Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

What type of Ferrari Marlow??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

What type of Ferrari Marlow??

Ferrari 360 Modena with custom exhaust system.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Marlow wrote: »
    Ferrari 360 Modena with custom exhaust system.

/M

Cool! One of the Octane heads?

Cool! One of the Octane heads?

Aye. He's out on nearly every Octane trackday alright.

Few pictures from today.

307824_10150402742273682_698008681_8729194_1837017673_n.jpg
    310844_10150402742518682_698008681_8729198_189516270_n.jpg
    379900_10150402742773682_698008681_8729203_1308403257_n.jpg

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

The guy in the Mak Evo was going really well, if I was having an Evo it'd have to be a Mak edition

• Advertisement

Gary ITR wrote: »
    The guy in the Mak Evo was going really well, if I was having an Evo it'd have to be a Mak edition

Aye. We were behind him in the Ferrari, he was sort of slowing down, then suddenly started to push on. Flames out of the exhaust and massive torque there for sure.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Arsenal match is pretty dull imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

eh? but yeah...we dropped 2 points :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Can't get enough of the 156 growl... great engine! Need to delete the wind deflectors though, I think they're causing aerodynamic noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

1. ye can't bate gettin hammered
    2. the who's tommy is an awesome album
    3. has anyone ever considered doing an electric conversion on a 406 coupé?

• Advertisement

ARGGH! I forgot to put the oil filler cap back on after filling up! Poxy stupid idiot me... now I've lost the cap and there's oil all over the engine bay! Still plenty of oil in it, thankfully. Thank fuck I looked at it when I did.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I did the very same with my punto, my fix was to put duck tape over the cap until I got to the scrappy :)

Brilliant idea, thanks! One thing I do have is plenty of duct tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Tonight i became one of those idiots with a light out.

Anyone know a good site to buy xenon headlight bulbs? One of mine went this evening and its now shining a delightful shade of purple. I have a feeling going through the parts department at a dealer with hurt, even a motor factors will be as the plan is to buy two and have a spare. Hate having lights out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

EPM wrote: »

Anyone know a good site to buy xenon headlight bulbs? One of mine went this evening and its now shining a delightful shade of purple. I have a feeling going through the parts department at a dealer with hurt, even a motor factors will be as the plan is to buy two and have a spare. Hate having lights out.

Ebay ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Confab wrote: »
    Can't get enough of the 156 growl... great engine! Need to delete the wind deflectors though, I think they're causing aerodynamic noise.

Did you end up buying?

That might work. I'll find out the make of the OEM ones in the morning as it's pitch black outside. Would prefer to get a matching pair. That's a lot cheaper than I thought it would be tbh.

Confab wrote: »

They do that alright. Mine added wind noise that wasn't there to begin with. Still handy as if you open the window after some rain it goes straight in otherwise!

....... 12.30 and 50 odd members and another last of guests on the motors forum, I rarely snooze well on a Sunday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

RoverJames wrote: »
    ....... 12.30 and 50 odd members and another last of guests on the motors forum, I rarely snooze well on a Sunday night.
    Driving with slippers on in a Rover would count as sleeping surely? :pac:

• Advertisement

barura wrote: »
    Driving with slippers on in a Rover would count as sleeping surely? :pac:

no doubt

Actually in seriousness, RoverJames, why do you have a fascination with Rovers?

I must admit, those rover 75s look nice, and have BMW engines in them in later models? Or am I mistaken?

I don't have a fascination with them, I do like them however. When I was 18 I found myself in a 9 year old 414si as a first car, having spent a few months looking woeful depressing underpowered yokes it was a delight. I've had other makes of cars too, which I also liked, I've had a few Rovers though.

The diesel 75s have BMW engines.

barura wrote: »
    I must admit, those rover 75s look nice, and have BMW engines in them in later models? Or am I mistaken?

Nope, you're not. Same engine that's in 320d's afaik

Anything in particular that stands out in your car history? Apologies for saying that lark about slippers, it was a pretty ****e joke. Your name lends itself to thinking that you mainly drove Rovers... And MG ZR's, IIRC.

And there was people paying good money for 320d's? I must tell my brother that, he was looking for a daysel...

Different turbo and 116bhp, 131bhp in CDti guise.
    A chap on here maintains they are different altogether in the Rover from the BMWs but he won't elaborate on that :pac:

BMW adds 20 brake horsepower, everyone knows that. :P

RoverJames wrote: »
    Different turbo and 116bhp, 131bhp in CDti guise.
    A chap on here maintains they are different altogether in the Rover from the BMWs but he won't elaborate on that :pac:

Love to let him explain why ours gets serviced at a bmw garage then :pac:

• Advertisement

EPM wrote: »

€231 for the bulb. Motor factors isn't much better:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement