Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

430395_10150580571249464_719354463_8541481_2035749701_n.jpg

Should weight only a few hundred kilos.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Jawgap wrote: »

There's a well known member of this forum who's been advocating the "cake for breakfast" diet for years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Did you win?

Of course not. Its a horse (albeit a piebald one).
    I got talking to them at a railway level crossing across from Intel in Leixlip, and they said they always saw me and asked was I training.

I told them I was training for a big race, so one of them suggested that when the barriers went up they would race me and give me some sort of a headstart.

the caught me on a short rise.

It was fun, until I realised that a horse and trap were creeping up on my rear wheel and I could be run over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

There's a well known member of this forum who's been advocating the "cake for breakfast" diet for years now.

I am not sure who, but I for one fully endorse this diet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Just did my first 12km commute. Big mistake doing it hungover, nearly puked at side of the road twice. Oh and cycling uphill is harder than it looks.

Looking forward to the mostly downhill commute home though!

I am very tempted..

192079.jpg

talking about confidence huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    Just did my first 12km commute. Big mistake doing it hungover, nearly puked at side of the road twice. Oh and cycling uphill is harder than it looks.

Congratulations you. How long did it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Well done and fair play for sticking with it, despite the urge to puke!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭furiousox

Wow, deja vu! :eek:
    I used to own this bike, sold it about 8 years ago.
    I recognise (among other things) the sun damage to the top tube (pic 2)
    Weird seeing it again after all these years!

http://www.buyandsell.ie/search/for-sale/sports-and-leisure/cork/mavic/look-full-carbon-fibre-road-bike#

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

nearly puked at side of the road twice. Oh and cycling uphill is harder than it looks.
    Dont worry. Every time I go up a hill I feel like puking.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Jawgap wrote: »

I presume it doesn't have to be chocolate......
    Raspberry&Lemon Frangipane tart (but only if you finish your Rice Krispies), anyone joining me?

6848834625_289c2c9989.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Raspberry&Lemon Frangipane tart (but only if you finish your Rice Krispies), anyone joining me?

Remember, if you are looking for people to buy you presents, be sure to leave lots of obvious hints:

22725d1064259085-father-ted-ted-matador.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

This needs a proper scientific study - any volunteers to go in the control group:)

cdaly_ wrote: »

Congratulations you. How long did it take?

Going in took just under an hour, but a lot of that's uphill, had to stop twice and went to a garage for water. Took about 35mins coming home.

Aiming for 30mins in 20mins home.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's definitely achieveable if you've very few traffic lights to contend with. My commute is just over 10km and the absolute best times I've managed to achieve are 18.5 mins downhill and 24.5 uphill (homeward). Both of them with tailwinds at quiet times and getting a decent run of lights. Typical times are 23 and 32 minutes. If there were no traffic lights I could realistically do the inbound trip under 19 minutes every time and the outbound trip about 23 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭witty username

anyone want a £10 CRC online voucher, valid for 2 weeks from yesterday? First call and i'll pm you the code.

I'll take it?

2547801_700b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭witty username

I'll take it?

just PM'd you there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

speciliazed just another trek when it comes down to it, bigger than just the bike:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/02/news/david-vs-goliath_206046

192309.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

RT66 wrote: »

Ideas forming, greatest bit of modern day parenting I have seen in awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

"In America’s rough streets, there are four forms of currency—cash, sex, drugs, and bicycles."

Interesting article about bike theft:

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/biking/Who-Pinched-My-Ride.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

@ RobFowl, did u see the match today? :-)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,662 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

@ RobFowl, did u see the match today? :-)
    There are quite a few Liverpool fans on the forum - only the likes of Rob and morana have come out of the closet though....;)

Are you a United fan Bob?

I have a dig bick. You this read wrong.You also read that wrong. That awkward when you read that wrong. You also said "moment" after awkward. This is awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

AstraMonti wrote: »

You wha'?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Holyboy wrote: »
    You wha'?

Diggus Bickus

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement