Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Halogen Oven - Sunday Next €39.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Forgot to mention. even though it says Delta make, it appears physically identical to to the JML, so would assume the same Chinese manufacturer

And this might be useful recipe book

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

any suggestions as what to use for a heat resistant board that might be lying around the house or cheap in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

got one of these today fairly impressed even though I havn't used it yet, went to Aldi Sandyford and it looked like they were out of stock so I asked one of the lads that works there had he any left and he went in the back and got one for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

None in Finglas or Santry. Anyone know of availability in Dublin stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Is it ok to use this on an ordinary worktop or will the heat eventually damage and lift it.

It hasn't damaged mine at all.

Do you leave the bowl on the plastic stand during cooking.[/QUOTE]

Yep you leave it on the stand, the stand doesn't get hot so I presume the worktop would be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Tayla wrote: »
    It hasn't damaged mine at all.

Do you leave the bowl on the plastic stand during cooking.

Yep you leave it on the stand, the stand doesn't get hot so I presume the worktop would be fine.

thanks Tayla, just had another look at the video and see u cook on the stand though the booklet didn't make that clear.

Can't wait to have a go with this tomorrow:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

We cooked a 2kg chicken yesterday, first 50 minutes lying on it's breast and second 50 minutes with breast facing up.
    It was perfect, best chicken we've even cooked, real "roast" all over tan.
    Threw in a couple of spuds covered in olive oil and they were yum too.

Popped into local Dunnes today, what was a full stock on Saturday morning is now bare shelf.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

wil wrote: »
    Why????
    Not many wagon trains in subsubsub-tropical Eire.

OT
    Good thing about this unit over JML/Argos/Dunnes is the 3 year warranty.

Wanderly Wagons only !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

Creamsoda wrote: »
    How would you smoke meats in this?

This thread is appealing to culinary gadgetistas myself included. Since they probably all have ovens already suggesting an alternative gadget.

Smoke stuff : http://www.google.com/products/catalog?oe=UTF-8&gfns=1&q=water+smoker&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=12319074734665382107&sa=X&ei=o6cUT-WVNonIhAfiuvywAg&ved=0CFYQ8gIwAQ

Dehydrate Stuff: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=food+dehydrator&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=899864402346182355&sa=X&ei=-acUT_e1GpSDhQe0roDACA&ved=0CLMBEOUNMAM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

After much after much toing and froing I ordered the Andrew James halogen oven from Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andrew-James-Premium-Replaceable-WARRANTY/dp/B002LYQF7A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326760451&sr=8-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭lau1247

bogman wrote: »
    After much after much toing and froing I ordered the Andrew James halogen oven from Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andrew-James-Premium-Replaceable-WARRANTY/dp/B002LYQF7A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326760451&sr=8-1

bogman, kinda cheeky to ask, any chance of sharing the halogen oven cook book in a PDF format when you get it??

Got the oven from Aldi yesterday and looking to make full use of it.. Pretty sure other here would appreciate it also.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

lau1247 wrote: »
    bogman, kinda cheeky to ask, any chance of sharing the halogen oven cook book in a PDF format when you get it??

Got the oven from Aldi yesterday and looking to make full use of it.. Pretty sure other here would appreciate it also.

Have you seen this one?

http://halogenovenrecipes.co.uk/Halogen_Oven_Recipe_Book.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Another decent free cookbook here, and plenty more recipes on the website and associated facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

I know it doesn't help you but 2 left in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Anyone know where you can pick up a baking tray/pan for this. Nothing I have fits into it. Tried chicken wings in it last night and was pretty impressed, not a good a deep frying but healthier I suppose. Also the 10 minute cooking guide line in the manual was way off so will take a bit of getting used to cooking times.

I got one in Aldi and cooked a chicken in it this evening i'm very impressed the chicken was moist and the skin crispy. I also am looking for a pan/tray for it so I can do chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭lau1247

I have but the one that comes with Bogman's Halogen Oven is 128 page, must be a fair bit of good recipe in there..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I'm sold on one of these.
    Saw it tonight in this weeks Aldi magazine, searched youtube and then this thread on here.

From the sounds of it, it just cooks things perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Saw it tonight in this weeks Aldi magazine, searched youtube and then this thread on here.

If you're thinking of the Aldi one - be aware that it came to Aldi last Sunday. They might not still be in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

brian_t wrote: »
    If you're thinking of the Aldi one - be aware that it came to Aldi last Sunday. They might not still be in stock.

Cheers for the heads up mate :)
    Already figured as much. Looks like I am going to have to go with a named brand.

Either that or wait till Lidl offer one. Aldi and lidl copy each others 'specials' that its a joke by now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Never had a need for one, never heard of one, never wanted one.

Don't believe adverts work, even subliminally.

Saw this thread for the first time, saw the youtube video three or four posts down from OP.

Now I want one and need to know where i can get one. Everything about it seems perfect for me.
    Drains fat, grills, cooks, bakes... Takes up no space, easy to clean, portable-ish, healthy..

Where can i get one? Argos says:
    Sorry we are temporarily closed whilst we unwrap our new catalogue

It's 05:12AM, i'm sure i don't need one right now, but.... :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I need one right now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

There were still some available in Aldi Tullamore on thursday night.

B&Q have them on sale at the minute, didn't catch the price.
    I think the one from Amazon is the best value outside ALDI.

LighterGuy wrote: »

I never heard of one until this thread, ended up buying one and I have cooked with it every night. It's brilliant the best forty quid I ever spent:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you turn the lights in the kitchen off while it's cooking the light from the bulb inside it is damned pretty :)

if you turn the lights in the kitchen off while it's cooking the light from the bulb inside it is damned pretty :)
    I'm saving money on bulbs, this lights up the whole kitchen:cool: my 3 year old stands in the kitchen just staring at it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭achiman

slave1 wrote: »
    B&Q have them on sale at the minute, didn't catch the price.
    I think the one from Amazon is the best value outside ALDI.

e50 in B+Q

• Advertisement

achiman wrote: »
    e50 in B+Q

Yep, was there a few minutes ago for other stuff, it's a JML one

Advertisement