Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl, any viewing on here?

Options
  • 06-02-2011 2:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Any channels covering it on RTE or UK/Sky?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

BBC1 22:55

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Here and not the dedicated American football forum? Seriously..?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

There is dedicated forum?...anyway this IS a tv related/schedule question.

Syferus: [stop tryna cause drama and get my threads moved/locked/deleted and tryna get me infractions/warnings/bannings....yer outta control now!!]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

There is dedicated forum?...anyway this IS a tv related/schedule question.

Syferus: [stop tryna cause drama and get my threads moved/locked/deleted and tryna get me infractions/warnings/bannings....yer outta control now!!]

Run that by me again, please.

Do you see people asking about football or GAA or boxing here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Syferus wrote: »
    Run that by me again, please. Do you see people asking about football or GAA or boxing here?

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Syferus wrote: »
    Run that by me again, please. Do you see people asking about football or GAA or boxing here?

eh leave him be,he's the longer on boards than you.

I remember TV3 used to show,bastard VB is on now instead.

Oh come on, it's not like it's a real sport! Much more an event than anything else!

:P

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Oh come on, it's not like it's a real sport! Much more an event than anything else!

:P

very true,rugby is more of sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

American Football is the thinking mans game

Strategy, plays, fake plays, misdirection and more

Love it

• Advertisement

American Football is the thinking mans game

Strategy, plays, fake plays, misdirection and more

Love it

never really taught of it that way tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Here is the match thread in the American Football Forum if you want a proper discussion. http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056157446

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Here is the match thread in the American Football Forum if you want a proper discussion. http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056157446
    goooooooooooooooo steelerssssssssss!

All I want is a good game, it would be great to see big Ben get another ring but it would be nice to see rodgers win one too along with driver and Jennings, and their whole defence. Let's hope it's a high scoring game.

All I want is a good game, it would be great to see big Ben get another ring but it would be nice to see rodgers win one too along with driver and Jennings, and their whole defence. Let's hope it's a high scoring game.

200 euro on the steelers,bastards better win.

Jesus you got some balls, I'd be freaked if I lost €5 on a bet, steelers experience should pull them through though, let's hope for your sake anyway.

Jesus you got some balls, I'd be freaked if I lost €5 on a bet, steelers experience should pull them through though, let's hope for your sake anyway.

:D I'm confident,I never really lose bets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Larwhelan

Was answered with the first post why the discussion its on bbc1 at 10:55pm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I will be recording for viewing tomorrow evening. I have work in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I always watch it, but just back from a weekend away..

.. two flights and been up since 6.30am.

Will Sky+ it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Basq wrote: »
    I always watch it, but just back from a weekend away..

.. two flights and been up since 6.30am.

Will Sky+ it.

Big shot moderators. Always on the go

• Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    Big shot moderators. Always on the go
    It was the sprawling metropolis of Carlow..

.. with a stopover in Paris ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

For those amongst us, and I know they may be few, who may be intending to watch the Superbowl tonight for less than sporting reasons, a sense of public duty compels me to convey to them some very bad news.......there will be NO cheerleaders!

Scandalous, I hear you cry, but the Steelers and Green Bay, for some unfathomable reason, do not have cheerleaders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Go to the internet if cheerleaders are your thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

€60 on the stealers, have my american flag up popcorn nearly ready, got hotdogs for later, go stealers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Go Packers!!!

Just opened the wine and ready to go - and off work tomorrow so for once can watch it all without clock watching :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

hmm .. was thinking of watching.. but I'm running out of beer, it's not on RTE, and I think I've used up a huge amount of my bandwidth already.... and dont get me started on the half time .. it was an hour, a full HOUR last year.. and I dont want to listen to the Black Eyed Peas for that long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

cena wrote: »
    it is a great game. sure they have too plan their next move.

plan the next move?? "we're gonna try and move ten yards".. I know that's oversimplifying it, but I dont think there should be such a long break between downs.. They should be straight back in to it, like the phases in rugby..

There's way too much fkn around.. When it's on it's a brilliant, exciting game... but I couldnt watch a live game... It's soooooo slow moving it makes the new rugby scrum look like fast tracking..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭cena

i don't watch the rugby. not what i'm into. its not like soccer were they just keep kicking the ball around. hate that game.

trwoing that ball is like some sort of art form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

200 euro on the steelers,bastards better win.

Ouch.

Advertisement