Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Sensation vs Samsung Galaxy S II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Coinflip ? There's an app on the sensation for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Just in case anyone was wondering, the Galaxy S II doesn't have enough power to act as a USB host for the Sensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Baza210 wrote: »
    Just in case anyone was wondering, the Galaxy S II doesn't have enough power to act as a USB host for the Sensation.

am I missing something? Why would you want that?

Do you know what USB host is?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Do you know what USB host is?

I think the question is why would you want to hook the two phones together?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

FWIW I went with the HTC Sensation, it was free, and Voda wanted 80 yoyos for the SGS2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Inquitus wrote: »
    FWIW I went with the HTC Sensation, it was free, and Voda wanted 80 yoyos for the SGS2

Got my GS2 today, very happy so far glad to be shot of htc sense!

I think the question is why would you want to hook the two phones together?

Proof of concept, file transfer, having a laugh. Take your pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

fionny wrote: »
    Got my GS2 today, very happy so far glad to be shot of htc sense!
    I haven't experience of either phone, so genuinely interested in knowing why you prefer Touchwiz (iirc?) over Sense? :)

Touchwiz is much less invasive. Once you install a 3rd party launcher it's a much closer experience to stock Android than would the case having done the same on an HTC Sense phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

Touchwiz is much less invasive. Once you install a 3rd party launcher it's a much closer experience to stock Android than would the case having done the same on an HTC Sense phone.

Im with Bazza on this. There seems to be a lot of love for Sense, but it drove me up the wall and actually made me hate Android as the whole experience was so inconsistent. I'm using LauncherPro and I absolutely love it. TouchWiz is fairly close to stock Android.

I love that I can have quick access to apps I use in the dock (Phone, Email, App Drawer, SMS, Browser) and have a nice neat home screen with a nice weather/clock widget and a few useful shortcuts. It works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Polar101

Inquitus wrote: »

Same here, would have got the SGS2 if the price had been the same. Very happy with the Sensation so far, I'm upgrading from a S60 phone so there's quite a bit of difference. 8GB card won't last long, I've already used 1/3 of the space and I don't even have any music on the phone yet.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Vodafone are now selling the S2 for €419 on prepay!! Although i do like my Sensation I think I really want the S2 now. I'm going to call Vodafone tomorrow and see if that 7 Day return thing is real, and if so get my money back and get the Galaxy S2.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Anyone know how to do a factory reset? I went into settings - privacy and there is supposed to be a "factory reset" in there but on mine there is none!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Zascar wrote: »
    Vodafone are now selling the S2 for €419 on prepay!! Although i do like my Sensation I think I really want the S2 now. I'm going to call Vodafone tomorrow and see if that 7 Day return thing is real, and if so get my money back and get the Galaxy S2.

I get €449, where did you see this price?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Doh! Sorry my mistake...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'm due an upgrade on Meteor at the moment. Choice is between the Galaxy S2 and the Sensation. After reading most of this thread, I'm very confused as to what to do. This will be my first Android phone, should that influence my decision?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Zascar wrote: »
    Do you want to swap with me? I have galaxy s2 and I don't like it ,got it on Thursday...It's locked to three so u would have to root

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭thomasj

Turns out there might be an issue with the sensation that might be worse than the iphone4 antennae issue

[URL] http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_sensation_suffers_from_death_grip_iphone_4_caught_snickering-news-2742.php [/URL]

Haven't had any huge signal issues on mine. Plenty of phones black-out if you grip em with both hands, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Haven't had any huge signal issues on mine. Plenty of phones black-out if you grip em with both hands, to be honest.

Aye no issues with mine, must be because I don't hold it wrong :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

elderlemon wrote: »
    I have an Asus transformer tethered to a stock (cm7) htc desire right now! works fine.

Me too with nexus s! They fixed it a few weeks ago it seems, latest builds have infrastructure mode. Working fine with archos tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

If this is anything like with apple then its nonsense - no bars does not mean no coverage.

If I cup the bottom of the s2 I get no wifi bars upstrairs, but youtube streams no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LostInDharma

Well I was all set for the HTC Sensation , purly on build quality as in the reviews the galaxy S2 was looking a bit plastic-ie . But after a visit to vodafone today I got a chance to look at both phones. The HTC does fit better in the hand but the galaxy s2 felt very good also. Much better than expected.

So a question to Galaxy owners, do you like the build ? How sturdy is the phone in everyday use. I've heard some bad reports about previous samsung phones, is the galaxy S2 good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I like the build, the back cover isnt as flimsy as some make it out to be. Getting a casemate tough case for it

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Well I was all set for the HTC Sensation , purly on build quality as in the reviews the galaxy S2 was looking a bit plastic-ie . But after a visit to vodafone today I got a chance to look at both phones. The HTC does fit better in the hand but the galaxy s2 felt very good also. Much better than expected.

So a question to Galaxy owners, do you like the build ? How sturdy is the phone in everyday use. I've heard some bad reports about previous samsung phones, is the galaxy S2 good ?

I thinks its too early to say about quality.i can say that is very comfortable to hold...much better vs my old desire hd. i can hold it in one hand and type text in any positionn.the only things is a plastic which i am sure will get marks and scratches.my old dhd looked like brand new after 5 months. also, galaxy is very light! It doesnt hurt when you play with it for long time...also, remieber that whatever you do you drop the phone at some stage, which one survy plastic or aluminium?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

For me, it works well. While it is made of plastic, it is tightly screwed together the build quality is beautiful, everything is tight, parallel and beautiful. The big issue for me is the camera which sticks out a fair bit and there is no protection for the lens, so I think a case is necessary to protect the camera, more than the rest of the body.
    iwo wrote: »
    also, remieber that whatever you do you drop the phone at some stage, which one survy plastic or aluminium?

It's not clear-cut, while plastic will scuff up the flexibility may move more of the impact away from bits of the phone. Also, gouged up Aluminum/Plastic on the HTC will probably be more noticeable as the underlying silver will be quite different to the brown colour on top. Anyway, don't you have a case on your phone, of course it was pristine after only 5 months in a case, the SGS II would be too!
    Im not understanding all the hate for the plastic - iPhone shipped with a plastic back for two years, no one complained. Most people will have a case on it, so you don't know what it's made of anyway! Build is better than HTC, IMHO - which have horrible disjointed joins where plastic meets aluminium, the battery cover on the Desire was appalling, it never fitted properly on dozens of handsets I saw.

Advertisement