Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many words do you know?take the test.

Options
  • 07-11-2011 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

I got eight out of ten correct,then you are invited to the next level (which may cost money,i do not know as i left it without signing up)
    it pass's a bit of time and i found it fun!:)

http://dynamo.dictionary.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

8 out of 10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

9/10. Done by process of elimination in most cases :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

9/10 estimated 45,504 words. May not be too accurate to base it on 10 questions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

10/10 :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

8 out of ten as well. no money needed you just need to give facebook permission to access all your deepest darkest secrets.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

9/10

Didn't know what Pronaos meant - A vestibule at the front of a classical temple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭hangon

CJC999 wrote: »
    8 out of 10

Whats worse is i tested myself again and only got 7/10 :o (the questions change)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

10/10 50,093 words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

10/10

Given the words I was offered, I'd have been very disappointed to have gotten fewer than 10.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »

just tried that one biko,got at least four wrong!:o:o:o

there,their,they're has always caught me out! :D

10/10 Given the words I was offered, I'd have been very disappointed to have gotten fewer than 10.
    i could think of a word to describe ya! :pac::)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

10/10 estimated 50,060. Pretty easy tbh. Even the ones I didn't know, as it was multiple choice, were obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

pinksoir wrote: »
    10/10 estimated 50,060. Pretty easy tbh. Even the ones I didn't know, as it was multiple choice, were obvious.
    I got 10/10 but only 35k words known...:confused:

MrP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I got 7/10. I didn't know what neb, palprebal, and andante meant. Seemingly I know 38.5K words all the same.

What level are you all doing? I started on the College & Beyond level.

I also did the elementary level and got 10/10. I think I'll start school again, it's nice to feel smart once in awhile!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

50K+ and dynamo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

On college and beyond and I got 10/10 and 50,042 words. I knew all the words, but through a process of elimination anyone should be able to get them all. The multiple choice makes it too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

10/10 - Fairly easy tbh. The multiple choice aspect made it too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

9/10 - 45,560 words I know : D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

10/10

Does it get much harder for the last two questions because the first 8 didn't have to think about at all but the second last was the written out name of some Urea compound and the last was algraphy which i'd never heard of but managed to eliminate/guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Arianna_26

8/10 on the college and beyond level, 42,068 words, apparently this makes me a sprocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

9/10. 45,583 words. Didn't know the first one at all and thought I'd fail miserably but as people said, multiple choice made it all too cromulent. A good score like that really embiggens me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

39/40

45,583 words

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

9/10
    Estimated words you know: 45,516

8/10 - I didn't know what noisome meant and I chose "payday" to mean something to do with money, supposedly it means more something to do with success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

11/10.

I've always been very good at English.

Wish I was better at Maths though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

8/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

10/10, it was far too easy.

summerskin wrote: »
    10/10, it was far too easy.

How many words did your 10/10 get you?

in future the 10 out of ten's must write down the words they know as well as giving their results!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

In future the 10 out of ten's must write down the words they know as well as giving their results

Just the words used in the questions?

or

The 50K words

Did you want them listed in alphabetical and numbered or just random??

LOL Yeah Right

Advertisement