Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 6 - Tournament Dublin - 6th November 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

Might enter both:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Maybe it does actually make sense to run them both on the same day.

It'd be good to mix player bases.

I'd like to hear from the BB players though.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Maybe it does actually make sense to run them both on the same day.

It'd be good to mix player bases.

I'd like to hear from the BB players though.

I don't think i mind too much since i play both, only problem is i don't want to get use too 2 different button scheme in 1 day thats all >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

So when is the tournament and who is participating?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

mantys wrote: »
    So when is the tournament and who is participating?

Who knows? Ask Triademan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Triademan

Yo ! 13 November 2010 ! Even if there is another tourneu mixing both could be funnier and we could meet new people ! sounds good to me !

Meet at XGC at 2pm ! I ll be there ! Hopefully the guys who posted there as well ! The list I put on TZ and here !

Tell people around u and that should be good !

TEST YOU WELL :D

Ok, so how many copies of the game do we have? I don't have a copy anymore so I cant bring one.

Do you think I could bum a converter of anyone cause i can't find my damn one anywhere?

Yop ! i ll bring my tekken 6, if anyone can bring his one that is good !

Yep i can bring a pad converter

This shuld be fin see you there at 2 pm !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Test you well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Bush80 wrote: »
    Test you well

Test who well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Test who well?

You

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Probably a "you had to be there" thing, but this was one of the funniest fights I've had ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Who won, and can we expect to see them take on Simon Lau at CXC?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Triademan won.

Don't think he can make it up north next Saturday, but I think he's determined to run monthly tournaments now even if numbers start out small.

Thanks to everyone who showe up ! Small tourney but great atmosphere !

8 players - top 4....lol

Triademan
    God Fisted Kaz
    Bob Player???
    Red dragon Jack

money everyone paid 3 EUR. Total was 24 EUR (8X3 EUR).

I gave 10 Eur/2hours to a guy who booked 3 tv ( Forgot his name, sorry !)
    I gave 3 EUR/1 hour to XGC
    The winner got 8 Eur and the 2nd 3 Eur

I am looking to organise another one as I loved playing OFFline, wich I did not do since a while ! And i loved as much chatting with the guys Aaron, Bryan and co !
    Bryan, you re nice guy ! And you know the **** on SF4 it s obvious ! Alomost convince me to give it a go again ! ;-) Wich i might when Sf vs tekken is released...just to kik some ass with kazuya ! :D
    Aaron, dude, GG, good Nina...Bob player, keep training man, RDJ, nice fight with the Bob player !

About Simon Lau, would soemone have a vid of the lad ? I d like to check it out myself ! I have been playing tekken since 16 years and won some local tourneys, so I d be interested to know a bit more about !

Thanks again to all who showed up and Tekken is just a great fighting game Offline and it deserved to have a decent community in Ireland !!!

So... see you soon !

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Thanks, fun tournament. I was the Bob player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Glad to see ths went ahead. I'm not a Tekken fan, but I'd like to see more tourneys spring up =)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cloudpaul

Triademan wrote: »
    About Simon Lau, would soemone have a vid of the lad ? I d like to check it out myself ! I have been playing tekken since 16 years and won some local tourneys, so I d be interested to know a bit more about !

Battle of Destiny 2008. Simon Lau was Chuu. He came 4th, losing only to Devil (the best in Europe) and Ryan Hart (If you don't know him, you don't know Tekken). He lost his match to Ryan Hart (3rd place playoff) in a very close fight and Hart then went on to Evo to win there, so that should give you a scope of Simon's experience and talent.

video looks like someone recorded there own flashback:)

Cloudpaul wrote: »
    Battle of Destiny 2008. Simon Lau was Chuu. He came 4th, losing only to Devil (the best in Europe) and Ryan Hart (If you don't know him, you don't know Tekken). He lost his match to Ryan Hart (3rd place playoff) in a very close fight and Hart then went on to Evo to win there, so that should give you a scope of Simon's experience and talent.

Hopefully after 16 years of tekken, i know a bit the scene...Just 2 things....

Devil best player in Europe ? I don t agree with this...he did well beating Ryan hart feng vs feng in tekken 5 but he never won a major tekken tourney...Even if the guy is gifted...to say he is the best in Europe it s far wrong I think !
    Ryan hart, went to EVO and won it but just FYI no US heads were there at the time (insanlee, waygamble, ect...). I know it sounds weird but that the truth if you check the player list. PS is still great though no doubt about that...And losing versus him is no shame, it just depend how you lose....lol ( i did lose vs him in a tourney in France in quarter final as as well ...lol)
    If you dont believe me bout the gap Us vs Europe at tekken, just check the results of European players in last Week end UT in Paris ( major Tekken tourney in Europe with Top korean, japanese and Us players as host...)

