Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How NOT to post on this forum - A Case Study.

Options
  • 01-04-2011 12:51am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've started this, having moved the following posts from another thread, to highlight exactly how NOT to behave on the forum. I hope posters find in informative and helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Hi Guys I need some advise regarding rentals in limerick please. when i move i wont be working so not lot of money and need to know how much money i should bring to rent out an apartment or house in limerick city. what would a deposit be and rent.

Im from limerick city my self but been quite some time since i was there.

I am married with a 2 year old child and one on the way (23 weeks today).
    im doing a course which finishes soon and so is my wife.

I am eligible for rent allowance and presently on a RAS house which we do not like and wish to move home to family as we have no one here.

my advice..raheen/dooradoyle because you dont(if you have too)venture into the scumbag city that is limerick city.im from here and i hate to say it,its a kip and anybody thats tryes to tell u different has never experienced city life here.i would love to say different but unfortunely i cant.

limerick city moto= **** you jack im ok

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

cruiser178 wrote: »
    limerick city moto= **** you jack im ok

Plenty of us are okay. ;)

Plenty of us are okay. ;)

thats fine for your blindness,the reat of us will have to deal with the pieces,you obviously have no understanding of the level of victims in this city.Remember those innocent victoms.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

thats fine for your blindness,the reat of us will have to deal with the pieces,you obviously have no understanding of the level of victims in this city.Remember those innocent victoms.

I'm not blind. You're suggesting that the entire city is uninhabitable because of crime. That's beyond ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Ridiculous, i have many friends living in the city centre who absolutely love it.

I'm not blind. You're suggesting that the entire city is uninhabitable because of crime. That's beyond ridiculous.

no i did'nt, i said raheen/dooradoyle are fine,most of the rest of it is a ****hole.I used to feel safe walking around limerick city because it WAS my city but not any more.Why do you think that is????

no i did'nt, i said raheen/dooradoyle are fine,most of the rest of it is a ****hole.I used to feel safe walking around limerick city because it WAS my city but not any more.Why do you think that is????

Because you're exaggerating. Simple as that. Town isn't exactly paradise, but it's a long, long way from the hell you're pretending it is.

zuroph wrote: »
    Ridiculous, i have many friends living in the city centre who absolutely love it.

in the city centre?ha,you got to be kidding me,explain.i also know ppl who live in the ccr,who have great views from there apps but they wont walk outside late at night.

Because you're exaggerating. Simple as that. Town isn't exactly paradise, but it's a long, long way from the hell you're pretending it is.

you keep believing that,now whos been nieve?

• Advertisement

It's not naïvety cruiser. It's called being realistic. I know that crime exists in Limerick. I see the drug-addicts, the beggars, the gangs in hoods trying to look hard. They're there alright. The thing is, tens of thousands of other people co-exist in the same environment, every day, and most of us get by just fine. I don't know what your personal issue is with the city centre, but don't use it as a stick to beat everybody else.

2008 limerick city the murder capital of europe http://www.independent.ie/national-news/limerick-is-now-the-official-murder-capital-of-europe-1353369.html GTFO,this place is a ****hole and you know whats worse,we the ppl have left it get this way.

It's not naïvety cruiser. It's called being realistic. I know that crime exists in Limerick. I see the drug-addicts, the beggars, the gangs in hoods trying to look hard. They're there alright. The thing is, tens of thousands of other people co-exist in the same environment, every day, and most of us get by just fine. I don't know what your personal issue is with the city centre, but don't use it as a stick to beat everybody else.

have you got kids?dont tell me about been nieve,your ignorance outstands me.

seriously, can we stop dragging this thread off topic?!

I have friends living in city centre who have no problem with walking from one end to the other at night. I feel safer walking limerick streets at night than several other Irish cities. Its the same as any other city worldwide, walk with a mate and you're generally fine.

2008 limerick city the murder capital of europe http://www.independent.ie/national-news/limerick-is-now-the-official-murder-capital-of-europe-1353369.html GTFO,this place is a ****hole and you know whats worse,we the ppl have left it get this way.

and GTFO out with this stat, its horribly scewed by the population figure they chose to use...

try 2009s figures
    In Ireland and Britain, only Glasgow comes ahead of Dublin -- in fifth place. Latvian capital Riga was number one on the list.
    http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/dublin-murder-rate-is-one-of-europes-highest-1589449.html

have you got kids?dont tell me about been nieve,your ignorance outstands me.

