Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2011/2012

Options
  • 23-06-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Well it's a bit early but sure why not :rolleyes:

General discussion thread for the leaving cert class of 2012..:pac:

What subjects ye doing?

How much study are ye doing?

Whats the plan after the leaving cert?

How's the social life? :cool:

etc....etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! You can't take over our forum until the results at least? :(

LOL joke, but come on? It's raw enough yet.. :cool:

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! You can't take over our forum until the results at least? :(

Until the end of September when we finish discussing our newlyfound college lives! :P

Until the end of September when we finish discussing our newlyfound college lives! :P

I concur :P

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

haha sorry :P just count yerselves lucky yer finished with it! and good luck with results:D

haha sorry :P just count yerselves lucky yer finished with it! and good luck with results:D

Nope... not until 12 hours 45 minutes time!

Got a facebook mail today that a local pub sent out telling me the Leaving Cert was over and they're having a party... I was like :(

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

same.. except it was off ucd telling me i should concentrate on sorting out my CAO.. too bad im not finished until 5:20 tomorrow :/

same.. except it was off ucd telling me i should concentrate on sorting out my CAO.. too bad im not finished until 5:20 tomorrow :/

Oh yeah, got the yesterday as well I think..

It was dated the 22nd (wait I got it on the 22nd? weird) so it's not as if it was sent to arrive on Friday or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

yea i know! what have you got tomorrow anyway? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

lol yeah, I got a letter being all like "now that the leaving cert is over...". I was like, I still have two exams :|

yea i know! what have you got tomorrow anyway? :)

Applied Maths..! :eek:

I've been going around all day saying FML... and I hate that phrase..! :L

But tomorrow night = :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

YES, HA! HA! NEVER AGAIN DO I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THIS AGAIN. IT'S ALL AHEAD OF YOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Yeah, enjoy the worst year of your lives :]

Yeah, enjoy the worst year of your lives :]

I actually didn't mind it at all! Get treated like a semi-equal for the first time by teachers?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

There's nothing you can really say that would make me go do it all again :P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Jaysus lads. You have most of the summer left, so rest and have fun while you can and worry about that stuff come September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I always think you guys are the same person! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

I'm sitting the LC in June 2012 (Repeating to get into medicine, should have done this four years ago!)...

Am doing English, Irish, French, Biology, Chemistry and then I can't decide whether to do ordinary level Maths and higher Geography or drop Geogo and do higher level maths...

:confused:

I took ordinary level maths when I did the LC in 2007 and I'm also taking up Chemistry (Dropping Music) this year so I think I might stick with it ordinary even if it means and extra subject...

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I always think you guys are the same person! :P

:eek: I'm the coolest Leaving Cert Boardie (or whatever we're called) EVER.. :P

:eek: I'm the coolest Leaving Cert Boardie (or whatever we're called) EVER.. :P

Excusé moi? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Jorda 12

Does anyone know what date the leaving cert 2012 finishes ? I set up a thread asking this and for some reason after a few answers it was closed .............Anyone know why that would be ? :confused: So i cannot reply to it :(

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hue.G rection

Ah lads, im dreading the leaving! Haha jk i just finished the leaving! :D

Cheers LittleMissLost, but i must be going blind, I have searched that website on numerous ocassions and still can't see when the leaving cert finishes in 2012 :confused:

Jorda 12 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what date the leaving cert 2012 finishes ? I set up a thread asking this and for some reason after a few answers it was closed .............Anyone know why that would be ? :confused: So i cannot reply to it :(

You were told it starts June 6th and ends 13 weekdays later. How much more of an answer do you need?

You were told it starts June 6th and ends 13 weekdays later. How much more of an answer do you need?

:eek: Oh Sorry ! I was told probably So the person didn't know for sure.Thanks for the reply anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

I'm sitting the LC in June 2012 (Repeating to get into medicine, should have done this four years ago!)...

Am doing English, Irish, French, Biology, Chemistry and then I can't decide whether to do ordinary level Maths and higher Geography or drop Geogo and do higher level maths...

:confused:

I took ordinary level maths when I did the LC in 2007 and I'm also taking up Chemistry (Dropping Music) this year so I think I might stick with it ordinary even if it means and extra subject...

I'd say do HL Geography. Chances are you'll get way more points in that than in maths. Geography, unlike maths, is actually interesting and relevant to real life! IMO, Geography is the most beneficial subject you can study and OL maths is easy if all you need is a pass (assuming this if you're using your 6 HL subjects for points).
    HL maths is irrelevant to life, very difficult, boring and in no way beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

well since the original question was about the leaving cert class of 2011/12:
    ummm i havent studied at all in the last two months..nor do i intend to, although i will attempt to get my notes and all that up to date and organised :pac:
    but yeah i dont know if actual study is a good idea - only because IMO it'll just be forgotten by me in the first place yanno?
    as for the social life, cramming as much going out as i can into the last few weeks of summer :D

so yeah... if i do attempt study, it'll only be light so the first week of sixth year isnt a shock to my system :(

and as for any other people in this situation- are yous dreading it as much as I am??!!!
    god i feel so unprepared :pac:
    and as for the present leaving cert students - Good Luck with your results :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Has any other Leaving cert class of 2012 people looked at any of the exam papers from this year?? :O I know it might be a bit early for predictions but i presume Larkin and Heaney willl come up in english... But.. i suppose its WAAAAAAAAY to early to think of that.. but im fuming with Accounting.. our teacher told us that all the topics we do this year is defo coming up for us in 2012... And ALL and I'm not exxagerating at all, all the topics we did this year came up this year... :/ it'll be a mess... :L But to answer your quetions... Im not really studying yet.. doing a bit of english here and there ( its my worst subject so trying to pick up work) and I'm not reli dreading it... just looking forward to meeting all my friends again! :L Hah..

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

ahh @ChemHickey
    uhh i looked at the papers (was an attendant so looked as soon as i could've) yeah the english was EASY... but if heaney comes up i'll be happy- what makes ya think they will anyway??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Ya i was an attendant too and I thought that their English paper was easy too, like a theme of Mystery was very broad! :L I don't like Heaney as much as Kavanagh, but I'd say he'll come up as he wasnt on the course last year, or next year... so they still want him to be in circulation for the year 2014 and to make sure he isn't a guarantee for the 2014's... same reason with Larkin.... Haven't studied Larkkin yet, but hopefully by looking at some of his work it doesn't seem too bad... :L I hope Plath comes up (haven't studied her yet either but she seems grand writing about nature and animals and etc is more of my area! :L )
    Do you have any ideas in any subject? What subjects do you do? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement