Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

APOEL DNB (vs Lyon on Wednesday) @ 2.05 looks a great bet.

APOEL have been very strong at home in Europe this season, they managed to beat Zenit and Porto, and they also beat Wisla Krakow 3-1 after losing 1-0 in Poland (APOEL lost 1-0 in Lyon...)

Lyon are on a very bad run, they lost at home vs Caen (very average team), they lost away to Bordeaux, they were 4-2 up vs PSG at home and the game ended 4-4, and this weekend they lost 2-0 away to Nancy (very poor team)

well it was a great bet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

So who betted on Messi to bag 5 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

manual_man wrote: »
    So who betted on Messi to bag 5 :o

6 unfortunately. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

can ya do that?? goes to a hatrick max on 365

seanhynes wrote: »
    can ya do that?? goes to a hatrick max on 365

Lol have no idea. Became the first do it in Champions League history anyway. To think he's still only 24

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lyon against Lille on Saturday and after tonights losing and playing 120mins

The smart bet could be Lille 1/2 double chance Lille and 1/1 DNB

somthing to think about

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Well in APOEL! :)

_____

Boca Juniors Win to Nil @ 13/8

Boca 0-0 @ 7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Messi should just have his own market. Ridiculous player

Boca Juniors Win to Nil @ 13/8

Boca 0-0 @ 7/1

OK, gonna follow this.

Got slightly better prices on bet365, 0-0 @ 8/1, win to nil @ 7/4.

Messi should just have his own market. Ridiculous player

messi365?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

shocksy wrote: »
    Sizeable stake on Bayer Leverkusen to score 1 or more goals at 11/10

Hugely overpriced.

Well that was very close :pac::pac:

Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Europa League .How about wins for Valencia , Atletico Madrid , Man Utd , Metalist , Man City .

Any opinions or team news ?

Twente are such a juicy bet for tomorrow. They are around 11/10 and Schalke have a few injury problems, Twente just went to PSV at the weekend and thumped them 6-2, confidence is sure to be sky high.

I wouldn't touch Man Utd tomorrow, I strongly advise people to stay well clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

A Twente, Man City double gets about 3.8. Looks great for tomorrow.

I like Metalist but Olympiakos have won each of their last 8 games keeping a clean sheet in each, they're in great form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Twente are such a juicy bet for tomorrow. They are around 11/10 and Schalke have a few injury problems, Twente just went to PSV at the weekend and thumped them 6-2, confidence is sure to be sky high.

Is Huntelaar fit? Twente look an excellent bet but I'd be much more confident if Huntelaar was out of the equation.

Metalist look good value at 9/10 also. Unbeaten in Europe this year against an Olympiakos side who are notoriously poor travellers.

Huntelaar is confirmed out
    The bad news for Schalke is that Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has not recovered sufficiently from the concussion he sustained on international duty against England. Benedikt Howedes picked up a thigh injury in the course of the weekend's clash with Freiburg, and will be missing from the defence, along with Christoph Metzelder, who has a hamstring problem.

Jefferson Farfan is suspended for this match for accumulation of yellow cards, while Teemu Pukki in cup-tied. Lewis Holtby has been training with the club's youth ranks, but it is unclear whether the 21-year-old will be fit to start the match.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/match/77150/twente-vs-schalke-04/preview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Small treble tomorrow on Metalist, Twente and Valencia

Will be doing a few bets though so will hopefully have time to put up what I do

Sporting vs Man City - Over 5.5 cards @ 11/10. The Spanish ref in charge is pretty card happy and seems to like showing the red version which is nice.

http://uk.soccerway.com/referees/carlos-velasco-carballo/45077/

Last time City were in Portugal which was in the last round against Porto they racked up 6 bookings by themselves. Sporting themselves have 10 bookings at home in the EL thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Noticed el loco was having a bit of success with his usual boca bets so checked them out and I see why!

Using last nights winnings:

Boca 0-0 flum @ 7/1 small bet
    Boca to win to nil @ 13/8 small bet

Fingers crossed I don't jinx it!

There's always next time! :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    There's always next time! :rolleyes:

Can I blame you? :pac: kidding

First time in absolute ages they've let me down, probably I underestimated Fluminese somewhat even if they were the away side.

_____

Placed a couple of days back, but I've gone big on Twente @ 5/4. Gonna leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Go for it ;)

After a bad day over all yesterday I just did 2 doubles this morning:

Twente and At Madrid

Valencia and Metalist

Did one treble in the bookies last weekend of:

Utd, City and Valencia for tonight

And one stupid €1 Accumalator..

So thats my pockets zipped until the weekend! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Having an eye on Godoy Cruz - Atletico Nacional Medellin in the Copa Libetadores (09-09-2012 00.45 kick off)
    3rd match in the group for both.

Atletico won their first 2 against U de Chile (at home 2-0) and Penarol (away 4-0)
    Godoy won at home 1-0 vs Penarol and got spanked away to U de Chile,5-1

21/10 for the away win looks delicious since a win for Medellin will mean qualification for the next round unless a miracle will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Schism wrote: »
    A Twente, Man City double gets about 3.8. Looks great for tomorrow.

I like Metalist but Olympiakos have won each of their last 8 games keeping a clean sheet in each, they're in great form.

Olympiakos also lost away to Arsenal and Dortmund, 2 good, technical sides. Metalist play Barcelona-like football, they're a joy to watch, I think they're gonna win the Europa League this year or at least come close to winning it.

I've gone big on Metalist, hopefully they won't let me down.

edit: noooooooo, the odds on Metalist have just gone up, that doesn't bode well for my bet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

This looks tempting, DNB double @ evens

FC Twente 1/2
    Metalist Kharkiv 4/9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Olympiakos also lost away to Arsenal and Dortmund, 2 good, technical sides. Metalist play Barcelona-like football, they're a joy to watch, I think they're gonna win the Europa League this year or at least come close to winning it.

I've gone big on Metalist, hopefully they won't let me down.

edit: noooooooo, the odds on Metalist have just gone up, that doesn't bode well for my bet :(

I like Metalist too, I've been quite impressed by them and they should be too much for Olympiakos especially at home. I'm just a bit wary that Olympiakos are in good form and if they're ever going to nick an away win today's the day for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jackohearts

Got the treble up last night so first of the day is

Catania
    Parma
    Juventus

€10 Treble Win @ 9.8/1 (approx)

Then one for tonight

Tottenham Win
    Over 11 corners
    and over 30points - card index

€20 @ 5/1

Lets see what happens....

^^^^
    Well that did not work very well. Managed to claw some back by betting on Barca to score the next goal for the 4th, 5th and 6th goals

Manchester double tonight,
    Both teams at -1

Maybe a bigger accum too but musn't be greedy

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

On the phone, can someone have a quick look at the ladbrokes quatro bets as i think both games will go over and there should be a lot of added value

man utd and over 2.5

twente and over 2.5

Any opinions on over 2.5 goals in the standard liege game. Had a quick look in powers and they are going 11/10.

Im trying to find odds on Javi Martinez to pick up a booking tonight for Bilbao, can't find this market. If anyone does can you please post it here. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Im trying to find odds on Javi Martinez to pick up a booking tonight for Bilbao, can't find this market. If anyone does can you please post it here. Thanks.
    try oddschecker.com

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement