Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Announcing the JA WORST EVER LATE LATE SHOW AWARDS

Options
  • 06-02-2011 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭

So this is my two cents

this thread should be a sticky.

my suggestions

JA (Johnnyanon) to be the main judge, and to tabulate the amt of votes an announce the winner in December./ or whoever gives the best reason why their nomination is the best.

Devore gives a prize to the winner

edit. all the LLS show threads put into it's own forum for easy reference. votes, nominations can be made up til dec

anyway suggestions as to format etc welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dude I can barely remember who was on last Friday (and I was watching).
    They're hardly memorable enough to pick a worst episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Mr E wrote: »
    Dude I can barely remember who was on last Friday (and I was watching).
    They're hardly memorable enough to pick a worst episode.
    well hence the own forum thing (- just added to post) for voters to peruse

last fri is a strong candidate i admit. :D

anyway, just a suggestion - bit of craic - add to the LLS slag-fest.

i'll leave it to the masses/ mods.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I think if we could organise two tickets to the show for the winner that would be just wonderful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

ArtSmart wrote: »
    So this is my two cents

my suggestions

JA (Johnnyanon) to be the main judge, and to tabulate the amt of votes an announce the winner in December./ or whoever gives the best reason why their nomination is the best.

Devore gives a prize to the winner

edit. all the LLS show threads put into it's own forum for easy reference. votes, nominations can be made up til dec

anyway suggestions as to format etc welcome

Crap thread, sticky my arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

amdublin wrote: »
    I think if we could organise two tickets to the show for the winner that would be just wonderful.

I would love it if RTE let the winner post during the show on their phone or laptop,

It would be great to get live updates some week on how badly Tubridy is interacting with the audience during the ad breaks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

The Samuel L Jackson interview. That was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever, ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

my two cents

my suggestions

Fancy yourself a bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

haha.. maybe the worst interview might be a better idea, we could shortlist a few and include clips?? ... and maybe have a special One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest Award for with nominees Diarmuid Gavin, Jim Corr and Lord Christopher Monckton.

September 3rd 2010
    In the first show of the new season, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair gives his first live interview following the publication of his autobiography. Ryan chats to Munster rugby star Donncha O'Callaghan and there are performances by former 'X Factor' stars Jedward and singer Imelda May.

September 10th 2010
    Ryan Tubridy talks to Irish band The Script, former Minister for Defence Willie O'Dea, golfer Graeme McDowell and music from Sharon Corr.

September 17th 2010
    Broadcasting great Micheál Ó Muircheartaigh joins Ryan as he prepares to call time on his career. Also joining Tubridy are comics Des Bishop and Barry Humphries.

September 24th 2010
    Ryan is joined by world boxing champion Katie Taylor, garden designer Diarmuid Gavin. Tim Robbins reflects on his acting career and performs with the 'Rogues Gallery Band' and Derek Davis is part of a panel discussion ahead the RTÉ 'Coming of Age' series as part of Positive Ageing week.

October 1st 2010
    Republic of Ireland football manager Giovanni Trapattoni makes his first Irish chat show appearance since taking up the job in 2008. Writer and former drug smuggler Howard Marks is joined by fellow Welshman and notorious hell-raiser Rhys Ifans to talk about Howard's new biopic 'Mr Nice'.

October 8th 2010
    Ryan Tubridy is joined by The Saturdays singer Una Healy and her uncle Declan Nerney. The High Kings perform with one of their biggest fans, Adam O'Sullivan. Comedian PJ Gallagher chats about his fear of flying and John Lonergan discusses his time as governor of Mountjoy prison.

October 15th 2010
    Ryan Tubridy is joined by Hector Ó hEochagáin, Carol Vorderman and Meath football legend Liam Hayes with a special live performance by Chris de Burgh. Katherine Lynch also perfroms as singer Bernie Walsh.

October 22nd 2010.
    The winner of Ireland's Greatest is announced after a final passionate plea from each of the five advocates. Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood talks about his life and performs live. Also joining Tubridy is domestic goddess Nigella Lawson, fashion stylist Gok Wan and Irish champion jockey Ruby Walsh.

October 29th 2010
    Guests this week include legendary crooner Tom Jones, Irish dance sensation Michael Flatley, singer turned actress Andrea Corr and crime correspondent Paul Williams.

November 5th 2010
    Ryan is joined by Girls Aloud singer Nadine Coyle, Juliette Binnoche, Michael Parkinson and soccer legend John Giles and friends celebrate his 70th birthday.

November 12th 2010
    Ryan is joined by comedian turned author Dawn French, 'Anonymous' funnyman Jason Byrne and acclaimed artist 'Rasher'. Labour party leader Eamon Gilmore discusses the future of Ireland and Cerys Matthews performs live.

November 19th 2010
    Music and chat, hosted by Ryan Tubridy. On this weeks show comedian Dara O'Briain, The Chieftans, X Factor winner Shayne Ward and a panel discuss the possible bail out.

November 26th 2010 – Toy Show
    It's that time of year again! Ryan is joined by children from all around the country as they test out this year's 'must have' toys as well as some old favourites.

December 3rd 2010
    It's that time of year again! Ryan is joined by children from all around the country as they test out this year's 'must have' toys as well as some old favourites.

December 10th 2010
    Ryan is joined by Robbie Williams, Mark Owen and Gary Barlow from Take That, former Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Daniel O'Donnell and his wife Majella.

December 17th 2010
    Ryan is joined by X Factor star Mary Byrne, actress Saorise Ronan, the u23 world cross-country gold medallists and the Rubber Bandits. Johnny Logan, Mary Byrne and The script all perform live.

December 24th 2010
    Ryan Tubridy is joined by Robbie and Claudine Keane, Archbishop Diarmuid Martin and singer-songwriter Jimmy McCarthy.

January 7th 2011
    Ryan talks to American acting legend Brian Dennehy, director Neil Jordan, Boyzone singer Mickey Graham and comedian Neil Delamare hosted by Ryan Tubridy.

January 14th 2011
    Ryan Tubridy chats to Kathryn Thomas about presenting the new series of Operation Transformation and this year's leaders discuss what motivated them to take part in the show. Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister, Martin McGuinness discusses his role in the peace process. Louis Walsh chats about The X-Factor and The Coronas perform live.

January 21st 2011
    Tubridy has a panel discussion on the week's political upheaval, Riverdance star Jean Butler and conspiracy theories are discussed with Jim Corr and Lord Christopher Monckton - with music from Irish band Clannad and Ryan Sheridan.

January 28th 2011
    Ryan chats to Bob Geldof about the release of his new album and his plans for the year. Domhnall and Brian Gleeson chat about their famous father and their favourite roles. Patsy Kensit reveals her Irish roots and Brendan O'Carroll chats about the success of 'Mrs Brown's Boys'.

February 4th 2011
    Ryan Tubridy interviews Ardal O'Hanlon and former ER actress Maura Tierney about their theatre production. Alastair Campbell talks openly about depression and Fergal Keane discusses his OBE. Sugarland perform their latest single and internet sensations 'Up and Over It' dance with their hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

^^

Its a tie. They all win, cos they were all shït. Ruined by the host.

he he. that'd be brill. and the winner could text comments to boards.ie whilst at the show

someone on the inside. oh, the divilment of it all. :D

• Advertisement

SkidMark wrote: »
    I would love it if RTE let the winner post during the show on their phone or laptop,

It would be great to get live updates some week on how badly Tubridy is interacting with the audience during the ad breaks.
    ah, ye beat me to it.

mikom wrote: »
    Fancy yourself a bit?
    em, well yes but what's that got to do with anything?

:D The sticky is to keep all the info in one place, but a forum wud do that just as well i suppose.

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    Crap thread, sticky my arse

Withdraw! Withdraw!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Howard Marks and Rhys Ifans ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

My initial list for the worst interviews would be:

-The Juliette Binnoche interview was horrific.. probably the worst of the year.
    -Diarmuid Gavin interview was bizarre.
    -Ryhs Ifans was another awkward one, and gave us DLB (and the now cliché "What's a DLB?")
    -Asking comedian Bill Bailey (who was on to make people laugh) about the recession..
    -He had a number of boot licking interviews, like with O'Dea, Crowley, John Lonergan... I would consider them among the worst as well.
    - The sports interviews were poor also..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Howard Marks and Rhys Ifans ftw

Gets my vote!

And remember it did spawn "DLB" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

It’s a very hard decision for Jon, there’s so much carnage and cringe inducing disappointment to choose from and we still haven't got around to this year's Boyzone's "how do you feel about Stevo?" interview.

How bad can the LLS get?
    It's too soon to tell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

We should all write in for tickets for the same night, say we are the "JFK/Madmen/book club".

Poly wrote: »
    We should all write in for tickets for the same night, say we are the "JFK/Madmen/book club".
    mine godt - i think you have it!

the boardie LLS show outing....

brilliant.

and we could hand him the award in person!!!!

*swoons*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

mine godt - i think you have it!

the boardie LLS show outing....

brilliant.

and we could hand him the award in person!!!!

*swoons*

OK how do we go about orchestrating this?!

• Advertisement

OK how do we go about orchestrating this?!
    em, we nominate johnny to apply for tickets for December. about 20 should do it.

call ourselves the such n such fan club.

tell tubbs we want to give him an award*

give it to him

smirk knowing amongst ourselves.

wink to the LLS board.ie thread onlookers

quickly leave the studio and head into town for many beers, laughing all the way.

simples

the award will be a plague with the date of the worse show on it and judged by JA from submitted nominations.
    :cool:

em, we nominate johnny to apply for tickets for December. about 20 should do it.

call ourselves the such n such fan club.

tell tubbs we want to give him an award

give it to him

smirk knowing amongst ourselves.

wink to the LLS board.ie thread onlookers

quickly leave the studio and head into town for many beers, laughing all the way.

simples

I'm excited already!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

the award will be a plague with the date of the worse show on it and judged by JA from submitted nominations.

I don't like the guy but biological warfare is taking it a bit far!:eek:

iguana wrote: »
    I don't like the guy but biological warfare is taking it a bit far!:eek:
    LOL

Guess Freud had a point. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

his interview with Richard Dawkins a few seasons ago was pure muck and cringe worthy.
    'There's no God is it?'
    'Well yes'
    'eh yes...can we talk about my book'
    'No, so the vaticans a joke is it?

It was awful. I would recommend the debate on Scientology Gay Byrne had on the Late Late in the early 90s, its on youtube. That was how to control an panel and a firey debate, Gay in his prime! and also how ahead of its time the LL used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I'm going back to 1993 to give my one, and it wasn't Gay's fault this time. Its just if you invite a bunch of conceited egos together onto the show, it gets a little rough. When Daniel Day Lewis and Jim Sheridan came on the show in late 1993 to premote In The Name Of The Father, and they are both probably tired, and Gaybo started asking them his usual kind of silly questions, you can see the frustration building up on both of their faces. It got to the point where Pete Postlethwaite, who was a really decent guy, intervening to bail out Gaybo. Its a wonder the movie industry put up with a prick like Jim Sheridan for so long. As for Daniel Day Lewis....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The one where Tubridy was licking Ahern's arse

• Registered Users Posts: 85,112 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ok should we start by trying to get a LLS forum but would there be enough interest?

My nomination for 11/12 season is the Cuba Gooding Jnr

Cuba "c'mon Ryan, what kind of show are you running?"

DLB "I'm sorry, I'm sorry"

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ok should we start by trying to get a LLS forum but would there be enough interest?

I like it, Liz.

A one stop shop for all our LLS love/hate/memories/mainly still whinging about Tubridy.:)

Great idea, Look at the all the other shows which have their own Forums.

A Late Late forum is long long overdue!

Advertisement