Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snow patrol The 02 20/21 Jan 2012

Options
  • 23-10-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey-anyone know if there are tickets available for this gig still? Not available on ticketmaster.ie but the o2 website doesnt say sold out.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

It appears both dates have sold out.

Seems like I won't be seeing Snow Patrol this time around, all the more reason for me to bag an Oxegen 2k12 ticket:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Anyone know who the support acts are. Going on the 20th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Everything Everything are doing the whole tour, I think the opening slot changes every night, I know Rams Pocket Radio are doing the 21st (brilliant band, check them out anyone going that date).

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Are the Belfast gigs sold out too?

Wonder if they'll play T Vital this year too.

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Are the Belfast gigs sold out too?

Wonder if they'll play T Vital this year too.

There's a handful of tickets available for the third night. You'd have to think they're favourites to play Vital with the new album being out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

any clues on the setlist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

A limited number of production seats went back on sale. I managed to get 2 for the Friday night which seemed to be the last ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

karaokeman wrote: »
    It appears both dates have sold out.

Seems like I won't be seeing Snow Patrol this time around, all the more reason for me to bag an Oxegen 2k12 ticket:D.

You know there is no Oxegen this year , right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Stage times etc etc for Friday AND Saturday night made available earlier on music scene website.

http://musicscene.ie/2012/01/stage-times-for-snow-patrol-live-at-the-o2-dublin-january-2012-revealed/

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Can't wait for this, heading to the gig sat night, gonna be made even better because its my birthday as well ;) hope someone who goes tomorrow night drops in with a full report on sat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Can't wait for this, heading to the gig sat night, gonna be made even better because its my birthday as well ;) hope someone who goes tomorrow night drops in with a full report on sat.

Did everybody hear the good news that the Saturday night crowd will be treated to an additional support act!!!!! Great news!!!!

Released by Gary on the Snow Patrol facebook page last night!!!

http://icanhover.tumblr.com/post/16078763565/tour-and-guests?ref=nf

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

are the support act Everything everthing any good? not going to travel up early from carlow if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rainraingoaway

Hey all

Was just wondering will Snow Patrol actually appear at this ? or is it more of a " we're using there name but there not gonna be here kinda thing "

Going to the gig in the o2 on Saturday so would be fun to go to an after party if they would be there but if not wouldn't bother like .

Cheers :D:D

Links below
    http://www.facebook.com/thegrandsocialdublin?v=wall

http://entertainment.ie/event/Clubbing/The-Grand-Social/Exclusive-Snow-Patrol-Aftershow-Party/2613830.htm

http://www.tickets.ie/Listing.aspx/Venue?id=253&ViewType=Info

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004826A0E1587B?artistid=903408&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

http://www.thegrandsocial.ie/event/nicky-siano

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ask on the bands official website/FB to see if they're involved, it could be just some chancers trying to make on the bands name, it has been known.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Any one know what time SP are on stage tonight?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have to say it was one hell of a gig , nearly 2 hours . Great start to my gig year :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Super gig last night.
    Great lighting and sound. Would love to go again tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Anyone notice the article in the Irish Times today said the gig was in the Olympia?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Great gig last night :D
    Hadn't had much chance to listen to the new stuff with my mountain of college work, but I loved it. Plus Gary Lightbody is hilarious!

I'd seen them once before (supporting U2 in Barcelona) but that was a totally different gig (I was waaaay up in the stands that time and they were playing to a half-empty stadium, still really enjoyed their set though). Last night was so much fun, was about 6 rows from the front. Lights were amazing too, though the dry ice ruined the few photos I took :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nskelton

Anyone know what time snow patrol came on at last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Great performance by the band tonight & crowd responded really well.

Here's a clip in case anyone is interested..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Definitely the song of the night above.

Overall verdict: Lame. Morphed into mainstream.

Vast sways of seated, sedate spectators.

Started around 9ish, didn't get going til around 10.10, break at 10.30, then the encore. Great set-up with interactive backdrop. GL rabbitting on between almost every song running down the minutes - the whole 'Dublin in the best' thing; Thanks to 'All and Sundry' who make my life/our lives...............cue individual rounds of appluase for 5 individuals by The Masses; This is a song for You cos you made me smile, and for You cos it's your birthday, and for You cos you're my mother etc. etc. Some ridiculous segment where he had the 'girls' sing one line after him, followed by the 'boys' x 5 times. Tick tock, tick tock............

Had a great female singer with him for a couple of tracks (can't recall name), thou you'd be forgiven for closing you eyes and thinking they were 'Deacon Blue' reincarnated.

Few more clips for anyone interested....

Last one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

They announced last night they'd be back in Ireland very soon. Must be a summer gig. Slane or Phoenix Park?

Had a great female singer with him for a couple of tracks (can't recall name)

Wasn't there but they've been using Shauna lately - lead singer of Silhouette.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Fantastic gig last night.
    I was down the back and crowd were great back there, right with them from the start.
    Run was definitely the highlight of the night. Everyone seemed to be singing along.

Wasn't there but they've been using Shauna lately - lead singer of Silhouette.

You're correct - it was Shauna Tohill

• Registered Users Posts: 16 alisonl

6 of us, middle of the middle tier. Thought it was crap at worst, mediocre at best. Easily 25 minutes of crowd bantering. Who wants to know that the drummers sister is there? The bass guitarist's brother? And the lead singer's mum? Get the drift?! What other artist has asked thousands of people to give clapping kudos to a string of people? Bizarre. The incessant pandering to the Dublin crowd is patronizing.

New songs weak and weary, romantic drivel mostly. Maybe there's a reason 75%+ of the crowd were couples (and that's not being generous).

Don't be fooled by isolated clips. Given the atmosphere over 2 hours of vast sways of patrons stuck to their seats, you missed nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Personally i think the new songs sound brilliant live especially Fallen Empire

Advertisement