Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you try crystal meth?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

No way. I read somewhere before that it causes the brain to resemble swiss cheese full of holes.:eek:
    They said the same thing about alcohol and weed back when. I'd try it just to see what it's like because I know everything I've been told so far is more than likely over exaggerated lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

TheBunk1 wrote: »

Question was would you try it, not would you give over a decade to it's abuse!
    Wasn't britney on meth for a while? She still looks just about do-able don't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Yes I would try it, gotta try everything once otherwise you just havent lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Question was would you try it, not would you give over a decade to it's abuse!
    Wasn't britney on meth for a while? She still looks just about do-able don't you think?

Fair enough you've convinced me, pass the pipe and gimme a toke :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'd try it just to see what it's like because I know everything I've been told so far is more than likely over exaggerated lies.

I can tell you 100% that its not, ive talked to people who have ended up with massive addictions when living in the far east and the states. The stories are horrible, would you shoot up? its the same risk your taking. Ive feared for years that meth would take a hold in Ireland, dont underestimate it. No junkie ever thinks they are going to end up a junkie the first time they use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    I can tell you 100% that its not, ive talked to people who have ended up with massive addictions when living in the far east and the states. The stories are horrible, would you shoot up? its the same risk your taking. Ive feared for years that meth would take a hold in Ireland, dont underestimate it. No junkie ever thinks they are going to end up a junkie the first time they use.

I think it was more the swiss cheese statement that he had an issue with.

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    Fair enough you've convinced me, pass the pipe and gimme a toke :pac:

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!
    You better stay off it bunk, you're too easily led!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Chains

Is there a poll on this thread yet? I'd say we'd get a better idea if there was one.

My vote is no, for what it's worth. I don't think I need to explain why.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Would you try crystal meth?
    Other than when it might save my life if I was dying (even then very reluctant), no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

not a hope im living in toronto at the moment and some of the states you see people in from that s@#t are terrifying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Actually now that I think of it I saw it on an Oprah special a few years ago so it must be true.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

no, i dont really like mind altering substances
    except sugar and caffeine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

I have tried both yes.

And would you advise someone who hasn't tried them to go for it, otherwise "they haven't lived"?

beano345 wrote: »
    not a hope im living in toronto at the moment and some of the states you see people in from that s@#t are terrifying.

Have you never seen a wino?
    Or would you not risk alcohol either?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

lastlaugh wrote: »
    And would you advise someone who hasn't tried them to go for it, otherwise "they haven't lived"?
    Jaysus man its AH lighten up will you.

totally different drugs even though both mess you up, its the desperation and craziness of meth addicts that scares me its not called the devils drug for no reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Jaysus man its AH lighten up will you.

Eh, OK, sorry. :(

Being a tad argumentitive again, time for a smoke and coffee I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

what parts of toronto do you be in?!?!

only blatantly obvious junkies ive ever seen have been in vancouver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

F*ck that.

I'll stick with the booze and caffeine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

If you though heroin was bad in the 80s/90s, you haven't seen anything yet. I'll deal with junkies. I want nothing to do with someone on meth.

Ireland is in for a very rude awakening with meth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

But it's like any other drug we only notice the worst case scenarios. I've heard horrible stories from drunks, I've even heard horrible stories from weed abusers. But they're all just stories, I've yet to try a drug that lived up to the hype.

Helix wrote: »
    what parts of toronto do you be in?!?!

only blatantly obvious junkies ive ever seen have been in vancouver

gerrard st/jarvis street especially around sherbourne, constant police cars, helicopters,crack dens and allsorts dragging their sorry selfs around.be glad to see the back of it

gerrard st/jarvis street especially around sherbourne, constant police cars, helicopters,crack dens and allsorts dragging their sorry selfs around.be glad to see the back of it

jaysus, glad ive never really had call to be in those areas at all

feck that

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭herosa

I got the shock of my life in Toronto. One guy tried to reach out and steal my bag when we are having coffee. The next morning I was standing outside the hotel having a smoke waiting for my OH to come down. This down and out made a move towards me to mug me and only swerved away cos a coach load of tourists started pouring out of the bus. It makes Lower Abbey St Dublin look like a kiddies playground. Toronto is crawling with down and outs. It shattered any romantic notion of the place I had very quickly. What is it about it I wonder?

herosa wrote: »
    I got the shock of my life in Toronto. One guy tried to reach out and steal my bag when we are having coffee. The next morning I was standing outside the hotel having a smoke outside my hotel waiting for my OH to come down. This down and out made a move towards me to mug me and only swerved away cos a coach load of tourists started poring out of the bus. It makes Lower Abbey St Dublin look like a kiddies playground. Toronto is crawling with down and outs. It shattered any romantic notion of the place I had very quickly. What is it about it I wonder?

heard they closed down the mental hospitals and turned them all out on the street theres a serious amount of them alright most are fairly harmless.some genuine tragic cases.

herosa wrote: »
    I got the shock of my life in Toronto. One guy tried to reach out and steal my bag when we are having coffee. The next morning I was standing outside the hotel having a smoke waiting for my OH to come down. This down and out made a move towards me to mug me and only swerved away cos a coach load of tourists started pouring out of the bus. It makes Lower Abbey St Dublin look like a kiddies playground. Toronto is crawling with down and outs. It shattered any romantic notion of the place I had very quickly. What is it about it I wonder?

either you and beano are hanging out in the dodgiest of the dodgy areas or i walk around with my eyes closed, but ive been here over 2 years and never seen anything like that

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Fizgig Bandicoot

Watch the Louis Theroux documentary : The City addicted to Crystal Meth. Think it's on youtube (I'd post a link but I'm in work and it's blocked.) Very interesting.

My answer to the question is HELL, NO! (The documentray and Breaking Bad don't make it very appealing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I already have enough problems with the kids hiding my crack pipe, why would I want the extra stress of having to look for TWO in the morning instead of one?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭herosa

either you and beano are hanging out in the dodgiest of the dodgy areas or i walk around with my eyes closed, but ive been here over 2 years and never seen anything like that

It was Downtown Toronto where all the theatres are. We left to go to Niagra early. We went to Montreal too but the problem wasnt as visible there.

• Advertisement

sure take an oul stroll down sometime. im staying in a hostel near there. police officer in reception this morning some junkie got in through the fire door and robbed 3 belgian girls luggage.

Advertisement