On your vids we don t know who is Chuu ( lei or kaz ) ?? I think it s the lei but...

If you want check about some Tekken irish players check there :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1fOmrb70xQ

TEST YOU WELL

• Advertisement

Devil best player in Europe ? I don t agree with this...he did well beating Ryan hart feng vs feng in tekken 5 but he never won a major tekken tourney...Even if the guy is gifted...to say he is the best in Europe it s far wrong I think !

He won BoD, that was pretty damn huge. He also never won another major tourney because he hardly travels, like Alioune being regarded as the best european SSF4 player but he also doesn't travel very often, even to French tournaments. He's also widely regarded as the best in Europe from the popular opinions I've heard.

Chuu is the Kazuya. You can see his matches against Devil and Ryan Hart in the related videos. he'll be using Kazuya (suit) or Lee. He would hardly have been the Lei. The lei player lost and I had previously stated that Simon got 3rd and was only beaten by Devil and Ryan.

If you are still unsure, you should come up and challenge him yourself. :)

Cloudpaul wrote: »
    He won BoD, that was pretty damn huge. He also never won another major tourney because he hardly travels, like Alioune being regarded as the best european SSF4 player but he also doesn't travel very often, even to French tournaments. He's also widely regarded as the best in Europe from the popular opinions I've heard.

Chuu is the Kazuya. You can see his matches against Devil and Ryan Hart in the related videos. he'll be using Kazuya (suit) or Lee. He would hardly have been the Lei. The lei player lost and I had previously stated that Simon got 3rd and was only beaten by Devil and Ryan.

If you are still unsure, you should come up and challenge him yourself. :)

You mean Bode ??? The italian Julia player ? u mean Devil beat bode ? Of course this is huge, but he is not the only one in europe to have manage to do so..Genius, PS, JTB, ect...You know in a tourney all goes very quick...But I m sure you know that...
    You just cannot say Devil is he best in Europe, sorry, as you said he barely travel and for the few he did he did not won it. Best tekken players in europe Steve 88, JTB, Genius, PS, Starscream, dinosaur, Malekith, bode, leok, you could have picked this ones, because they ve been consistent, went to many tourneys and won few of them and they prove it many times...ok.
    I have nothing at all against devil but sayin he is the best at tekken in Europe is just not serious...Sorry.
    OK Chuu is the Kaz player...Ok well I am kazuya player myself...So thats cool !
    I dont think I can come to Belfast but I d be happy to come if I have the opportunity...As well you re welcome to drop over her to check what some of us ( Mevek, domo, Aaron...) are made of...you won t be disappointed I guess.

TEST YOU WELL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

BoD = Battle of Destiny

test you well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I think it's time for Triademan to put up instead of basically saying Simon's a scrub...

I also think Simon has no clue whats going on in this thread :D

TEST YOU WELL

Saw him tonight, didn't speak to him but one of the other guys will probably have filled him in.

TEST YOU WELL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

All I can say is....
    motivator485cd4429b9e2a.jpg

Best tekken players in europe Steve 88, JTB, Genius, PS, Starscream, dinosaur, Malekith, bode, leok, you could have picked this ones, because they ve been consistent, went to many tourneys and won few of them and they prove it many times...ok.

I should probably highlight now that Simon has beaten Dinosaur and I think he's beaten one or 2 of the others at either Battle of Destiny and Super vs Battle as some of the names sound familiar from what I remember of being there. I was watching when he beat Dinosaur and it was rather convincing. In Battle of Destiny Devil beat Dinosaur also. He and his brother were 1st and 2nd, respectively.

I can put this info to Simon if you like and see if he'll possibly attend the next Inferno or something.

Well tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Who're those mysterious Polish brothers who keep beasting on Ryan Hart & making him salty?
    Never learned their names.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Nobody knows.

But they are godly Kazuya players, can't remember if the other brother plays Kaz or Nina, but the champ brother defo plays Kazuya.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Who're those mysterious Polish brothers who keep beasting on Ryan Hart & making him salty?
    Never learned their names.

They would be Devil and that other guy.

Advertisement