Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds employee attacks two customers who jump counter, charged with felony

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭cityhunter

this is really terrible...
    how this happens? wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

think its a golf club he uses,looks like one.. some hidin given out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Apparently they gave him a fifty to pay for their food, he wouldn't accept it, then they hit him and jumped the counter. Then he went to the back, they tried following him, and he came back out with a metal rod and started beating the **** out of them, giving lacerations, fractures and a broken arm to them.

The server was previously in prison for manslaughter for a ten stretch.

The women (and it was hard to tell) but the women who attacked him are being charged with menacing and trespass, and he's probably going back to chokey. He's already been fired.

I dunno, I normally don't have much sympathy for this sort of thing, but those women were clearly interested in continuing a confrontation, and if they had left, or not hit him the situation wouldn't have escalated. I hope he gets off and they don't think they can be dicks to customer service staff who are doing their jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

It was self defence til he started beating them on the ground. But it's always nice to see scumbags pick on the wrong person and get a wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Good on him he should have got a promotion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

That blonde woman had a really annoying voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Everybody knows McDonalds is bad for your health.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

MagicSean wrote: »
    It was self defence til he started beating them on the ground.

I disagree - I think if a person is attacked physically, they have a right to render their attacker incapable of further attacks. In this case by...eh.. mauling them with a metal bar.
    But it's always nice to see scumbags pick on the wrong person and get a wake up.
    Yeah totally!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

looks like a metal rod used in the oil filtering process he is hitting them with, that would hurt a lot and do damage, should have just blasted them with piss big mac sauce

in fairness, he went overboard but they deserved it for starting sh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Scumbag jumps the counter looking for a fight?

If yes, then **** him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭bop1977

I'm loving it....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Would you like a beaten with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I'd like to have seen the blonde "STOP!" chick getting beaten. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

A Happy Slappy Meal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Pretty big vid making the rounds at the moment.
    Two women arguing with a mcdonalds cashier in new york slaps the cashier and jumps the counter. The employee runs and grabs some sort of pole baton thing and retaliates.

Rayon McIntosh, the cashier, was charged with felony assault charges and criminal possession of a weapon. The two women were charged with trespass and disorderly conduct. One of the women suffered a fractured skull and a broken arm in the incident.

The question being brought up about the video is if the cashier was justified in her actions and in turn did she deserve such a charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Justified in defending herself. The extra wallops when they're on the ground, nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

every right to hit them at the start in defence but went overboard in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Didn't use a big enough a pole, the extra hits were to make sure she staid down, 100% justifiable. I would have just hopped her head off the counter and knocked her out then stuck her head in the deep fat fryer, each to their own I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

Yes justified - self defence - two people jumped the counter to attack her - she retaliate.

If it wasnt for the actions on the two people who jumped the counter nothing would have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

it seems to me that the extra hits on the ground were in response to someone who wouldn't stay down. The blows look like they are landing not far below counter level, rather than ground level. In that case they are fully justified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Well justified in my opinion. If you jump a counter to attack the staff, you've already established violent intent and the staff should be able to make sure that they remain unharmed - even if that means making sure that the attackers stay down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

The stuff people record video footage of always surprises me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Black person gets charged with a felony for defending themselves... welcome to america.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Only in America that Oasis for Wickedness.....they call Freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

He went totally overboard, even picking up that metal bar. A couple of girls being a bit loud, and you with all your coworkers there? Yeah they jumped the counter but no need to start cracking jaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

uberwolf wrote: »
    it seems to me that the extra hits on the ground were in response to someone who wouldn't stay down. The blows look like they are landing not far below counter level, rather than ground level. In that case they are fully justified.
    Yes but the individual in question may have been making an attempt to retreat. You have no right to 'make someone stay down'. There's no such thing in law as 'self-offence'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Yes but the individual in question may have been making an attempt to retreat. You have no right to 'make someone stay down'. There's no such thing in law as 'self-offence'.

Only a numpty would want to offend themselves. Or maybe I offended myself last night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

maybe the few extras belts were a bit extreme but the two people jumping over the counter were obviously scum and deserved a good beat down!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Well justified in my opinion. If you jump a counter to attack the staff, you've already established violent intent and the staff should be able to make sure that they remain unharmed - even if that means making sure that the attackers stay down.
    That's what these guys said. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW1ZDIXiuS4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Brought a smile to my face. A lot of people have felt like doing that at work.

Advertisement