I'm 22 years old, so no, I don't have kids. I practically am one, in some people's eyes. ;)
    I live my life in and around Limerick City, and I genuinely can't understand how you keep coming out with the stuff you post.

On another note, I'd like to remind you that the site guidelines say "attack the post, not the poster". With that in mind I'm asking you to refrain from attacking my character. There's really no need at all to use the words "blindness", "naive" and "ignorance" in this conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fairymuffin

@insect overlord maybe you should read this link before defending limerick so stronglyhttp://www.thefreelibrary.com/LIMERICK+CITY+GUN+WARFARE:+CRIME+GANGS'+SNIPER+THREAT;+Gardai+fear...-a0111484801

That link doesn't work. Help a guy out here!

@insect overlord maybe you should read this link before defending limerick so stronglyhttp://www.thefreelibrary.com/LIMERICK+CITY+GUN+WARFARE:+CRIME+GANGS'+SNIPER+THREAT;+Gardai+fear...-a0111484801

worked for me, it proves panic talk..

that article is from 2003, 8 years old. If it was true, please explain to me which murders have been carried out in Limerick using Sniper rifles, as it claims was about to happen??

BS plain and simple, you can come out from hiding behind your couch now.

• Advertisement

fairy, do you know cruiser, or what brought you to register at this hour to post here?

I'm 22 years old, so no, I don't have kids. I practically am one, in some people's eyes. ;)
    I live my life in and around Limerick City, and I genuinely can't understand how you keep coming out with the stuff you post.

On another note, I'd like to remind you that the site guidelines say "attack the post, not the poster". With that in mind I'm asking you to refrain from attacking my character. There's really no need at all to use the words "blindness", "naive" and "ignorance" in this conversation.

I used to feel the same as you when i was your age 22,dont confrunt me when i have a lot more life experiences then you in limerick and its scum bag residents of the areas i came from,it makes you look this<->big.Know what you are talking about be fore you mod a forum that involves the whole of the limerick ppl,little boy.

I used to feel the same as you when i was your age 22,dont confrunt me when i have a lot more life experiences then you in limerick and its scum bag residents of the areas i came from,it makes you look this<->big.Know what you are talking about be fore you mod a forum that involves the whole of the limerick ppl,little boy.

thats some pathetic posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fairymuffin

fairy, do you know cruiser, or what brought you to register at this hour to post here?
    registered last week:Djust happens to be my 1st post

why you trying to be a sa

registered last week:Djust happens to be my 1st post

do you know cruiser?

Nice knowing you cruiser! Both accounts banned from the Limerick City Forum for sock-puppeting, breach of peace and personal abuse.

Nice knowing you cruiser! Both accounts banned from the Limerick City Forum for sock-puppeting, breach of peace and personal abuse.

any chance of getting their crap deleted too? It frustrates me to think that someone may be thinking of moving to Limerick, come to the forum, see this thread, and see the ****e that they've posted and put up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

So posts that were deemed worthy of deletion get put up in a seperate thread of their own, pretty much duplicating their effect, as some kind of example of what is not acceptable.

Funny that, it looks to me like two sides goading each other with one side being smart enough to technically stay within the Charter boundaries.

Pretty sad stuff by all involved, and of no help at all to the guy who made the original post asking about places to stay.

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    So posts that were deemed worthy of deletion get put up in a seperate thread of their own, pretty much duplicating their effect, as some kind of example of what is not acceptable.

Funny that, it looks to me like two sides goading each other with one side being smart enough to technically stay within the Charter boundaries.

Pretty sad stuff by all involved, and of no help at all to the guy who made the original post asking about places to stay.

The reason the posts were removed to a new thread (and not deleted) was because for a short time a legitimate debate was being carried out. The topic of that debate was of no help whatsoever to the OP in the other thread, you are correct. That is why the other thread was cleaned (i.e. to keep it on-topic). The fact that one poster refused to follow site-guidelines, despite polite recommendation, is of no fault of mine.

I don't know what you find sad about that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement