Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon TCG & Video Game League Dublin

Options
  • 31-08-2010 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

I'm very proud to annouce that I've got the go ahead to run an officially regignised Pokémon League in Gamer's World in Dublin City.

We are planning on running the League say 3 weeks out of 4 and have a tournament on the 4th week. We should hopefully be kicking off in the second weekend of October.

The League supports both Trading Card Game (TCG) players and Video Game players. We have some prize support for Video Games, but we have more for TCG. We will have a cost to enter, but it shouldn't be more than €5 per week to cover costs.

While I'm waiting for the League pack to arrive I need a few details from you the players. I just need and idea on what days suit players to run Pokémon. Some days are unsuitable with the shop as they have other TCG running.

Please show your support and join in the fun :)

What's the best day to run the League and favored playing? 39 votes

Monday
    0% 0 votes
    Thursday
    5% 2 votes
    Friday
    5% 2 votes
    Saturday (pending)
    7% 3 votes
    Sunday
    43% 17 votes
    Trading Card Game
    28% 11 votes
    Video Games
    10% 4 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sounds great, I'll definitely be along as much as I can. I'd only be taking part in the video game but maybe if I get my skills up in the TCG :D

I'd say weekends would be the best bet for people to attend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

What a great idea, good work getting it organised! I'm in for the video game so long as it's on weekday evenings or at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

That sounds great but I'll only be able to attend every now and then as I live in the south-east. Weekends seem to be the most suitable times. ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Sounds great! Would there be any specific rules for the video game tourneys? Tiers I imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Awesome, well done Buzz, this sounds so cool. Weekends would suit me best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Craguls wrote: »
    Sounds great! Would there be any specific rules for the video game tourneys? Tiers I imagine?
    Nom Con has taught me that the majority of players haven't a clue on tiers. Video game battles during League days will simply be run on what both players decide on.

Beat the other guy, earn a stamp, stamps equal prizes.

The last time I spoke with the shop dude, he said he would give me prize support I. The form of Pokemon TCG boosters. This could be an easy way for people to get into the TCG part and earn the TCG promos that will be up for grabs. The TCG is simple to learn, I'll teach anyone that is willing to give it a shot :)

Nom Con has taught me that the majority of players haven't a clue on tiers. Video game battles during League days will simply be run on what both players decide on.

Beat the other guy, earn a stamp, stamps equal prizes.

The last time I spoke with the shop dude, he said he would give me prize support I. The form of Pokemon TCG boosters. This could be an easy way for people to get into the TCG part and earn the TCG promos that will be up for grabs. The TCG is simple to learn, I'll teach anyone that is willing to give it a shot :)

I'll give it a shot. ^^

I've spoken with the shop dude and we have arranged that the first night will be on Thursday the 7th of October starting at 6pm.

Please bring your DS and game/s, Pokémon TCG cards if you have any, €5 for entry fee and a birthday card for me (it's my birthday that day :D).

If you don't know how to play the TCG I can teach you and you can practice using my training deck. It's nice and easy to pick up

I'll post up reminders closer to the day, remember a League is a casual come and play evening. Hopefully we can get Leagues running every week with a Tournament every 4th week or so.

Thursday is the best day for the shop at the moment, but we can always change it in the future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

man i hate livin in kildare now

I probably won't be going because I have no way of getting up to Dublin because I live in the south east abd it's also a school night. =(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Sweet!! In VG's will it be flat battles or open level? and I was thinkin of playin TCG as well but id have to fish around the attic for my cards and id imagine i wouldnt get very far considering the latest cards i have are Neo Discovery :eek:

popzmaster wrote: »
    Sweet!! In VG's will it be flat battles or open level? and I was thinkin of playin TCG as well but id have to fish around the attic for my cards and id imagine i wouldnt get very far considering the latest cards i have are Neo Discovery :eek:
    The Video Game battless will be decided by each player prior to starting a match. The League is casual, not strict like a tournament, but standard things like no Hacked (cheated) Pokemon apply.

As for TCG bring your own cards if you have them, we accept all formats to begin with and move on to newer sets once everyone has earned a few boosters and can built decks with the newest cards. The TCG has better prize support like Scholarships, clothing and random awesome stuffs, so we'll aim to built up a strong force with the TCG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I've spoken with the shop dude and we have arranged that the first night will be on Thursday the 7th of October starting at 6pm.

In a 4 year course, I go on one field trip to Wales. Guess when that is :mad:

Urizen wrote: »
    In a 4 year course, I go on one field trip to Wales. Guess when that is :mad:
    On my birthday? Just come the next week. Leagues are an ongoing thing unlike tournaments. Think of a League like a meet up with perks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

On my birthday? Just come the next week. Leagues are an ongoing thing unlike tournaments. Think of a League like a meet up with perks :)

Ha, I know there'll be more. Just depressing that I'd miss the first one, ya know?

Man can't wait! Furious training goin on yea!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

i might be able to make it hopefully, would be a shame to miss the first one and the chance to test my new team additions just before the eirtakon tournament

Seems there has been a hiccup in the system and we wouldn't be getting the latest promo cards and patches for our League. We will instead get 4 different promo cards (including Snorlax and Uxie) and DS skins instead, result IMO!

i was hoping to get skins actually, they look sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Going to miss the first one but will try to get to these after that.

That Thursday is both my birthday and the day before I head of on tour with my band.
    A lot of preperation is a sure thing on that day, so if I do make it I will more than likely be late. Haha

• Advertisement

So we start on the 7th yea?

popzmaster wrote: »
    So we start on the 7th yea?
    Yup as close to 6pm as we can

Yup as close to 6pm as we can

Sweet that gives me time to get out after fás and get a subway on baggot street foot long only €4 between 4 and 7pm not bad huh??

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

I'm currently on crutches so I won't be able to make it in :L This sucks... I've been really looking forward to trying out my tcg deck :(

SamIAmNot wrote: »
    I'm currently on crutches so I won't be able to make it in :L This sucks... I've been really looking forward to trying out my tcg deck :(
    If you think you can make it on the night, I will make sure you get one of the very limited seats at the shop for the whole evening.

Get Well Soon ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Might try check it out, along with a few friends. We'd be more interested in the Videogaming aspects, as we dont play the TCG. Might pop along if we have time.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I got word that my college lectures this Thursday evening are cancelled so I'll be able to go this week! I'mlooking forward to it

Anyone who would like to come this week and doesn't have any Pokemon cards, don't dispare! I've got a big 'ld box o' commons and uncommons that want to be part of some new decks :)

god damn it i completely forgot about the first meeting, i probably won't be able to make this weeks one either since its so close to eirtakon

• Advertisement

god damn it i completely forgot about the first meeting, i probably won't be able to make this weeks one either since its so close to eirtakon
    That's okay, just come when you can. That's the good thing about it being a casual "tournament"

Advertisement