Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Headshot wrote: »
    I followed on on that

Ireland & N. Ireland is really dodgy. We're the new Italy lol

hopefully we do it better then them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Doing a bit of a long shot treble tonight

Sevilla
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Padova

works out at 11.4

Sevilla's new coach has an ultimatum. Get into the European places and keep the job. Even a 1-0 win tonight gets them up to 9th.

Frankfurt are one of the best away teams in 2.Bundesliga and in decent form too.

That leaves Padova who are playing a Vicenza side who haven't won in 12 games home or away.

It's a long shot but not beyond the realms of possibility!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

user2011 wrote: »
    Half your stake will win (-1.5) the other half will be pushed (-2).

Cheers, that's what I figured but wasn't 100%.

Lens/Nantes looks a nailed on draw to me, 2/1 so having a bit of that. Also draw/draw @ 7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Polar101

I was thinking of over 3.5 goals in Man Utd - Fulham, any opinions? I'm thinking it could easily end 3-1 or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Polar101 wrote: »
    I was thinking of over 3.5 goals in Man Utd - Fulham, any opinions? I'm thinking it could easily end 3-1 or something like that.

Price ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Double:
    United to score 3 or more evens
    Braga 2/7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Polar101

Price ?

Looks like I can get 2.44. I think I'll pass, none of Man U's home games this year in the league have had more than 3 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Had a peculiar dream last night in which Rooney missed a peno. Putting a €5 at 9/1. (man u to miss a pen).
    Daft I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Gonna lump on United -2 :o Bit of history between the pair at Old Trafford...

Utd 2-0
    Utd 3-0
    Utd 3-0
    Utd 2-0
    Utd 5-1
    Utd 4-2
    Utd 1-0

United beat thrashed Fulham 5-0 at the Cottage earlier this season
    No major injuries for United apart from Vida, so Rooney and co will be raring to go
    United know they can reel in City's goal difference tonight. City currently 4 ahead
    United have scored 2.8 goals on average at home in the League this season
    Fulham have the worst record on the road in the League this season (joint with QPR and Wolves)

Getting 2.70 on the -2 handicap for United anyway. G'luck to anyone who backs it, but personally it looks like a real given to me. General feelings aside, you have to imagine Fergie will have them launching at Fulham for the 90 minutes considering City's screw up?? Go top on points and goal difference....

Hon the bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

treble:
    Man Utd -1
    Nomme Kalju (Estonian league)
    Barcelona
    @ 3.07

btw, great odds on Metalist Kharkiv DNB @ 2.70 in the Europa League against Sporting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Lumped on United to win both halves, United -1 and United -2. Will also prob throw a few bob on United to score both halves and maybe something small on Utd -3. As you can see, I've really high hopes for Fulham tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

100 on man utd -1 at 8/13
    50 on man utd -2 at 6/4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

100 on man utd -1 at 8/13
    50 on man utd -2 at 6/4

Can't see the value here. If your first bet comes in & your second doesn't you lose any profit so both have to come in. Would you not be better so to just go with the -2 if you think it will come in?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭useurename

real madrid -1 at 5/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Taking that PP special on Rooney 2 or more goals @ 10/3. Very good price considering most bookies have him under 2/1.

Also a couple quid on Rooney 1st scorer United 3-0 win @ 14/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Also a couple quid on Rooney 1st scorer United 3-0 win @ 14/1

Was very interested in that exact bet but my aversion to scorecasts put me off in the end. Good luck!

Town and country are on this Utd -1 Braga -1 double tonight, better come in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Was very interested in that exact bet but my aversion to scorecasts put me off in the end. Good luck!

Ha normally stay away too but normally get at least one scorecast up every year. Hopefully the luck is in tonight:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Taking that PP special on Rooney 2 or more goals @ 10/3. Very good price considering most bookies have him under 2/1.

Took this myself with 30 euro. Seems peculiar to me the odds for this are so high in the enhanced special considering PP have Rooney to score 2 or more @ 17/10 outside of the special.

Their powerplays usually consist of bets that look favourable but in the end they just miss out. I'm guessing somebody's well paid to make the powerplays look attractive but with this one tonight I can't see any flaws with betting big? Even if it doesn't come off, it seems a great value bet, too good to be true nearly.

That leaves me wondering.. Does Rooney have some injury that will prevent him playing the full 90 minutes? Or is there something else I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

went for utd -2 also at 6/4

just cant take 8/13 on -1

• Advertisement

Braga have been ahead at HT in 8 of their 11 home games this season. Academica have been behind in 5 of their 11 away games this season. Braga are 10/11 to be winning at HT.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Them Paddy power specials have cost me a fair bit over the last few weeks so im staying away :pac:

Saying that id imagine as soon as i ignore it it will happen!!

Finding it hard to see what kind of value bets are in the United match tonight because im unsure over weather its worth putting my money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Thing is lads that Rooney played in an AM role last week and set up most of utds 5 goals and got man of the match. He didn't get any and to be honest didn't look like getting. I think paddy power are being very smart and I think he will play an AM role again tonight and Hernandez and Welback up front. That's my thoughts on it so I recommend waiting til the line ups are confirmed and if he plays up front then is get on otherwise might be better off to leave it. Only my opinion on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Any news on the utd team

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Thing is lads that Rooney played in an AM role last week and set up most of utds 5 goals and got man of the match. He didn't get any and to be honest didn't look like getting. I think paddy power are being very smart and I think he will play an AM role again tonight and Hernandez and Welback up front. That's my thoughts on it so I recommend waiting til the line ups are confirmed and if he plays up front then is get on otherwise might be better off to leave it. Only my opinion on it though.

Was thinking same myself which is why im doubting him getting a few tonight.

United to win 3-0 at 7/1 is nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Utd line up

De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Young, Rooney, Welbeck

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

United have kept 7 clean sheets at home this season and Fulham's away goal scoring record is awful, they average 0.57 goals per game away from home.

At home United have scored 12 first half goals compared with 27 second half goals. Expect them to win with a clean sheet so I reckon

Second Half Handicap Man Utd (-1.0) 7/4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Fulham: Schwarzer, Kelly, JA Riise, Hangeland, Hughes, Diarra, Dempsey, Pogrebniak, Duff, Frei, Dembele.

Diarra is 3/1 to be shown a card, A good price for a defensive mid against utd

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is Dempsey up front?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Headshot wrote: »
    Is Dempsey up front?

Id say Dembele and Pog will be the 2 strikers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement