Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2012 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MaKay182

could anyone tell me what the short questions are for the geog hl deb paper? the spreadsheet is abit vague for the short questions! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

hey are u sure this was deb?? on the spreadsheet there seems to be different qs aswell as these and im really confused have mocks in a week and seriously stresed over business and i have deb paper
    Yes, that was the HL DEB paper, I did that one too.
    by nay chance did u do german, business, geography deb HL? especially business and geog and german grammar....anything at all if u did these...if not thanks anyway!:)
    Someone else told you the business paper and I don't do German or geography.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭dovahkiin

Examcraft Hl maths anyone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 GrainneOS

I dont know, i think mocks are important because they give you practice on how take the exam. i'm scared for my Chem results but think i did ok on the english...cant wait to find out! eeeeeeeee:p how did ye get on with yer mocks??
    Togepi wrote: »
    Mocks are fairly useless. The correcting is brutal, they mark them way too easily. They're grand for getting used to timing and stuff but that's it really. Hopefully I'll remember to not add up my points this year so I don't delude myself. (Last year some of our papers had to be recorrected, they were marked insanely easily the first time round.)

As pointless as they are, they're of even less value if you know what's coming up. You won't know for the Leaving, so there's not much point in kidding yourself for the mocks. So what if you don't do too well, they're mocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sinz94

HeaneyBabe wrote: »
    Long Questions:
    Q.1 OS maps, Folding and Faulting and A Karst Region. (Know a feature of a karst region too)
    Q.2 River Processes (Know mature and old stage of river), Landform development (by finding it on the map and giving a grid reference for it and then talking about the formation) and How Humans interfere with river processes.
    Q.3 Plate Tectonics, Weathering (free thaw, hydrolisis and something else - choose one) and then how humans interfere with rock cycle.
    Q. 4 Map skills, Pop distribution and Urban Regions.
    Q.5 Agriculture in an irish region and impact of EU enlargement on a member state.
    Q.6 Comparing secondary activities in Two european regions and then the concept of a region and how it is definied.
    Overpopulation and Migration come up together. (Causes and effects of overpop and impacts on donor and recipient country for migration)

Geoecology Q's were:
    - Human activities that effect the soil characteristics.
    - General composition and characteristics of one soil type.
    - Climate and how it afftects characteristics of biome.
    And in Question 5 what is the A part? And what came up in
    map skills?
    And have you any idea what the economic elective questions were? Thanks so much you are a lifesaver!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Hellothereu

Mark1724 wrote: »
    anyone got HL DEB business??? have exam tomorrow.

did u find out ive been goin by speadsheet and now i see its wrong! deb business hl any help seriousl appreciated soo stressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sean161

Could someone please send me th Geography higher level DEB paper!? :) PLEASE IN NEED OF HELP!! OR can someone tell me exactly whats on Q2 and Q6 of the paper? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 murfmegan

did u find out ive been goin by speadsheet and now i see its wrong! deb business hl any help seriousl appreciated soo stressed

Hello, im after being following DEB HL business spreadsheet too and im so stressed have the exam monday did you find out what was actually on it?

murfmegan wrote: »
    Hello, im after being following DEB HL business spreadsheet too and im so stressed have the exam monday did you find out what was actually on it?

exam is actualy thurs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

Business tomorow , anyone got an update on the business paper, is the one in the spreadsheet not correct??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 murfmegan

zinfandel wrote: »
    Business tomorow , anyone got an update on the business paper, is the one in the spreadsheet not correct??

im trying to find that out too. the questions say two different things and i dunno which is right:/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gethepoints

murfmegan wrote: »
    im trying to find that out too. the questions say two different things and i dunno which is right:/

I think it is fake.(The first set of long q's given on the spreadsheet)

Why? The questions are all jumbled up.
    In Q1 part b, McGregor's theory X is there, take note this is in PART 1 of SECTION 3. BUT .. McGregor is supposed to be in PART 2 of SECTION 3.

Then, in Q1 part c, Stock and Quality control is asked. This is in the wrong place again as it's supposed to be in PART 2, SECTION 3.

If you continue reading the rest of the questions, they continue to be in wrong places.

I think the person who made that list is taking the mickey out of all of us. :mad:

Please READ THE FIRST POST in this thread!! - Mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bbzlilkim

Hi, I was just wondering if anybody can give me a hand with this stupid comparative study thing. The 3 texts that I am doing are Girl with A pearl earring by tracy chevalier, Hamlet by Shakespeare and inside im dancing by damien O' Donnell. I am getting frustrated with it. I know what I am ought to write as the main body and whatnot but I just cant seem to start it, like I have got and Introduction and beginning but I just can get my answer to flow with my beginning. HELP.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sean161

Higer level Maths DEB or Geography DEB papers please??!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 easpa_ciall

Orlie.ie wrote: »
    Please if anybody has a copy for the Hl examcraft irish paper 2 could you please tell me the pros & filiocht roghnach questions please:(
    Hope you see this but did you by any chance get an answer to your question ? Would you mind telling me if you did please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 easpa_ciall

Sophiiiieee i would absolutly love for you to send me the hl DEB geography paper :) thank you so much

would really truly appreciate if you could maybe pass on the irish pros/filliocht roghnach questions . . . please ?

I think it is fake.(The first set of long q's given on the spreadsheet)

Why? The questions are all jumbled up.
    In Q1 part b, McGregor's theory X is there, take note this is in PART 1 of SECTION 3. BUT .. McGregor is supposed to be in PART 2 of SECTION 3.

Then, in Q1 part c, Stock and Quality control is asked. This is in the wrong place again as it's supposed to be in PART 2, SECTION 3.

If you continue reading the rest of the questions, they continue to be in wrong places.

I think the person who made that list is taking the mickey out of all of us. :mad:

Please READ THE FIRST POST in this thread!! - Mod.

so can any1 tell me please wat the actual qs for deb business are ill do anything im so stressed

• Registered Users Posts: 19 basti2

Anyone have any hints for HL Engineering DEB paper ???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AyeeBoyy

Hello :D
    So i've been flat out studying Irish (HL) for the past week Ahhhh!
    I was planning on leaving out Oisín i dTír na nÓg for the pros and an spalpín fanach in the poetry (because trhey're long and hard :L) please help lil old me :D x

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭banana123

AyeeBoyy wrote: »
    Hello :D
    So i've been flat out studying Irish (HL) for the past week Ahhhh!
    I was planning on leaving out Oisín i dTír na nÓg for the pros and an spalpín fanach in the poetry (because trhey're long and hard :L) please help lil old me :D x
    you'll be grand dooing that if you have examcraft :)

do you have any done yet? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Thank you :D no not yet i'm starting on Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

My Mocks are thankfully finished since last Friday. I had Examcraft HL Business this time last week and here are some spoilers (note I only have spoilers for the ABQ and Q. 2, 3, 4, 7 that I did. Do not ask me any other questions as I don't remember them, there's bits and pieces of Q's I did missing too in this post as I was in such a rush to do the paper I honestly cannot remember half my questions :/

Anyway here's what I have for Examcraft HL Business

ABQ:
    Types of Insurance, Importance of a Business Plan, Conduct a Business Plan, Implications for Expansion

Q.2:
    Importance of Teritary/Services Industry to the Irish Economy, Contrast the importance of Indigenous firms/Transnationals in the Irish Economy, define Ethical Business Practice, decribe how a business can become more ethically and socially responsible to 2 of their shareholders.

Q.3:
    Significance of International Trade, Explain an EU Regulation, Describe the Decision making process of the E.U.

Q.4:
    Benefits of TQM to a firm (15) , 30 marks for Ratios (GP, Current Ratio, Quick ratio, Return on Capital Employed) and Commenting on the trends, there was another part to the Q and it's driving me mad but I cannot think of it!

Q.7:
    Developmental process of a good/service (25m), cannot remember parts B+C though so sorry! EDIT: I think there was something about benefits of expansion in here too, not 100% though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DietCoke94

Hello! I'm doing OL Irish and I'm not sure what company we had...We did the tape already and there was something about
    drugs/ drug dealers
    on the last question. In need of an urgent reply thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 D.murphy

Hi I have no idea for the mocks and wud appreciate hints from both DEB and examcraft paper on , physics, biology, Irish and history!! All HL. Please respond thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DietCoke94

D.murphy wrote: »
    Hi I have no idea for the mocks and wud appreciate hints from both DEB and examcraft paper on , physics, biology, Irish and history!! All HL. Please respond thanks!!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AguQN1lPsoGFdHdZMzZDNmdZdFZwdFFxazI3N2RNa2c&toomany=true#gid=0

Rusheee wrote: »
    Tonyyy17 wrote: »
    I have my mocks starting Friday so if anyone could give me some help as to whats coming up in the following subjects it would be much appreciated!
    English P1 & P2 [H]
    Geography [H]
    DCG [H]
    Construction Studies [H]
    Agricultural Science [H]
    LCVP [C]

Once I finish my mocks I will post all these papers up if anyone wants them :)

Would you post them papers please it would be a massive help thanks

Did u find out what was on construction papers?

DietCoke94 wrote: »
    D.murphy wrote: »
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AguQN1lPsoGFdHdZMzZDNmdZdFZwdFFxazI3N2RNa2c&toomany=true#gid=0[/Quote

You my friend are a saviour!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

+1

Well done to whoever put that together!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭banana123

anyone know the exact wording of the
    heaney
    question on english paper 2 examcraft? can answer any questions on acc,irish and french in return :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lcxox

Does anyone know what were the exact questions on
    urban housing, over population and migration
    on the DEB HL GEOGRAPHY paper?
    and what was question 6(a) about? thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement