Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dinner?

Options
  • 05-01-2011 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

am having dinner for my birthday next week with about 7 r 8 of my friends and was going to go to chocolat as always but thinking of maybe going somewhere else.any suggestions for cheapish enough nice food guys? :) thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

chicken hut.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

try azure you cant beat it only thing I dont like is the side of town. If you want pubs livelier you need to go up town. Food and atmosphere fab you cant beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

maryk123 wrote: »
    try azure you cant beat it only thing I dont like is the side of town. If you want pubs livelier you need to go up town. Food and atmosphere fab you cant beat it.

forgot about azur!always wanted to try that.thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Limk_Lad

try smokie joes / cellar restaurant, on O'Connell st,

• Registered Users Posts: 47 chocoholic

The service can be slow in Azur but it's worth the wait! The food is top class :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,955 ✭✭✭✭phog

I was in Chocolat last week and was a bit disappointed in it, maybe because I've gone there too often and the menu hasn't changed much, everone else at my table were happy with their food but I felt it lacked something.

I havent been to Azure since it moved to Georges Quay but if the food is anything like when they were in O'Connell St then it would be one of my favourite restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Have you looked here yet???

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055507096

Also wouldnt recommend Azur - tiny portions of food, although its very good and the service is shiote!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Always found Azur great. Portions where perfect as i was always full leaving. Found the staff very nice in there and the prices where good too. Atmosphere was very laid back also. Haven't been in there in a few months but the €19.90 menu was very good value.

I think Chocolat is the most overrated restaurant in Limerick. Nice enough tasting food but no better than a lot of places in town. Recently went to a birthday dinner there and even though we had booked for 8 O Clock we where standing around for about 45minutes, if not longer. Then when we got to our table they had not made enough places for the amount of people we booked and we ended up having to cram everyone in. Also there where other people that where waiting so long to be served on the same night they got up and left. Got the meanest portion of chicken fajitas in there also, i think it was three tiny wraps, a small bit of chicken and a tiny drop of sour cream, guacamole and salsa. The burger and steak i got in there before where pretty decent though. Just can't understand how they are always so busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

Thai Gourmet. Absoloutely Fab! Good location on glentworth street. Easy walking distance to Pubs ( White house, Myles Breen, Clohessys, Flanerys Cathrine Street)

Early bird 5-7pm 13.95 for Two courses
    7pm til closing 19.95 Three courses

Food and service is excellent. It my favourite spot in limerick.

No connections to place. Just really like it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Id try giving a recommendation but its probably closed down!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

cornstore - love the food there. Not sure if its cheap though but think they do an early bird thing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Limk_Lad wrote: »
    try smokie joes / cellar restaurant, on O'Connell st,

Not a fan of that place at all.

The Hamptons maybe? They do a pretty great early bird and the service is top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Burger King do great parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

The Hamptons! Lovely food, great service and mid range prices but you get a lot more then what you are paying for, it is divine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Spur's Steak House in the Crescent Shopping Centre is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Spur's Steak House in the Crescent Shopping Centre is pretty good.

You'll be waiting for your food tho. Like it but sometimes you can be waiting 30 mins or more for food.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

La Picola on O Connell St do an early bird for €16 - two course and tea/coffee

really like the grub in there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Try Freddy's Bistro early bird

+1 to Freddy's Bistro - fantastic food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Was in the Hamptons last week. Absolutely gorgeous food. Meat cooked to perfection and no delay in the service. Prices are good for the well presented, prepared foods.

• Advertisement

thanks for all the feedback guys.am torn between the hamptons and freddys!going to ask my friends and see what they say :) woooooo...exciting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,955 ✭✭✭✭phog

you wha? wrote: »
    thanks for all the feedback guys.am torn between the hamptons and freddys!going to ask my friends and see what they say :) woooooo...exciting :D

If it was down to those two as an option then for me I'd go for Freddy's.

phog wrote: »
    If it was down to those two as an option then for me I'd go for Freddy's.

+1

saw sum pics of it online n it luks kinda cramped if there'll be a few of us, so methinks its the hamptons :) thanks for the advice though x

you wha? wrote: »
    saw sum pics of it online n it luks kinda cramped if there'll be a few of us, so methinks its the hamptons :) thanks for the advice though x

It's probably the best restaurant in Limerick, I'm pretty sure they can cater for a group.

jeez Keane, you're in Limerick a wet week, yet you know your way around the restaurants pretty well already!!! :p

zuroph wrote: »
    jeez Keane, you're in Limerick a wet week, yet you know your way around the restaurants pretty well already!!! :p

I like good food man!

steak and pints some evening so!

aww u guys planning a lil man date?!how sweet :P

• Advertisement

I still think you should go to chicken hut. :p

Advertisement