Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever cheated the system? And how.

Options
  • 05-09-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭

Have you ever cheated the system?

The one I can think of is the following, although I think it is more theft than cheating the system to be honest:

At the Tesco self-checkouts, I entered a doughnut into the scanner as a banana. Many times saved me about 60 pence.

And yes, before I get attacked, I am aware that this is still theft, regardless of the price. And of course I am aware that my example isn't strictly cheating the system per sé.

What about you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

in subway, when i am getting a drink i fill the cup up then drink as much as i can and fill it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Your parents must be so proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭revell

Never. But I was cheated by the system all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

py2006 wrote: »
    Your parents must be so proud!

Ah here we go...here's the Mother Theresa right on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

Yes. The system would eat you too if it got the chance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I once won a bet at L'town, 50 on at evens, when I went to collect (in the pissing rain) the bookie actually asked me how much I was getting back. Being the honest chap I am I said, "An even hundred" but he must have mistook me for saying "a hundred at evens" and gave me 200 quid. Being the dishonest person I then became I walked off with the extra dosh!

To be fair 2 months previously a bookie out there gave me a dud 50 and when I went to lodge money into the bank it was discovered and confiscated, I was down a 'nifty'!

Not exactly cheating the 'system' I know but an entertaining little ditty all the same :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Ate a sausage at a breakfast buffet before going to the till and didn't pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

FatherLen wrote: »
    in subway, when i am getting a drink i fill the cup up then drink as much as i can and fill it up again.

Idiot, Subway do free refills if you are staying in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

How much is a fecking doughnut ? Didn't think there be 60cent between a nanner and a doughnut.

I think all I done was wait for someone to leave the pay to piss toilets and held the door open. Everyone does that though apart from the very first person in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

FatherLen wrote: »

scab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I blatantly abused the 'take a penny, leave a penny' jar in a supermarket once

boiledeggs wrote: »

Em I think he knows that...he was being sarcastic;)

boiledeggs wrote: »

what a relief...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I used to work in a well-known Irish bookshop chain when I was a student (maybe 8 years ago) and a mother came in with her children to buy them their school books. It was obvious she was stressed out and broke and she would've had to spend hundreds on school books...so without her looking, I pretended to scan some of the more expensive ones through but just put them straight into the bag without her noticing. It was a spur of the moment thing and I still debate in my head whether I did the right thing. Personally, I felt it was alright about it as it was a large chain of bookshops but I know plenty of people who'd disagree. She was visibly relieved and I was glad I did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Have you ever cheated the system?

The one I can think of is the following, although I think it is more theft than cheating the system to be honest:

At the Tesco self-checkouts, I entered a doughnut into the scanner as a banana. Many times saved me about 60 pence.

And yes, before I get attacked, I am aware that this is still theft, regardless of the price. And of course I am aware that my example isn't strictly cheating the system per sé.

What about you?

I usually eat some grapes while doing the shopping, odd bar of chocolate, can of coke.

hondasam wrote: »
    I usually eat some grapes while doing the shopping, odd bar of chocolate, can of coke.

So do you pay for anything at the till? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I live with my boyfriend, claim single mothers, and use the money to go on holidays and to pay for my fancy new car.

Once at an 'All You Can Eat' buffet I didn't have all I could eat!

Yeah take that system, F U!!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Does buying fake 50 euro notes count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

I live with my boyfriend, claim single mothers, and use the money to go on holidays and to pay for my fancy new car.
    Grenade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I don't pay for trams :o. Normally I would get a monthly travel card but right now I am as broke as f*ck.

kfallon wrote: »
    So do you pay for anything at the till? :confused:

Nay, paying is a mugs game. :D
    someone pays just not me.

I wouldn't really go into my cheating the system affairs on here, if I had any of them affairs of course.

Jesus, are you destitute?

Sooopie wrote: »
    Jesus, are you destitute?

There is a recession you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Honestly don't think I've cheated the system.
    Feel like a goody two shoes now.
    Might go out now and buy a twix with monopoly money or something.

There is a recession you know.

knackery thing to do in my opinion.

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    I used to work in a well-known Irish bookshop chain .

that's sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Grapes fine. Chocolate or Coke is a no-no though. There is a line.

• Advertisement

Yeah the chocolate/can of coke might be taking it too far. But then again, I'm the one who scans a doughnut as a banana...I'm no better.

Advertisement