimes.com/business/exchangerates.html now gives a value of approx €998

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭horse7

When does esop finish.

Got the news from esop,will be finished by march 2014(but could be before that) .

What does that mean for us? Will shares be appropriated again before then? I left Eircom some years back but have 60% allocation

horse7 wrote: »
    Got the news from esop,will be finished by march 2014(but could be before that) .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kath12

as most members of esop are now retired, it would make sense to pay out the remainder of their shares, if we will have no input into the new format of eircom

A little birdy has it there will be some good news in june or july which should tie up everything.

horse7 wrote: »
    A little birdy has it there will be some good news in june or july which should tie up everything.
    Oh what did you hear? That if the bondholders take control Esop will wind itself up and distribute its assets?

Some rumours on FB that the esop may wind up this year and disburse it's assets in June and December, 7k in June and about 8k (??) in December to those with a full allocation

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Ed9

hi, Where do you guys get your informatiom and sounds good and would make sense to pay and wind up once and for all.

Ed9 wrote: »
    hi, Where do you guys get your informatiom and sounds good and would make sense to pay and wind up once and for all.

Some discussion on FB (reg req.)
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/ESOP-cheques/181476588420
    +
    various people

• Advertisement

Any new updates?

Anyone hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

tunner wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything?

yes under the terms of the examinership the ESOT will be wiped out

bealtine wrote: »
    yes under the terms of the examinership the ESOT will be wiped out
    The 35% shareholding the Esot have will be wiped out. My understanding is that ESOT will then distribute its remaining assets ( Vodafone shares, Preference Shares (ring-fenced) and cash on hand) to members - probably about 13k for the members with a max allocation.

Has there been a mention of when that will be issued to us??

They should just cash in the chips and pay the members in July before something else goes pear shaped?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭whitleydonal

kath12 wrote: »
    as most members of esop are now retired, it would make sense to pay out the remainder of their shares, if we will have no input into the new format of eircom

The ESOP as shareholders are wiped out when the scheme of arrangements are approved by the high court. When the esop joined with STT 98 million euros worth of preference shares were ring fenced in a trust that could not be touched by any creditors and about 27 million euros worth of vodafone shares. When the high court process is complete the ESOP will be obliged to wind up as the preference shares will be converted to cash and as such must be distributed to participants within twelve months in accordance with the deed of trust. What all that adds up to is a distribution of just over one maximum payout if you have a full allocation. The timing and amounts will be up to the trustees but there is no reason why a maximum payment could not be made immediately.

maybe we could have a virtual esop like the ESB

Would the 3 Mobile bid make any difference to EOSP shares good or bad?

Rgds

• Advertisement

Ed9 wrote: »
    Would the 3 Mobile bid make any difference to EOSP shares good or bad?

Rgds

No as the scheme of arrangements requires the share holders second lien lenders and FRN holders to be hit or wiped out to be the value of the scheme of arrangements will remove about 1.8 billion from the balance sheet so the new owner will only want the company withe the shareholders removed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement